[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yahoo sued over employee rankings, alleged anti-male discrimination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: yahoo women in tech.png (390 KB, 810x1242) Image search: [Google]
yahoo women in tech.png
390 KB, 810x1242
> between 2012 and 2015, Yahoo reduced its work force by more than 30 percent to fewer than 11,000 employees. That constitutes a mass-layoff, which requires 60-day notice under state and federal law, he says.

>Anderson also says his supervisors, in particular Chief Marketing Officer Kathy Savitt, favored female workers.

>When Savitt began at Yahoo, top managers in the "Media Org" were less than 20 percent female, the complaint states. Three years later, they were more than 80 percent female.

>"Savitt has publicly expressed support for increasing the number of women in media and has intentionally hired and promoted women because of their gender, while terminating, demoting or laying off male employees because of their gender," writes Anderson's lawyer.

Kathy Savitt (in pic-related), the manager accused of sexism, is also a proud feminist. Which surprises no one.
So is this it, is the push for women in tech going to die? Are tech companies going to stop blatant discrimination against men just to fill their quotas? Will this lawsuit put the rest of the tech world on notice that taking a feminist approach to hiring is illegal?

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/yahoo-sued-over-employee-rankings-anti-male-discrimination/
>>
https://twitter.com/ksavitt/status/628637989300600832

Kathy Savitt is the type of feminist who wonders if office air conditioning is part of the Patriarchal conspiracy to oppress women. Surely somebody like that would never favor female employees over males right?
>>
>>21318
Feminists don't prove anything by running a failure company, thankfully.
>>
>>21318
AA and gender quotas are federally mandated. It's illegal NOT to discriminate against white males.
>>
>>21318
>Yahoo! before women :
A pioneer and giant, today's google with a monopoly on every kind of services,offers,huge ad revenue,had email,photos,music,avatars,news site,blogs,game sites,search engine,statistics,economy,gossip news,movies,messenger,etc,it had so much of EVERYTHING,owned a huge chunk of the internet's userbase

>Yahoo! after women :
Irrelevant,on life support
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/02/465355493/yahoo-laying-off-staff-and-considering-selling-itself
>>
>>21320
but it's true. Women rarely say anything when they want to turn the AC up.
I work in an office and it really sucks that we have to put the air conditioning on, but the alternative is the room becoming too hot for men.

The problem is not realising it's not about oppression. But I'd rather they put a sweater on than me having to sweat like a pig, which desu is for everyone's best interest.
>>
>>21394
Stop it. Stop it now. You can always put on more layers, you can't take off your skin. It isn't problematic at all. It is literally a non-issue. Get a heat-lamp or something just like males and females both get fans.

Stop treating them as if they can't take care of themselves. Such a man.
>>
>>21410
are you joking? i just said that I turn the AC on and tell them to put something on. Of course it's a non issue, but if you leave it at "fuck em", you are being an asshat for no reason, even if it's not a serious problem
>>
>>21414
I was joking, in poor taste, I apologize for being an asshat.
>>
>>21416
it's ok, it's the daily shitposting that keeps me awake and on my feet
>>
>>21348
That's some bullshit. Jobs should go to whoever is most qualified, blind of race or gender.
>>
>>21464
>MEANWHILE IN REALITY
>>
>>21394
if there's 4 guys that want warmer office, and 1 guy that likes it colder, what's fair - to keep it warm or cold?
>>
>>21479
I'm usually the 1 guy so it's not fair to answer, I suffer heat a lot. My solution would be to fuck off to another room, wear sandals or something like that, but if it really becomes impossible tell them to turn the heat off or the AC on and see how much it bothers them. I don't know about fair, but I'd usually put on a sweater if i'm cold.
>>
>>21348
quotas are illegal under Grutter v. Bollinger.
>>
The difference is that most of the big companies in the world are still actively discriminating against women, which is why it's seen as 'normal' in the business world. The fact that this case holds water is very ironic, considering the institutionalized sexism already in play.
>>
>>21504
0/10
>>
>>21479
If there's one gender that's required to wear long sleeves and pants, and one gender that has the option of dressing for warm or cold environments, maybe we shouldn't cater to the members of the latter group that are too dumb to wear a fucking jacket.

