[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zimbabwe needs money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: zimbabwe.jpg (50 KB, 736x504) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe.jpg
50 KB, 736x504
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/zimbabwe-pleads-1-5bn-food-aid-prevent-mass-starvation-1542917

>Zimbabwe is seeking $1.5bn (£1bn) in food aid to avoid mass starvation in the country. As the drought worsens, nearly a quarter of the population in the landlocked southern African nation face the risk of starving to death.

From the country once known as the breadbasket of Africa
>>
Tis a shame.
But you made the bed.
Time to lie in it.
>>
No regional help at this rate.
>>
>>22400
After what they did to proud Rhodesians, I hope they all die slowly and painfully. Not a single cent should be given to them. On the contrary, they owe reparations to displaced Rhodesians.

Reparations which should take the form of the ownership of the land, and the negroes living on it.
>>
>>22400
Will apartheid never end?!
Even after the white man leaves they are keeping the black man down
>>
This isnt news, they've always starved to death
>>
Good riddance
>>
>>22408
>>>/k/ my brother
>>
Why don't they just print some?
>>
>>22400
I don't want these guys to die, it's not their own fault that there's a drought. You guys are being edgy for the sake of it. We should try to help them out until the drought ends, then ask for the pay back. Otherwise, we'll just get hundreds of Zimbabweans migrating to Europe, with half of the others dying.
>>
>>22465
>drought

These niggers killed and kicked out all of the white farmers because they cried racism and the whole world cheered them on. Life was the best it had ever been there, and they didn't want it because it wasn't of their own creation.

Iirc, Israel was one of the only countries that would vouch for the Boers. Literally every other country that cared to have an opinion on the matter was influenced by bleeding heart liberals.

It is their fault. The man who wanted it done is still in control. They deserve to starve to death for their sins.
>>
I unironically hate charity.
>>
>>22465
>it's not their own fault that there's a drought. You guys are being edgy for the sake of it.
they literally either killed or exiled all of the white farmers, a.k.a the only people who knew what they were doing, simply because they were white.
Now they're reaping what they've sown
>Otherwise, we'll just get hundreds of Zimbabweans migrating to Europe
Yeah I'm sure they'll manage to get across the second biggest continent and the world's biggest desert
>with half of the others dying
Good
>>
>>22465
>population goes down
>less mouths to feed
>eventually it ends, or the land gets new owners that can manage things

It's win-win
>>
>>22473
i would like to hear that if you were born in zimbabwe
>>
>>22470
>>22474
>>22480
I didn't know that, I apologize.
Still, most of them certainly weren't involved and don't deserve death. Maybe if they live long enough to, they'll beg for the men that they kicked out to come back, or educate their own farmers to do better.
>>
>>22408
You mean what they did to white people.
>>
>>22422
Apartheid? Lol.
The white man gave rhodesia life - when they were chased away everything went to shit. Apartheid was only in south africa and was the saving grace of this place.
>>
this is what happens when you pander to the poor and give them all tiny plots of land in which to subsist.

crappy uncentralized uncoordinated farming done by bunfuck hicks that don't know wtf they're doing.

Of course they're starving.

They should fuck off and learn how to factory farm.
>>
This is entirely their fault, Zimbabwe doesn't deserve anything
>>
>>22560
UN feels otherwise.
>>
>>22578
>UN feels
[DEEPLY CONCERNED INTENSIFIES]

also
>>Zimbabwe is seeking $1.5bn (£1bn) in food aid to avoid mass starvation

And this is relevant to anyone in the real world because?
>>
>>22481
He's right tho. Charity is a bad way of helping people. It only exists because of rich guilt.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish a you feed him for a lifetime
>>
>>22544
Zimbabwe...
used to EXPORT food

new government comes in

seizes all land from white farmers, aka ALL the farmers

give it to the presidents political allies,

They SELL all the modern farm equipment, cause fuck if they are going to use it anyway

Now they have enough money to move somewhere much nicer.

Elections have consequences
>>
>>22611
Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life
>>
Oh vey
>>
>>22465
>We should try to help them out
Who should? Why?

>then ask for the pay back
lol, you honestly think a nation that issues 100-trillion dollar bills will ever pay its debts back?
>>
>>22638
Wait.
We expecting them to pay back?
Thought this was charity.
>>
>>22639
The hope is to spur them into thinking in the long-term. E.g. actually using the seeds we give them for farming, instead of eating/selling them.

Of course historically this has rarely ever occurred.
>>
>>22641
Handing them a bunch of money isn't encouraging anything.
Im starting to think the people giving the money are too blame.
>>
>>22638
Who's on their 100 trillion dollar bills?!
>>
>>22665
Some rocks kek
>>
Fuck Robert Mugabe. Hail New Rhodesia.
>>
>>22483
He has already begged for the farmers to return. It's not happening
>>
>>22668
Putting rocks on Zimbabwe bills is an insult to the value of rocks
>>
>>22616
stop bringing rACE INTO THIS ASSHOLE
>>
>>22400
They must go through this crucible to adapt and survive (evolve). The northern hemisphere societies strove through the ice age and that's why they're as inventive and advanced as they are. To give them aid is to stunt nature, to stunt their growth and the advancement of humankind as a whole.

I want to be sympathetic, but its unscientific. We do more harm in the long run by continually shovelling aid to them. The ones unfit to survive must die off, so that they don't continue to produce offspring that are unable to survive. While the ones fit to survive, that are crafty enough, reproduce more intelligent offspring. That's how nature works. Let nature work.
>>
>>22408
>After what they did to proud Rhodesians,
lol
>>
>the amount of edge in this thread
>>
>>22876
> stupid obese, entitled amerifag is more worthy of survivng then the descendents of survivors of nature catastrophes, diseases, wars and economical and agricultural crises.

fuck off dude.
>>
It's how the country is run. I'm sorry Robert Mugabe spends stupid amounts on himself and his cronies and leaves his people in the gutter and South Africa is heading the same way. The place is run by ex freedom fighters, now that they have their freedom they don't know what to do with it
>>
Nintendo 64 emulation
>>
>>22400
GAZPACHO
>>
>>22938
There's is only one measurement for the value of any culture/society/value system.

Survival,
It doesn't matter how just, fair, or enlightened your people are. If you don't
survive whats the point?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.