[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
France a man was sentenced to 2 years in prison for burning a cat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1
File: Justice-aveugle.jpg (18 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
Justice-aveugle.jpg
18 KB, 400x266
http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2016/02/01/01016-20160201ARTFIG00398-a-nice-le-tortionnaire-d-un-chat-condamne-a-de-la-prison-ferme.php

>Friday, a 30 year old unemployed man set a cat on fire.
>Bonus: he threw him out the window
>Cat got euthanize by vets
>Guy got arrested the same day
>Jailed for the week-end
>Judged on Monday
>He was sentenced to 2 years in prison this morning

Besides the harsh sentence for the act, it literally took 5 days to get a conviction.
5 days to destroy a man's life.
>>
>5 days to destroy a man's life
It's like you're defending the guy who burned a cat to death
>>
>>20708
The guy was 30, jobless, and setting cats on fire. We don't need him in society tbh.
>>
>>20708
>>20715
Samefagging this hard.......no.
>>
>>20723
>burning cats is acceptable behaviour
fuck off back to your sharia controlled zone, mohammad
>>
>>20708
Serves him right
>>
>>20708
>harsh sentence for the act
you what? I hate cats but Dude, I'll give you a point if he ate the cat, otherwise that is just plain cruelty.
>>
>>20708
He fucking destroyed his own life you twat. Personally I'd like to see him hanged. Or set on fire and defenestrated, either is good.
>>
>>20708
>2 years
>Harsh
I could agree if that was lifetime
But I wouldn't object to it either
>>
2 years is pretty harsh sentence for animal cruelty, but what he did was pretty extreme, too. Fast convictions are a good thing. It would appear that there was no doubt about whether or not he committed the crime, so there's no point in dragging the process out.
>>
Shoulda set him on fire
>>
Cats are actually filthy animals contaminated with infectious brain parasites. There's really no sane reason to have domesticated them in history besides "DAW HOW CUTE, IT'S GOT A BABY SIZE HEAD".
Domestic cats should pretty much all be exterminated, but setting one on fire is pretty retarded.
>>
>>20804
>There's really no sane reason to have domesticated them in history
>keeping people's grain safe from mice and shit wasn't important
>>
>>20811
This guy :
>>20804
Obviously doesn't live in a city with mice. Cats are super useful.
>>
>>20790
2 years seems really light. I would look for 5 years and mandatory counseling.
>>
>>20804
Speak for yourself shithead, my cat handles all the pests that infest houses in the countryside.
Sucks that a cat scratched your face as a kid or something, nerdo.

>>20742
I actually love cats but do agree. Plain animal cruelty is perfectly deserving of a 2 year sentence, if he had eaten it or something it'd have been different.
>>
>>20804
People who felt as you do lived during the Dark and Middle Ages and killed most cats. Then the plague happened from rat infestations.

There are plenty of parasites humans can carry from other animals, even dogs.

I do think that the feral cat population is out of control, and that trap-neuter-release programs and humane euthanasia may be the best resort. People don't spay/neuter pets enough.
>>
>>20708
>harsh sentence for the act

are you out of your fucking mind?
>>
>>20708
> 5 days to destroy a man's life.
2 years is peanuts... No life destruction there. License registration, magazine subscriptions, etc. remain intact.
>>
>>20708
Yes sir we dont live in the medieval, burning a cat is for a 30 yrs old is really questionable.
>>
>>20708
Imagine if he was black, his life would actually matter.
>>
How is this guy asian? He looks more arabic.
>>
Why is animal cruelty even a crime at all? It seems to be entirely based on >muh feels rather than any real reason.
>>
>>20891
Europeans seem to call everybody who isn't white or African "Asian".
>>
>>20893
Aren't all law based on feels to an extent? The feel of not wanting to be hurt, robbed, degraded. If it weren't for feels there would be no need for law, because chaos wouldn't result in suffering.

