[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOP Establishment will not support Trump in the General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1
File: the trumpback of notre dame.jpg (18 KB, 388x295) Image search: [Google]
the trumpback of notre dame.jpg
18 KB, 388x295
> Although Donald Trump has signed a pledge to support the Republican Party’s nominee, that doesn’t mean the party’s establishment will support him, should he win the GOP presidential nod.

> A report by the Hill suggests the big money Republican donors are actually looking to support Hillary Clinton for commander in chief if Trump is at the top of the GOP ticket. Yes, the Democrat Hillary Clinton could be getting millions of dollars from Republicans.

> The website says: “In conversations over the past month, GOP establishment donors have confided to the Hill that for the first time in recent memory, they find themselves contemplating not supporting a Republican nominee for president.”

http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/gop-establishment-to-back-hillary-if-trump-nominee/
>>
The definition of RINOs. I mean literally choosing to support democrats?

This is why the GOP is failing. The majority of them are scared and limp wristed. Regardless of what you think about Trump, the man has balls and says what he wants, unlike the majority of these fucks who are absolutely terrified of being labeled as racist, sexist, or any other ist, and do their best to kowtow to those who will call them as such anyway.
>>
>>3032
This is the biggest reason people like him.
>>
>>3061
Too bad Trump's next opponent is forecasted to be Ted Cruz... It's like the equivalent between chopped liver & filet-mignon.
>>
>>3032
>wnd
hilarious

It's interesting that the part of the GOP establishment who runs WND.com favors Trump. I guess they favor whoever is in the lead at the time.
>>
>>3076
> I guess they favor whoever is in the lead at the time.
That would explain Romney...
>>
this blatantly shows the democrats and republicans serve the same master
>>
>>3076
The neocons hate him, that's what matters to me:

The second reason I've come to loathe @realDonaldTrump: He's soiling the robe of conservatism and dragging it through the dust.

-- @BillKristol
>>
>>3091
Too bad Trump ACTUALLY IS soiling "the robe of" conservatism and making a mockery of it. Mixing it with Populism - another offense to me.
>>
old men.... running the world...
>>
>>3032
He's an insider threat to the Republican Party as an institution. He is a liability for individual donors that may fund whomever they please. It would seem that he's lost and will not regain his upward momentum in the polls; it would now make sense that he was unceremoniously "fired" or allowed to quit with dignity.
>>
If the GOP doesn't win this next election, it's almost certainly game over for the party. Also expect a lot of pissed of voters, assuming Trump maintains his big share of supporter by the generals.
>>
>>3114
Should young men do it?

When they've been in office long enough to function effectively and understand the system well - do we get rid of them?
Why back a young man, inherently inexperienced, over a proven old man?

running the world
>>
>>3114
.....and send the kids to fight the "wars".
>>
>>3032

>trump
>needing donations
>>
>>3138
>it's almost certainly game over for the party.
I disagree, I think it will be game over for the neocons currently in charge, but not for the party as a whole. The Tea Party has become the defacto 'other' party to usurp the GOP in all but name anyway vs democrats in a two party sysetm.
>>
>>3061
>not supporting Rand Paul
>not supporting the constitution
>supporting a neocon thats a dime a dozen
>>
>>3252
Randlets are so cute.
>>
>>3252
>people think Paul has any chance at all
>implying he's not in it just to suck up a few millions like his dad did and pocket it after the race
>>
The sooner establishment politics dies the better.
>>
What do you guys think the odds are of Trump either starting/forcing a fracturing of the GOP into the old-school republicans and the tea party?
>>
>>3061
this isnt about who has the biggest balls.
Its about geopolitics. Defending national interests and maintaining good relations with allies.

The president of the USA isnt about who can best rule the US. Its about who can best rule the world and defend the interests of the elite.

You see the strongest thing about the US is its foreign policy. It made it strong. Without a good foreign policy the US Dollar will get devalued by China and Russia.
Then the military and entire economy of the US will crumble.

