[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the royal family still relevant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 0
Princess Charlotte: Kensington Palace releases new photos - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34957390

Why is the royal family still important? Its a baby. It shits itself, cries, and sleeps all day like every other baby in the world. Why do some people still care?
>>
>>2936

reported to GCHQ
>>
Cuz people follow shitty traditions w/o thinking about why they are doing it
Cudos to every tradition/culture/religion out there that doesn't stop and think about what they are doing and why.
>>
>>2936
I'm English and literally only just find out they had another kid. I'm hugely opposed to that antiquated institution.
>>
Inherited tradition I guess. Can't say I care for the monarchy too much but I don't exactly want to get rid of them either. A living reminder of the continuity of history and culture from hundreds of years ago to today I think is a good thing. A piece of living history.
>>
I guess they generate a lot of tourism from us Americans. We abolished the concept of royalty, so it's very quaint to see a real live queen and princesses living in a real castle.
>>
>>2936
Why do people watch football?
>>
>>2936
Americans have a fetish for the monarchy.
>>
Because the UK is fucking boring.
>>
>>2936
They make the UK more money than they get so it is worth keeping them around for that. They are also tourism magnets.
>>
Generates a fuckton of tourism.
>>
>>2936
>not wanting to fuck the royal baby
what the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>2936
cause they get a say in the house of the lords for what i remember about the shitty UK legislation system
>>
>>3233
Its fun to watch people who are 235 lbs slam into each other and get injured.
>>
>>2936
>Why do some people still care?
I don't know why they care, I guess people like celebrity families.

in practical terms though, the monarchy still technically holds all the power and the government uses that power. Getting rid of the monarchy would be complicated because we'd need to decide what republican system to change to. The monarchy doesn't do much anyway, so getting rid of them would be more trouble than it's worth.

Personally I don't mind either way if they stay around.
>>
>>3248
>bbc

topcuck, palarino
>>
>>3625
Esplain
>>
>>2936
Because the English have nothing else to be proud about .
>>
>>2936
>Why is the royal family still important?

It's not. They're basically celebrities at this point. So irrelevant it's not even worth dismantling them.
>>
>>2942
>tourism dosh
>monarchy does an excellent job in its constitutional role, better than elected equivalents in other countries
>important piece our history, symbol of how we're not rampaging chimps who resort to bloody revolutions when they want more power in the hands of the peopel
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.