[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UK’s Draconian GCHQ Given Unimpeachable Powers To Hack, Track
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: gchq_banner[1].jpg (112 KB, 620x437) Image search: [Google]
gchq_banner[1].jpg
112 KB, 620x437
http://hothardware.com/news/uks-draconian-gchq-given-unimpeachable-powers-to-legally-hack-track-and-steal-from-citizens

>If you thought that United States intelligence and law enforcement agencies around the country were incredibly adamant about spying on its citizens (going to extreme lengths to do so), you haven’t seen anything yet. Across the pond, the Campaigners Privacy International filed a formal complaint against the UK’s GCHQ, levying claims that the agency’s efforts to hack the devices of ordinary citizens was unlawful.

>However, not only did the GCHQ acknowledge that it was involved in a widespread hacking campaign (reversing previous denials on the matter), but the Investigatory Powers Tribunal (IPT) actually condoned the actions, which it calls Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), and deemed them lawful. As the BBC notes, the GCHQ is given full authority to “remotely activate cameras and microphones on devices, without the owner's knowledge, log keystrokes, install malware, copy documents and track locations.”

>The tribunal further justifies the GCHQ’s actions, writing:

>"[There is a need for] balance to be drawn between the urgent need of the Intelligence Agencies to safeguard the public and the protection of an individual’s privacy and/or freedom of expression. We are satisfied that with the new E I Code, and whatever the outcome of Parliamentary consideration of the IP Bill, a proper balance is being struck in regard to the matters we have been asked to consider. "

>For its part, British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond applauded the ruling, stating, "The ability to exploit computer networks plays a crucial part in our ability to protect the British public.

>>
my dad used to work here, getting increasingly worried about what his job really was
>>
Man i feel sorry for the brits. This opens up the flood gates on them.
>>
I have nothing to hide so why would the government spying on terrorists and pedophiles bother me?
>>
My house is in that picture, that's how close to GCHQ I live.

I'm already being 100% listened to anyway.
>>
>>23015
Nice field.
>>
fuck the spooks
>>
>>22994
First they came for the terrorists...
>>
>>23015
Lol they don't even need devices to spy on you
>>
>>23129
Mind wave powers?!?
>>
>>22994
Except for that part where neither of those are being stopped by the British government. So they are likely stealing patents or selling information to businesses.
>>
>>23128
Then they came for the methheads. They told is it made us safer. Then they started coming after the people who criticized the government. By the time we had realized what was happening it was too late. Everybody was forced to turn in their guns... there were some shootouts with the cops but a serious resistance was nonexistent. Now you have to obey every law or you will wind up in prison. If you speed in your car, the government will use your GPS to fine you. If you try to protest you will be executed.
>>
>>22954
good, security is necessary against terror threat
>>
>>22994
Fun fact: members of parliment are excluded from the spying

This implies they are pedophiles with something to hide
>>
>>23015
Jesus thats actually horrifying to know, you need to move..........continent also if there spying at you then were being spied on right now, creepy to think about.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.