Now you might say... Who gives a fuck?! Trump will bomb everyone to shit. Boots on the ground!
See thats why Hillary Clinton is better as president to serve the interest of the elite.
First of all Hillary is more popular with foreign countries. So this will instantly boost trust.
Also Hillary, like Obama knows that the best ways to fight war is to fund terrorists like ISIS to wage a proxy war, destabilize the country and then replace that government with a more pro-US alligned regime. The most important here is to pretend you serve the interests of the people so that they dont revolt. Trump has this going against him since basically everyone already knows he doesnt care much about the people. This is also the reason why Mitt Romney did not win.
Obama was in the public eye seen as a grassroots guy, (even tough his entire campaign was funded by the banks of america.)
This grassroots image made sure he was more popular with the muslims and left so he could start the drone wars without much resistance.

>Continues
>>
>>3272
So now in the end you might be wondering why is foreign policy so important?
Its quite simple really: Resources.
The US relies on cheap labor and metals from China and India, oil from the middle east, diamonds and gold from Africa, minerals from Pakistan, Afghanistan, and India, plant oil and exotic foods from South America and Oceania.

Its not really about freedom or human rights or the interests of foreign countries. Its about protecting resources.

Fun fact:
Largest exporter of weapons: USA
Largest importer of weapons: Saudi Arabia

Largest exporter of oil: Saudi Arabia
Largest importer of oil: USA

Also this. All presidents are merely sockpuppets that the elite can hide behind and dispose when things go wrong. (e.g. major civil unrest)
>>3090
>>
>>3271
It depends entirely on how hard the establishment plans to fight him. Either way, things are going to change.
>>
>>3272
Trump would be a great foreign relations president since everyone that's met him in person seems to have nothing but great things to say about him, and he already knows a ton of the heads of state from his business deals.

Contrast him with the charisma toilet that is Hillary Clinton and it's a clear choice. Also, Obama is horrible at foreign relations, so we have nowhere to go but up right now, and the world is clearly signalling that they want a strong American leader right now, which is Trump.

>The most important here is to pretend you serve the interests of the people so that they dont revolt. Trump has this going against him since basically everyone already knows he doesnt care much about the people

Literally what am I reading right now? 99% of Trump's policies are all about helping middle and lower class America, which is nearly the dictionary definition of "the people".
>>
>>3279
I don't Trump has much interest in foreign policy much less actually becoming president. If anything can be taken from the recent headlines he's been making, it's that he clearly values the publicity more than securing an actual nomination.
>>
>>3273
God bless the American Empire
>>
>>3061
This, the man might have some retarded ideas but he gets shit done. Like Putin, except.... Retarded. But Fuck it, I'll take retard Putin over Clinton any day
>>
>>3279
You dont get it do you?

>the world is clearly signalling that they want a strong American leader right now.
Its the complete opposite. The rest of the world is a slave to the USA.
Thats why China, Russia, Iran, Venezuala are literally trying to destroy the value of the dollar.

If the world needed a world leader wouldn't it be logical that all people in the world are able to choose that leader instead of just US citizens?
>>
Can't stump won't stump, everything you just described is music to my ears
>>
>>3249
The Tea Party is just a phase. This centuries Populist party, they'll fade out just like the others.
>>
>>3032

"You're Fired!" -Donald Trump addressing the GOP. lol
>>
>>3032
Republican party as we know it needs to die anyway. Its simply the more corporate, less welfare side of the same coin as the democratic party. Need a two party system tbh.
>>
>>3252
Rand Paul sold out. He backtracked on religious liberty and foreign intervention to try and court the mainstream GOP base. It failed, and now he has absolutely nothing.
>>
>>4195
He was destined to sell out and will never hold a candlestick to daddy...
>>
>>3252
>rand
>not being the knock off version of his dad
>implying rand shouldn't make a huge campaign to get his dad elected
The only man with balls of steel to have ever gone into congress and always kept the line. Guess why FOX News more than once fail to mention he was even running last time he was gaining trump numbers?
>>
>>4236
> Rand Paul
> ever having Trump numbers this election
Hardly.
>>
>>4240
>having this level of reading comprehension
I know the liberal left have a tendency to only read what suits what they are already thinking but jesus christ, nigga.
>>
2016 will be Rubio v Clinton
>>
This is old news. There is so little earnest loyalty to the Republican party that, if this were to happen, the Republican party would cease to exist.
>>
>>3280
90% of foreign policy is just getting along with people and not capitulating to their bullshit, dude. That's basically been his job for 50 years, and he's one of the most successful guys in the world at just that.
>>
>>4236
>FOX News more than once fail to mention he was even running last time he was gaining trump numbers?
I think this is where a lot of Trump's support comes from tbh. I assume a lot of Paul supporters felt really burned by the GOP, so they're now backing the guy that nobody can ignore, because fuck you.
>>
>>4290
Why should you be loyal to a party rather than a political ideal?
Parties can change. Sticking with a doctrine that doesn't fit you is just dumb.
>>
>>3272
>>3273