What reason is there for law besides people's feelings?
>>
>>20893
Edge
>>
>>20902
That's true, but only if you view "feelings" in such a way that everything can be expressed in terms of feelings, which probably isn't how >>20893 was looking at it. I think what >>20893 is saying is that animal cruelty laws don't benefit society in any measure other than feelings, whereas other laws do (there are some measurements of society that laws against e.g. murder [probably] objectively increase, and which can be expressed in terms other than feelings).

I think a lot of uses of "animal cruelty" laws these days are actually beneficial besides feelings, for example to prevent crazy cat ladies from creating breeding grounds for what eventually become feral cats. It would probably be possible to do the same thing under public nuisance laws, however.
>>
Good
Dude was mad he couldn't get mad pussy

>>20792
This

>damn its lit fam
>>
>>20708
Deserves more
>>
>>20817
I don't see why they wouldn't with cats. A cat in heat is a real nuisance with all it's yowling and antics.
>>
>>20903
Sup, reddit.
>>
>>20908
Why do you dismiss "feelings" like they're unimportant? Are you a robot? We have laws against animal cruelty because we empathize with animals' capacity to suffer, while at the same time feeling revulsion at those who could inflict such suffering for no reason beyond sadistic pleasure.

If you want to talk about it in terms of benefit to society, it's in the interest of a healthy society to not tolerate people who engage in antisocial or sociopathic behaviors. Animal abuse is a classic sign of a budding serial killer.
>>
I think 2 years is a bit much and getting the sentence in 5 days after the act seems a bit rushed.
But then again I don't really want someone like him who just decides to burn an animal alive for fun and giggles.
>>
Best news I read in a while
>but muh freedom of expression!
>cats have nine lives anyway!
>>
Good.
>>
What, only 2?
>>
>>20708
>harsh
No.
>5 days to destroy a man's life
No. He only got 2 years. And took probably less than a minute to REALLY destroy the cat's life.

Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>20708
I'm no Francophile, but I do know France doesn't use Common Law.
>>
So lets see. Would you call a person sane, who burns a cat alive? Would you even like to be his neighbor? That guy is insane. (I dont own any animals but what he did is crazy)< read this before replying.
>>
>>20708
>2 years
>not death penalty
>>
>>20893

whoa look how edgy this guy is.

protip: boasting about not having feelings is pretty much the epitome of autism.
>>
>>21140

Easy to judge when you're sitting safe, never having to face judgment that hits so hard it leaves you drained completely.

No man should feel that for hurting a random cat. Maybe repeat offenders. But not one strike.
>>
>>20708

And I am glad. Very glad. I hope the judge reconsiders all of this and puts the guy in for life.
>>
>>20736
>he thinks islam doesn't severely punish animal torture
k m8
>>
>>20815
>>20855
>>21023
>>21034

this

My cats are family members to me, closer than uncles and aunts or cousins. I'm pretty sure this is true for a lot of people and their cats or dogs.
If you burned my cat and got away with 2 years only, I would take care of the rest of your deserved sentence.
>>
>>20893

You should go murder homeless people because the laws protecting them are entirely based on >muh feels as well.
>>
>>20708
Honestly? Guy should be burned to death, alive and conscious. Made an example of.
>>
>>20708
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? IT'S JUST A STUPID FUCKING CAT.
>>
>>22826
You people saying he should be killed are literally worse than him, scum of the earth who want to kill other humans. Go and rape some children you sick fucks.
>>
>>20893
It's a tell, it shows a lack of empathy.

Your willingness to inflict pain on another living creature shows you lack the empathic responses needed to function properly in society.

Folks who go around killing animals for kicks are always more likely to hurt people, because honestly? People are just clever animals.

What's more animals are not only alive, but they are often property, killing another person's animal shows that not only do you not respect the life of the animal, but that you disrespect their property, which in a highly judicial society warrants punishment on both accounts, and probably being put on a list for people with aberrant tendencies that bar them from working with animals, children, or vulnerable people.
>>
>>21426
>>22826
ok jafar
>>
>>20708
If he was intending to eat it it would be different, but doing it for fun? nah
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.