[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazon Prime Air
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: WhoppingHotIbex.webm (275 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
WhoppingHotIbex.webm
275 KB, 448x252
http://www.popsci.com/amazon-shows-off-new-hybrid-delivery-drones-with-top-gears-clarkson

>As far-fetched as it sounds, the era of drones delivering packages is about to begin, according to Amazon.

>Earlier today, the company released a new ad on YouTube showing an all new "hybrid" drone design that can switch between vertical and horizontal flight.

>earlier this year, the company sparred with the FAA over delivery regulations. Amazon, as well as Google and several other companies, were recently part of an FAA task force to figure out drone registration rules.

So what's gonna happen when these things pick up? Think they'll get culturally enriched and looted out of the sky? Think this is going to be used to get the public used to drones overhead?
>>
Back to the Future 2 promised us laser lights, easy time travel, real futurism... Here we're excited over helicopter delivery...
>>
I wonder what happens when one malfunctions and lands/crashes on some random person's yard. Does Amazon have a right to enter your property to retrieve it? Are you under any obligation to report it or assist in recovering it?
>>
>>3158
I thought it was announced that amazon wasn't allowed to do this.
>>
>Think they'll get culturally enriched and looted out of the sky
I wish the mods made a point to remove /pol/ buzzphrases from this board
I would actually quite love it if drone piracy rings started developing, it's cyberpunk-esque as fuck
>>
>>3191
Amazon has its lobbiests
>>
All of the top retailers failed to compete with Amazon's prices this Black Friday. This spells disaster for physical stores... Even the biggest one.

Could Amazon be a legitimate threat to economic stability?
>>
>>3199
There's always the option of filtering out words like Dindu, Happening, etc.

>>3161
Science fiction always subscribed to an optimistic timescale. We did eventually invent cellphones and solar panels, so we can confirm reality imitates Star Trek.
>>
>>3158
I only buy stuff from Amazon now. I look forward to when Amazon is the only store in the world. The prices are so low. The feeling of small businesses unable to compete and closing up makes my peeny weeny tingle.
>>
>>3211
Do you think their prices will remain low if there are no competitors?
>>
>>3212
Of course. Jeff Bezos has promised us that prices will always be low, and Jeff Bezos always keeps his promises.
>>
>>3215
Just like Valve Software.
>>
If this ends up being successful do you think UPS and FedEx will be forced compensate somehow?
>>
>>3199

>implying he inst bringing up a legitimate concern
>implying you're not butthurt
>>
>>3219
>implying the biggest delivery companies in the U.S wont make their own drones
>>
>>3211
Hopefully Amazon can keep a drone shipping monopoly.

I'm jacking off now to that. What a clusterfuck.
>>
>>3199
Its not racist because it's real, negroes simply are more likely to theve.
>>
They could just route the delivery paths around problem areas, that's the magic of air travel
>>
>>3357
The drone still has to land to deliver the product. That's when it's most vulnerable.
>>
>>3206
No. Natural monopolies are good for society and anyone who claims otherwise is a commie.
>>
>>3345
not even wrong
>>
>>3459
did you stroke out dude? natural monopolies are bad news for the consumer, they allow businesses to stagnate, and don't encourage competition, and as they say, competition breeds innovation.
>>
>>3188
Well, what happens when any other type of aircraft crash lands on your property? Do you own a helicopter that makes an emergency landing in your back yard?
>>
>>3490
Yes
>>
>>3502
The correct answer was no.
>>
>>3459
Monopolies are anti-capitalism as fuck, in fact they more closely resemble the gommie model where the government owns everything and the consumer is left without a choice.
>>
>be Amazon drone operator delivering dragon dildos
>have to dodge a danmaku of rocks, paintballs, bbs, and the occasional real bullet every day
Where do I sign up?
>>
>>3507
No
>>
Where's this gonna be happening?
NYC
I hope it's NYC
>>
>>3215
Nine iPhone versions were created after Jobs died. Not a good argument.
>>
>>3511
Sounds really fun, actually.
>>
>>3511
Have fun trying to dodge me when I launch my own attack drone.

I'm gonna build one hell of a captured drone collection when Amazon unleashes those babies.
>>
>>3158
When this launches I'll be the first skypirate.
>>
>>3158
What do I study to become knowledgeable enough to be a drone pirate?
>>
>>3508
Key word being natural in that anons post.

As long as there is no force barring the entry of other potential competitors into the market, it works fine.

If the monopolies rose to power by consumer choice (based on a superior product, value, etc.) why is that considered a bad thing?
>>
>>4706
Because it's bad for consumers. Competition drives prices down and spurs innovation.
>>
>>4841
Did you not bother to read my post at all?
>>
>>4078
operating a flak cannon
>>
>>5735
Do you understand that once a company attains a monopoly through "superior products" or "value" they have no incentive to maintain either?
>>
>>3511
I just realized that this could be a job where being a good videogamer would actually be a good thing to put on your resume.

Companies scouting out people in Rocket League tourneys or something to find the best people

Boom, now they contribute to society, SJWs.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.