[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pride flag found burned on a flagpole at B.C. university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/10/pride-flag-found-burned-on-a-flagpole-at-bc-university

>VANCOUVER -- The University of British Columbia is speaking out after a rainbow Pride flag raised for the school's annual OUTWeek was found burned on the flagpole.

>In a statement released Tuesday, the university condemned the incident as an act of hate that violated the school's deeply held values of equity, inclusion and respect.

>OUTWeek is a yearly celebration of gender and sexual diversity organized by the UBC Pride Collective, which launched last Friday.
>>
lol didn't even bother to take it off the flagpole
>>
>>22367
Probably a false flag.
>>
This is what happens when you turn flagpole into fagpole.
>>
>>22396
I think it is.
>>
>>22396
>>22453
Why would this be a false flag? Unless it's just the pun, this seems like a pretty straightforward hate crime/vandalism thing.
>>
>>22550
because """hatecrimes""" make it so the opposition has no argument
>>
>>22568

Do they really have one though?
>>
>>22367

UBC student here. I am a straight, half white, cis gendered male, from an upper middle class family that lives in Vancouver, and I am telling you with absolute 100% honesty, I truly don't give a shit. UBC is populated with fucking moronic oversensitive idiots and scream about patriarchy and safe space when someone challenges their views with facts.
>>
>>22600
>half white
>Vancouver
JUST
>>
>>22601

It's cool at least I have the race card I can pull when arguing with the stupid fucking "progressives" your stupid white neo liberal cuckold brothers voted in.

Picture related, stupid neo liberal cunts who have sold out the province so everyday normal people can't buy a house that isn't shit

Everyday I ask myself, why is the province such shit? Is it the fault of the Chinese people? And then it dawned on me. No, no it's not. The wealthy Chinese people are just doing what any other rational wealthy person would do. Park their shady dollars in a safe place. The real culprits are the white neo liberal politicians, real estate agents and developers. And who actually voted the politicians in? Mostly stupid neo liberal leftists. They voted the politicians who fucked them in the ass into power, and then complain about it! Only the stupid white piggu's could be this retarded. So happy I'm not 100% white. Works great for fucking white neoliberal sluts on campus too.
>>
>>22605

(pic)

http://i.cbc.ca/1.2040637.1381646489!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/li-bc-110620-cp-robertson-riot.jpg
>>
>>22581
It doesn't matter if they don't, "Hate Crime" is used as a form of censorship. Using "Hate Crime" as a means to argue against someone is intellectually dishonest just because you think what they are saying is offensive. You basically blame them of committing a thought crime.

Welcome to 1984.
>>
>>22550
>obvious hate crime

Yeah last time we shuffled this shuffle it was a bunch of wealthy black kids shovelling horseshit claims of racism to make politically correct hoopla.

I'll wait for the evidence to come in before I declare university campus's (well known bastions of thumb sucking easily offended special minorities) UNSAFE.

Besides if we really give a shit about gay rights? Why is it always a domestic effort? Words can hurt sure, but there are active governments around the world that summarily abuse gays as a matter of course.
>>
>>22568
>>22615
>>22618
This is pretty lame in the grand scheme of hate crimes, I'll admit that right off, but all the phrase means that something illegal was done because the criminal couldn't deal with somebody else's demographics. Nobody is trying to censor you with this, that's just what the words mean.

And seriously, just looking at this board it's not hard to believe that somebody crossed that line.
>>
>>22367
>the university condemned the incident as an act of hate that violated the school's deeply held values of equity, inclusion and respect.

A building can't have "deeply held values." People hold values, and obviously some of the people attending the school don't share the values of "equity, inclusion, and respect."
>>
>>22367
Was it half burned or did the ash have semen in it?
>>
Hey, Bruce. What'cha doing?
>>
Seems like a good school prank to me. Go to the rival high school, burn their pride flag, watch them all shit all over each other and go insane.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.