[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Friday sales fall 10% from last year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 3500.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1153) Image search: [Google]
3500.jpg
678 KB, 1920x1153
>Total sales in the US on Black Friday fell 10% to $10.4bn this year, down from $11.6bn in 2014, according to research firm ShopperTrak.

>The decline in sales on the traditional busiest shopping day of the year has been blamed on shops opening the day before. But this year, sales on Thanksgiving also dropped, and by the same percentage, to $1.8bn.

>A big reason for the decline is increased online shopping, as Americans hunt down deals on their smartphones, tablets and computers. Many retailers are also offering bargains long before Thanksgiving, limiting the impact of Black Friday specials.

>Online retailers have been bombarding customers with email discounts and bargains for weeks. Online sales jumped 14.3% on Friday compared with last year, according to Adobe, which tracked activity on 4,500 retail websites. Email promotions drove 25% more sales compared with 2014, the company said.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/nov/28/black-friday-sales-fall
>>
It doesn't matter if the profits are on Black Friday, the week before, or the day after.
The golden quarter will always be golden.
>>
Can't wait until the Black Friday meme dies. I have never participated in it and I never will.
>>
I love how they make excuses. They'll say anything except "Sales sucked ass and we fabricated statistics here to preserve investor confidence because we're snake motherfuckers and the truth is that 65% of the nation is poor as shit because every corporation is finding ways to moneygrab and bleed the nation dry and we pay our own workers as little as humanly possible and we're dumb because expect them to have money to spend during the holiday season and pleasedisregardthatthisistheworstrunonsentenceyouhaveeverseenandseeyounextyearhopefully. "
>>
>>2441
ok
>>
I work retail and I never understood why people were punished or rewarded for making sales when that day's sales records are almost entirely random. The best the employees can do is keep the store clean and organized while providing solid customer service, which should be done regardless of whether or not sales are being met.
>>
>>2437
Can OP post pictures?
>>
>>2437
Thank god we don't HAVE to deal with this shit anymore
>>
>>2437
That's cuz the economy is doing super well. Thanks Obama
>>
>>2437
Foreigners still love it. I didn't do any sort of study, but it was abundantly clear who was doing the buying in brick and mortar places around here.
>>
>>2437
I really think they should stop calling it Black Friday.
Lots of people take advantage of reduced prices, not just African Americans.
>>
>>2574
Stop blaming Bush's failure's on Obama just because he's mixed-race, anon.
>>
>>2437

stop calling it [trigger warning] "black" [/trigger warning] friday, you racist shitlord, it's 2015 ffs
>>
"Black Friday" is a racist name

I wish they would change it but until then could we stop using in here on 4chan. Thanks
>>
You'd have to be a retard to actually go out on Black Friday.
Shit goes on sale all the time, why race against a thousand other people for a slight deal?
>>
>>2664
why do stormies get so upset whenever "racism" isn't allowed? they just start roleplaying caricatures of their perceived ideological opponents
>>
>>2726
He has a point, anon. It *is* culturally insensitive.
>>
>>2523
This.
>>
>>2437
I don't think we can totally blame it on online shopping until those numbers get out.

I think the drop in shopping this year can also be attributed to the ISIS terror threats. People are more afraid of being in overcrowded shopping malls. I also think that Americans are becoming much more weary of the economy and consumer confidence is down.
>>
>>1
>>
>>2726
No one is allowed to use satire to make a point... Fucking retard.
>>
Muricans will still get their dollar-off tvs
>>
People are finally realizing that it's not worth waiting 3 hours in like and then having a van full of screaming kids back into your car for a 20% off on a laptop you probably didn't want anyway.
>>
>>2437

There's still cyber monday sales as well
>>
>>2437
Thats because 10% of shoppers are dead from last year
>>
Online shopping has become a massive success. I can see even the most lowest-common-denominator shoppers forgoing physical stores on Black Friday in the near future, spurred on by ever-increasing online convenience and possibly increased social media and regular media backlash against it.
>>
Stop this racism. For real y'all
>>
>>2524
If you ever worked in claims or distribution you would know that's bullshit. I work in price management and I can tell you popular retailers barely mark up enough to keep the lights on. Some of the big names understock their maintenance crews (toilet paper, paper towels, etc.) just to meet the standards for "not underperforming."

What people aren't considering when they complain that McDonald's employees need to be paid more is that these folks who "can't make ends meet" buy shit they know they can't afford. They pass over the flip phone with minutes for the samsung lge 24k ogga booga smart sheet with unlimited mobile data usage etc. They don't consider that their station in life is befitting a bus passenger rather than a Cadillac owner. They go out on weekends and buy overpriced beer, eat out at restaurants, go on trips/cruises/flights, submit to impulse purchases, and no shortage of other luxuries. They can afford the basic rent, internet, phone, and transportation costs. BUT. They know someone like Bernie will come along and reward their irresponsible lifestyle if they keep on truckin' and save enough time on the side to bitch about it publicly.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.