[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
McDonalds Failing; Supposedly on Its Last Legs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 0
McDonalds has never been a favorite of mine, but I don't complain if it's the closest place available.

That made me ask myself: Is McDonalds the favorite fast food place of anybody? People might only go to it just because of its proliferation, rather than the fact that they just love McDonalds.

>‘We are in the throes of a deep depression, and nothing is changing,’ one franchisee wrote.

>‘The CEO is sowing the seeds of our demise,’ another added. ‘The system may be facing its final days.’

>And some said that they were rapidly losing business: ‘Customers are abandoning us in droves because we are either too slow, or subpar quality.’

>‘All-day breakfast is a nonstarter,’ another added. ‘We are trading customers down from regular menu to lower-priced breakfast items. Not generating new traffic.’

>The new all-day breakfast menu has been a particular source of frustration, but the chain has implemented a number of radical ideas – including an option to build your own burger from 30 ingredients, ‘healthier’ items such as kale breakfast bowls, and a gimmicky ‘grey’ burger launched in China.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/19/is-this-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-mcdonalds-chain-could-be-facing-its-final-days-5448247/

So what do you think could save them? Cause they've tried dollar menus, new food items, the breakfast menu being available at all times, etc.
>>
They're fucked
>>
Pizza
>>
>>1865
They did that already.
>>
>>1883
Not in canada
>>
Bring back the Mighty Wings
>>
Cut the extra shit, up the quality, pay the workers more, have higher standards for workers and fire the lazy ones. Poach workers from 5-guys and various other fast casual places. Control all temps for meat via sous-vide which reduces the total cooking time to a few seconds for a patty. With a line that can mean pumping a burger in less than 15 seconds. Offer better burgers as well, it's nearly impossible to get a burger with lettuce tomato onion and pickles like all the other places have.

A $3 chicken sandwich from chick-fil-a tastes like heaven. A $5 quarter pounder with cheese from McDonalds tastes like being fucking disappointed. If they can't see the issue there then they're just fucking dumb. Anyone can go to 5-guys or Chipotle or Panera and walk out with a high-quality meal in the same amount of time or less and at basically the same price point.

McDonalds has to use their capital to re-invent themselves and not by trying to sell novelty items or pretend their garbage dollar menu has value. Bring back the beef tallow for the fries. Fuck the vegans.
>>
>>1897
This
>>
>>1897
>pay the workers more

Why? How would that help?
>>
>>1897
Their name is too far gone, they're very strongly associated with cheap low-quality food

I would've thought they could move their focus to a different name but they've actually done the opposite, selling off subbrands like Chipolte and Boston Market

They're not fucked but it seems like they'll be losing money for awhile
>>
>>1901
That Anon is using Leftist-logic: It's successful only if it makes them feel good regardless of how not good an idea it is.
>>
I went to McDonald's for the first time in years just a couple weeks ago.

I paid five dollars for a burger and medium fries at the place, and it was the most mediocre thing in the world. The burger was bland and close to tasteless, and the only thing that stuck out in my mind about the fries was that they were too salty.

For cheaper than what I paid there, I could get three burritos at the Taco Bell right next to it, or I could actually splurge a little more and actually go to a decent.

People go to McDonald's because it's there, not because they want to, or because it's cheap.
>>
>>1897
here

>>1901
I don't mean you pay the -current- workers more, at least not most of them. They're shitheads. But average pay in a lot of kitchens isn't very high and you would get some people who can cook decently or at the least pretend to give a shit to work there.

For instance, if you go to an "Apple" store or a Whole Foods you get employees who give slightly more of a fuck.

It's basically not about helping the employees but rather making the position more desirable to hold. Your average wage for a cook NOT employeed at McDonalds is still only like $11-13. If they hire these employees the quality of the food would increase drastically, but more importantly the consistency. McDonalds is the only place in most areas that always gives you food that says 'hey we really didnt give a fuck'

>>1903
>Chipotle
>sub-brand of McDonalds

Please check your facts before you repeat stuff. McDonalds never owned any part of them, they had invested in Chipotle but did not have any ownership. Tired of that shit meme.

