[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Millionaires Are Qualifying for Medicaid Under Obamacare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1426024772375.jpg (94 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
1426024772375.jpg
94 KB, 780x585
Millionaires living in states that expanded Medicaid are benefiting from government-sponsored health insurance, and taxpayers are footing the bill for it.

In states that expanded Medicaid, people with high net worths and low monthly incomes qualify for Medicaid because of loosened eligibility requirements implemented under Obamacare. And in rural states like Iowa, Americans whom many would consider wealthy are taking advantage of this “loophole” and enrolling in coverage paid for by taxpayers.

Jesse Patton, an insurance broker living in Iowa, has had clients with net worths ranging from $2 million to $5 million, which often stem from farmland or assets from divorce settlements. And those clients, he said, are enrolled in Medicaid in expansion states like Iowa.

“It was designed to help the lower-income population,” Patton told the Daily Signal of Medicaid. “But without the asset test, there are folks that have the financial means and assets there that are good at figuring out how to work the system and capture a benefit they’re entitled to.”Sign Up

Under the Affordable Care Act, states that opted to expand Medicaid did away with an asset test, which was previously used to determine eligibility in regular Medicaid. To qualify for the program, the government considered a combination of income and net worth.

Now, under the law, eligibility in states that did and did not expand Medicaid is linked solely to modified adjusted gross income, keeping it in line with the tax code.

“This was a move to standardize as much as possible, so you’re bringing in more people, but you’re not complicating the system to where you can’t figure it out,” Joy Wilson, director of health and human services policy at the National Conference of State Legislatures, told the Daily Signal.

http://www.nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/revealed-millionaires-are-qualifying-medicaid-under-15181
>>
>>22741
The point is for every citizen to be covered. I don't see the problem here. Like it or not we will be dragged kicking and screaming into the pantheon of civilized nations with universal health coverage.

Not going to click on Bill Kristol's dad's old blog either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_National_Interest
>>
>>22759
>Millionaires can't afford their own health insurance
The rich are literally destroying the species and the Earth. They'll be the end of us all.
>>
>>22799
You seem to have millionaires confused with the poor, Anon...
>>
You are always going to have those people looking for government handouts. Are you really surprised it's the rich? They are rich for a reason.

But, spite aside, Isn't this what the health care plan is supposed to do? Insure people at a lower rate? I really do not have a problem with people getting health care coverage, even if they can pay more that doesn't mean they want to. You really can't blame people for being rational agents, it's in our nature and what is reinforced by society.
>>
Meanwhile I live in a state that didn't expand medicaid so I'm too poor to qualify for subsidized healthcare.

Fucking lol.
>>
>>22741
You act like they're not paying a higher tax rate for the same service. I thought everyone having healthcare was a good thing? Why discriminate against them for their pre-existing condition of richness?
>>
>>22874
You take those facts and just get right on outta here.
None of that. You hate rich people because they are different and you like it.
>>
>>22741
So let e get this straight. They want to tax the rich into the fucking ground so the government can have their little medicare pet project running but the rich are not allowed to be covered by medicare? And people are perfectly fine with this?
>>
>>22931
People and OP dont WANT the rich to be covered. But theyre dumb as fuck. Millionaires pay most of their coverage.
>>
>>22931
I can already see that result as having the rich paying for low demand, high quality, expensive health services while the rest of the country gets the generic high demand coverage.
>>
>>22810
Whats the difference they're both cancer.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.