[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
news sites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 0
Hi i'm in the UK. I came across this stie that pulls twitter feeds off all the major UK newspapers. It's fairly new so there's not much content on it. Does anyone know of any other websites simular to this with more content. want to do some research http://twittileaks.co.uk/
>>
Nice idea but seems quite confusing. You have to navigate through multiple links to see the tweets. And there's no links to actual tweets.
>>
yeah from what I understand the site is new. Was hoping that there were other sites like this that have more data and links. Do you know of any or am I going to have to wait for this site to become more established?
>>
>>29951
http://newsmap.jp/
>>
>>29951
do you know about SPIDR?
>>
>>29952
Thanks for the website. Definitely more content. Sadly it doesn't focus on particular newspapers on a subject over time. I want to see if any papers have an agenda or bias. If news map has that function would be very grateful if you could point it out.
>>
>>29953
no I very new to this sort of new collection thing, what's spidr?
>>
>>29957
http://spidr.today/

don't spread this around, it's only for /news/
>>
>>29971
brb posting this on reddit
>>
>>29971
>Telling newfags about SPIDR
DON'T DO THIS
>>
>>30081
I honestly don't want any trouble. I was merely just asking about news sites. Clearly there something here that's going over my head as I'm under the impression that news websites like loads of hits, however, I'm happy to keep it over my head. I've heard stories about getting on the wrong side of 4chan and I don't want to anger anyone. I promise I won't tell anybody else. Thanks to the posters for being helpful. I will continue searching. I've been learning how to program for a year now and am practicing web scraping. I thought I'd practice on news websites (again won't practice anything on spidr).
>>
>>30101
Thanks, brother.
>>
>>30110
No worries. If you know of any projects interesting sites that would make interesting programming practice/development let me know
>>
>>29971
>>30081
Friends, it's ok to share SPIDR. Bandwidth limit is not an issue for now.
>>
>>30162
THE KING OF /news/ HAS ARRIVED!
>>
>>30162
Hey man i just wanna say that SPIDR is the best homepage i've had.
Cheers.
>>
>>30162
ALL HAIL KING SPIDR!
し(*・∀・)/\(・∀・*)ノ
LONG LIVE THE KING!
>>
>>30162
SPIDRman, - SPIDRman
He does whatever - a SPIDR can
>>
>>30343
SPIDRman, - SPIDRman
Does whatever - a newsman can
Surfs the web - everyday
Posts stories, - never lies
Look out! - Here comes the SPIDRman

Is he smart? - Listen, bud
He's got reporter's blood
Can he post - in a thread?
Take a look - overhead
Hey there! - There goes the SPIDRman

In the comf of night, - at the paper's site
Like a streak of light
He posts - just in time!

SPIDRman, - SPIDRman
Friendly board - SPIDRman
Wealth and fame? - He's ignored
Happy Anons are his reward
Look out! There goes the SPIDRman

Can I get a (you)?
>>
>>30397
>>30397
>>30397
>>30397
>>
>when a board isn't an autistic hell hole

Nice.
>>
>>30413
>10 posters
>>
>>30413
Well /pol/ still shows up so its not perfect
>>
>>30210
Glad to hear that, thanks.
>>30397
Amazing, here's another (You).
>>
>>30427
Thank you, SPIDRman-chan~
>>
>>30101
Look here, despite what your favorite SJW news source tells you, 4chan isn't an anonymous hacker network or anything remotely close to it. We're just a bunch of lonely fat virgins who get off to animated oriental maidens. If you do manage to piss 'us' off, the worst thing you're going to get is a couple of replies calling you a smelly nigger.

If you want to scrape SPIDR and don't take up too much bandwidth or do something retarded like post about it on your facebook, you can just ask. I doubt anyone would have a problem with it.
>>
>>29971
>>30427
>>
>>34592
What's the sorting method? traffic?
Sorry for the double post.
>>
>>34593
You can sort the page either by date or by group count. Articles themselves are grouped by textual similarity, no traffic is analyzed.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.