>>21504
>most of the big companies in the world are still actively discriminating against women
kek. Citation? Several companies, including Yahoo, basically brag about discriminating against men. I've never heard a company publicly say "we need to hire and promote more males"
>>
>>21510
>what is the wage gap
You can't dismiss systematic discrimination on this level.

>I've never heard a company publicly say "we need to hire and promote more males"
Because it isn't seen as a 'newsworthy issue'. Gendered workplace discrimination towards women has been happening for decades.
>>
men vs women ac:
men prefer colder by 1 or 2 degrees
solution: either too hot or too cold
if too cold for some: women have to wear jumpers
if too hot for some: men have to go topless

the choice is obvious in any developed society

>>21516
>baiting this hard
>>
>>21516
This is bait.
>>
>>21510
> I've never heard a company publicly say "we need to hire and promote more males"

Then you've never looked into education and nursing.
>>
>>21525
jumpers don't cover hands and it's difficult to type with gloves and wearing a scarf over your face all the time can be uncomfortable
>>
>>21464

We *had* that, and the feminists whined about that.
>>
"Feminist" companies like Yahoo suck shit compared to companies run by normal people, so it's a self correcting problem, really.
>>
>>21464
welcome to America
>>
>>21525
>>21539
>bait
This board was a mistake. /pol/ 2.0
>>
>>21593
as a leftist that hates IdPol, This.
If its a working system that is all business, then 'you go grrrl.' If its /pol/'s philosopy on women, then it will fail.
>>
>>21516
>taking the wage gap meme seriously
>>
>>21387
When did Kathy Savitt take office? Yahoo was on the downward spiral towards a celebrity gossip / search engine hybrid back in early 2000's. By 2005, only really useful for celebrity gossip. The merge (or was it a buyout?) with AOL didn't do anything spectacular.

No surprise it is what it is- the only people I know who go to the site are females.
>>
>>21599
>Im a beta liberal cuck
>why doesn't 4chan cater to my opinions
>>
>>21599
>everything I don't like is /pol/
>>
>>21318
>fewer than 11,000 employees
How the fuck does Yahoo employ 11,000 people? What do they even do?
>>
>>21631
This.
What the fuck, it's just a site.
>>
>>21644
>>21631
They are a media company too, yahoo news. Also they own tumblr, somebody has to make sure users are protected with trigger warnings

>>21599
>people realizing that the wage gap meme is objectively false is /pol/ 2.0
All your doing is making /pol/ sounds more legitimate. Are you a /pol/ supporter?
>>
>>21479
They make sweaters and sweatpants and flannel underwear for men.

And hats, and scarves, and wool socks, and lots of other things.

Same for women. If you're fucking cold, bite the bullet and quit showing off your skin like a drunken Comanche and put some fucking clothes on, you insane slut of a whore.

Put your fucking vagina and ass and titties away for a few hours and quit using your job as an excuse to seduce men, including men you have no intention of mating with, but you just get off on being a slut of a slut of a slut of a whore.

Not all women, only like 90%
>>
I have no idea how Yahoo! still exists.
It's like they are trying to be the worst company possible.
>>
>>21574
There is a "discrimination" in those areas, because men don't want to do those kind of jobs, but women do. That's for nursing, anyway.
Education used to be more balanced. In fact, with exception of very young children, it used to be a male-dominated field.
I can tell you from personal experience that in order to work in education nowadays, you either need to be positively receptive of left-wing propaganda, or you will be discriminated against from the start. Also, in order to teach older kids, you need to spend loads of time teaching younger kids. This is designed to push men away, as they tend to have more conservative views, while trying to attract women, who are a lot more receptive of left-wing ideologies. The list is relatively long, but of course, not present thfroughout the board in the same quantity.

Anyone saying "we need to employ more men in education" is really saying "i do not understand why women vote left, while men vote right". Noone will talk about political bias though.
>>
Yahoo is an irrelevant company now anyways
>>
>>21809
true, but this could have a significant impact on the rest of the industry. Many other tech companies are doing the same thing, and this lawsuit could remind them that sexism against men is still sexism, and that it's still illegal.
>>
>>21318
So this is why it became so shit
>>
>>21612
She worked at yahoo 2012-2015
>>
>>21516
If a company made it a goal to hire more men, it would be extremely newsworthy
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.