[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Suicidal Deer' Crossing Sign Causing Stir in Iowa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: suicidal-deer-sign.jpg (165 KB, 1155x648) Image search: [Google]
suicidal-deer-sign.jpg
165 KB, 1155x648
>St. Ansgar, IA (KIMT) - If you drive a car, chances are you've seen signs for deer crossings. But there are new signs in northern Iowa that are creating a controversy.
>The sign clearly has a silhouette of a jumping deer with the words "suicidal deer."
>Sally Hertel lives near the sign, and says there's a need to warn drivers to be on the lookout.
>But she believes the wording of this particular signs crosses a line.
>"Suicide? That makes it look like a joke. I myself have never had anybody close to me decide to take their own life, but I've had a lot of friends and other people who have, and I know it's a very sensitive subject. I think it's kind of a mockery."
>The Mitchell County Board of Supervisors approved the sign, and say causing controversy was not the intention.
>"We happen to see one that was put up in Illinois and we thought it might be an effective way to remind people that there are a lot of deer in the area," says Stan Walk , the county supervisor.

http://www.wltx.com/features/suicidal-deer-crossing-sign-causing-stir-in-iowa/82382170
>>
We can't diagnose the deer from afar... More like Bipolar Deer because one minute they go from jumping around happily to frozen stiff!
>>
Welcome to the death of comedy. Brought to you by SJWs.
>>
>tfw if you commit suicide as a deer, it's automatically a joke because of people being retarded
What a hard life they must live.
>>
Deer will literally wait on the edge of the road and JUMP OUT into oncoming traffic when they see a car get close enough. Deer are fucking stupid.
>>
Why do we give these stupid people the time of day?
>>
>>29641
>I myself have never had anybody close to me decide to take their own life

Holy shit then why even complain about it? Like fucking hell, she has literally no reason to complain besides "muh feelings".

I may not be everybody, but have major depression, and I am deathly afraid of being so weak willed that one day I'll off myself. Thus, I think my thoughts and opinions about suicide are more important than hers, and I say that sign is absolutely fucking hilarious.
>>
>>29959
In Colorado where I live a bunch of white faggots want to end every Native American name as a mascot period. Not just redskins, but Chiefs, Utes, Navajo, etc.

This backfired on them when actual tribes came out and claimed that this was an agenda by the SJWs to wipe out an acknowledgement of Native people further from history. And they also asked why the group didn't feel the same about the Vikings or Trojans or Patriots.

That shut them up real quick. Not a peep since.
>>
>>29969
Heh. I don't recall seeing that part of the story covered in the MSM, but then I live on the east coast, and they wouldn't have covered the follow-up, especially if it involved the SJW's getting verbally bitch slapped.
>>
one of.my best buddies committed high school in suicide, and i can confirm this sign is funny as shit and not offensive.
>>
>>30051
Hey everyone, it's me, that guy who experienced something once! Now I'm the voice for everyone!
>>
>>30052
>>30052
Isn't that what the people complaining are doing but for the opposite side?
>>
We need to remove signs that warn of dead ends, as some people are dead and it might be offensive to them.
>>
>>30118
Frankly, I think we need to remove all warning signs. They are offensive because

1) They imply that being injured is a bad thing - some of my best friends are injured and you should all stop being so ablist,
2) For some people who may have been injured in the past, being reminded of the dangers of the world might trigger unwanted flashbacks,
3) Most warning signs use colors to convey warnings (which discriminates against what I think colorblind people are), or text (which discriminates against the illiterate) and pictures (which assume specific cultural backgrounds on the part of the viewers, and are thus racist).
>>
>>29641
I tried doing my self in 1.5 grams of vyvanse and 1.2 of lexapro didn't work out although worst fucking hallucinations of my life. Yet I am not but hurt about this sign I actually enjoy the humor behind it if you can't laugh at death what is the point of living if we cannot find humor in tragedy why live. If we can only think "propper thoughts" so sanitized by thought police why be an individual why exist , when all we have to do is be mindless my controlled we do not need minds to be slaves.
>>
>>29641
>Sally Hertel
Always a fucking woman has to bitch about the most meaningless and stupid shit possible, giving them the right to vote was a mistake and you all know it
>>
>>30203
I came in here to say that I was not surprised that it was a woman bitching and moaning about something so trivial.
I'm happy to see you already covered it.
>>
>>29705
Traffic signs really aren't the place to defend "comedy".
>>
I have tried to end my life numerous times (and succeeded once) and I can confirm that this is, indeed, humorous.
>>
>>30818
Then how are you still posting from beyond the grave ghost-senpai?

Or was it one of those "clinically dead for a couple minutes' deals?
>>
>>29641
She's right, it does look like a joke. If the deer are a serious issue there then it should just be a regular deer crossing sign.
>>
>>29717
this
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.