[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
China is racing to make the 2020 launch window to Mars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0
http://gbtimes.com/china/china-racing-make-2020-launch-window-mars

Nasa’s Mars 2020 mission may well have company along the way, with teams in China working urgently to ready their first independent mission to the Red Planet.

“We are aiming to use the launch window of 2020,” says Dr Wu Ji, director-general of the National Space Science Centre (NSSC) in Beijing. “If we miss that window, it will be 2022. So it is quite urgent.”
>>
Hopefully this will encourage the west to up their space programs

But imagine the shitstorm if it is the Chinese who discover life outside earth. It would be a huge hit to western supremacy in science. The butthurt will be 100x times what it was with sputnik.
>>
>>25351
I hope someone finds life

HYUK HYUK
>>
>>25352
Aliens are just waiting for us to find them.
Then they will introduce us to the intergalactic community.
Think mass effect.
>>
They didn't have too much success with their lunar rover, shouldn't they work on refining that before landing like the eighth or ninth probe on the surface of mars?
>>
>>25356
Watch LoGH, fucking nerd.
>>
>>25373
>Fucking nerd
>watching anime

You trying to fool me?
>>
>>25351
> It would be a huge hit to western supremacy in science.

They could do what they did with Apollo and just fake it.
>>
>China is racing
>racing
A new Challenger appears
>>
>>25351
>>asking the US government to spend on shit thats now in the private sector.
>>
>>25350
>quite urgent
>2020 vs 2022

Oh goodness no, how would they ever be able to wait 6 years versus 4.
>>
>>25524
To be honest I didn't even know the launch window was that small... I thought it was 8 years if you missed Mars the first time?!
>>
>>25351
China would likely wipe out the lifeform, because they think it's horn/scales/whatever will cure impotence.
>>
inb4 disaster

The Soviets and Americans, who also raced, suffered many casualties and enormous financial and material losses along the way. Take your time China.
>>
>>25351
>implying the U.S. Government hasn't already discovered life
>>
>>25350
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Gg9CqhbP8
>>
>>25595
>implying your mom didn't discover life inside her this morning after I fucked her last night
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.