[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
L.A. County spends more than $233,000 a year to hold each youth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
http://www.latimes.com/local/countygovernment/la-me-probation-sticker-shock-20160223-story.html
>>
>just use capital punishment desu
>>
Would you rather that money be spent teaching them crime is bad?
>>
>>25292
Food housing and education combined don't cost that much
This is a maximum security tier budget for some kids come on now
>muh pot and non violent crimes are bad
> do the crime do the time but don't raise my taxes either
>>
So much... Just so much...
That's a wealthy family's salary just to one kid. I wondered why we see such extreme cases of entitlement. It's because the majority(CA) publicly supports it even though the actions are detrimental to everyone. Money wasted, few if any problems solved, I consider myself left but damn... I haven't left my brain behind.

The average inmate gets only 31K spent on him. A child is not worth seven times the 18+ year old in prison.
>>
And only there for having an ounce of pot
>>
>>25312
If you're a repubtard Reagan voter, you'd probably be ok with that money being spent as long as it goes to security and torture and being "tough on crime"
>>
>>25343
What does the possibility of me being a right voter have anything to do with me being a left progressive? I even said I was left.

I'm pointing out the monetary disparity of what we spend on people in prison based on their age and that kids under 18 years of age get spoiled brat amounts of wealth thrown at them.

Let alone that, they shouldn't even be in prison to start with. They are kids for fucks sake.

Hold on, let me make a baseless assumption about you. You are stupid and can't read, oh wait that isn't baseless... Hold on a sec, I'll get this right!

You are a Pot smoking Hippie wannabe millionaire. That seems baseless enough.
>>
>>25346
I'd worry that the kids don't feel the money is to their benefit. Silly kids
>>
>>25289
>just use capital punishment it is?
>>
Maybe 30k is spent on clothing, food, supervision and the facility. The other 200k is embezzled.
>>
>>25281

This is why you should rehabilitate criminals, I know conservatives hate criminals and just want to punish them, but one thing they should love even more than punishment, is money. Invest a tiny bit into rehabilitation, and they won't return to become criminals and cost taxpayers even more money. Or just give single moms an extra $1000 a month welfare money, if the kid doesn't live in poverty they might not become a criminal. $1000 x 1 month, for 20 years = $240,000, so 20 years of welfare money equals one year of prison. Being raised without a dad is basically like having aids.

Just test it on a handful of mothers in poverty.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.