great post
>>
>>4299
It's absolutely the right thing to do, and that's another reason the Republicans should be afraid. Trump is either going to destroy them or recreate them, only cucks or actually-evil neocons have any kinship with the Republican party. The silent majority no longer respect the Party, and the big money of the Republican party think they can do what they want despite that. They have to be proven wrong.
>>
>>3061
>blindly voting along party lines
yeah that's the smart way to do it
>>
I just can't support any group that gives no fucks about the whole of the Constitution. I just can't. It is the core of the country besides capitalism.
>>
>>4356
The whole "it's a 200 year old document, it's 2015, for goddess sakes" idiots make my blood boil.
>>
>>4373
Sweet Jesus, this.
>>
>>4373
>Amendments are not set in stone, we already removed one. :^)
>>
>>4457
16, 19 and 26 wouldn't be missed.
>>
>>3032
Trump was never gonna be the Republican nominee, no matter how many pew polls he wins. He's gonna get out primaried by the career politicians like Rubio or walker. There's no way establishment republicans look at guys like that with political and in some cases executive experience and then look at trump and say "I'll take a chance with this guy with no political background". Trump is just a tea party candidate.
>>
>>4483
Rubio is a nobody that tried to push amnesty on the country harder than nearly anyone. He's not going anywhere, and there's nobody else even somewhat plausible to rally behind.

Trump already won, and he doesn't even have any weaknesses anymore thanks to Paris.
>>
>>4486
Feel free to gloat if he wins the primary. I've seen this particular movie before, and I'm pretty sure I know how it ends.

Trump has no hope of winning the general election, he's much too polarizing. Whoever pulls the strings in the Republican party should recognize that and back another, more moderate and experienced horse. If they don't, the Republicans lose the general election guaranteed.
>>
>>4488
Trump can easily win the general because his base not only consists of the same people that didn't come out to vote last time, but also the main base of the Democrats: blue collar workers.

He just has to push a few percentage of them to vote for him and he wins, and don't get me started on the black or the youth vote, because if you think either of those groups are showing up to champion Hillary like they did Obama then I have a bridge to sell you.
>>
>>3064
If Rand Paul wasn't such an idiot on gay marriage and abortion, I would be happy with Rand, but holy shit Cruz looking good by comparison to anyone is not a good thing.

>>3081
I'd rather vote for Romney than these people. At least I know he's really a political moderate BSing his conservative credentials.
>>
>>4488
As a democrat... Trump, or anyone, could beat Hillary. She's pushing feminism way too hard and doesn't realize that even a lot of Democrats are against it. She's pushing males away more than she's attracting women. A lot of Republicans and moderates hate Trump... But at least as many Democrats hate Clinton. Every week she says something that pushes male voters further and further away. I don't want trump to be president but even as a liberal I'm sick of feminism and Clinton's sexist attitude. I probably won't vote for either, if ever there were a year for a third party to make waves this would be it
>>
>>4694
BERNIEEEEEE
>>
>>4694
Why bother getting a 3rd party going in the 11th hour when you can just hijack one of the established parties like Trump is doing.

Seems to be working out pretty well.
>>
>>6079
Because having only 2 options is really not a good thing for a democracy. You are basically always voting for the lesser evil rather than what you really want. The two parties have also made America believe that there are basically only two political directions, conservative and liberal.
>>
>>6082
Political parties in general are cancer, but good luck clearing up that logjam
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.