And no, their whole 'cheap food' market is irrelevant and could be retained regardless, Del Taco & Taco Bell are the kings of cheap food, not McDonalds, and EVERYONE has a dollar menu.
>>
>>1860
I think the processed meat causes cancer news was their death knell. It's too bad. The Kroc family were good people.
>>
>>1906
a decent place*
>>
>>1905
>you should pay your accountants minimum wage, that will attract the best people
>we should pay teachers minimum wage, that will attract students with graduate degrees, they will surely ignore a higher paying job for minimum wage
>we should pay the cooks minimum wage, this will surely attract the best cooks

Fuck the people who work there now, it's not about 'helping them out' it's about getting the right people in there.
>>
Why don't they make real burgers? If they did that, people would be crawling in droves!
>>
>>1891

They did some 15+ years ago.
>>
So can we say Super Size Me killed them yet?
>>
>http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/19/is-this-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-mcdonalds-chain-could-be-facing-its-final-days-5448247/
>19 Oct 2015
>>
>>1921
That movie came out in 2006...
>>
>>1926
and it's been played in schools every year in many classes since then
I saw it 3 times while I was in school
>>
>Stock at all time high
>On last legs

lol are you serious nigga?
>>
27 bil in revenue and 10 bil in profit says otherwise, MCD is here to stay for the next 100 years, they're gonna blow up in Africa soon enough just like American fast food did in China not long ago.
>>
The internet has brought on a health revolution, if you want to, you can just google and research healthy food.
Places like wholefoods get more popular while fastfood chains go to shit.
Im not a fan of mcdolans, but it would be so weird if something that is so iconic of america and capitalism just up and died, would be funny too.
Anyways, there will always be shitty fast food places to eat at, or maybe fast food will just die and we can return to a time were everything was just diners and restaurants.

Yeah, thats an idea, mcdonalds should turn itself into a high class restaurant instead of fast food place
>>
>>1921
Funny thing is that the whole "documentary" is complete bullshit.
>>
>>1921
Are you kidding? That movie improved their food.
>>
Last 2 times I went to MCD it took those fucking pot heads a half hour to get my food. Like what the fuck? On top of the time it took, i got the wrong order... 4 kids meals instead of my breakfast burritos and hashbrowns. Fuck MCD
>>
>>1903
>Their name is too far gone, they're very strongly associated with cheap low-quality food
>I would've thought they could move their focus to a different name
This. Their brand name is associated with everything bad about fast food. It's pretty much a meme at this point that McDonalds sucks. Taco Bell has a similar issue but I always hear people say they eat it when they're drunk so there's at least that.
>>
My local McDonald's is quality and I love McDoubles. I'll usually get a few once a week.

Not even a fatass, I genuinely enjoy the food there.
>>
I'm a sucker for their spicy chicken sandwiches, that's it though. Everything else is garbage.
>>
The only thing I like on their menu is the Egg McMuffin and maybe their fries. I wouldn't miss them if they were gone but I think the media would make a shitstorm about them going if they did go bankrupt.
>>
mcdonalds is actually kind of expensive for what they give you. their hamburgers are the size of a newborn's stomach. you can go to in-n-out (califaggot here) or even carl's jr and get a larger meal for the same price and none of mcd's burgers even remotely taste like human food. the only thing i get is the two cheeseburger meal.
>>
I only go to mickey d's for breakfast sometimes or chicken nuggets.
>>
I find I enjoy eating mcdonalds when im on a long car trip and a quarter pounder and fries (before they get cold) is a treat. But when im at home I prefer to eat at local places that make better burgers. I guess their consistency of experience is why I like them when im at rest areas but like I saod, when Im at home im never finding myself saying "ho boy lemme hit up that young mickey d's for that mediocre and not cheaply priced burger."
>>
I only stop there after late nights at work since they're the only ones open. For some reason everyone working there after 10 pm is openly gay, most of them missing teeth.

The food is usually stale or soggy by that time, and I spend way too much time stuck in a drive through listening to a guy tell me how much his job sucks and asking me what my plans are.
>>
>this shit with speed
Has anyone ever encountered an actual human being that has unironically said "I'm not going to McDonald's because they're too slow"?

The reason why people aren't going to McDonald's is because it's too expensive for what it is. Most other fast food restaurants taste MUCH better and are half the price.

Personally I'm of the opinion that McDonald's should work on lowering their prices rather moreso than trying to make the food premium, because nobody associates the McDonald's brand with premium, it's associated with cheap, budget food. The cheap is what's missing now.
>>
>>1860
I personally believe that they should invest more in automation. At a local MacDonalds there is a sort of kiosk where you can pre order you meal, and they cut down staff (thus costs) by half with it
>>
McDonalds is cheap crap.
Good riddance.
>>
>>1891
They had pizza in Canada many years ago and it was glorious.

They need to bring it back
>>
>>2152 I only get
>>2145 I only get
>>2131 I only get
>>2117 I only get
>>2070 I only get
>>2034 I only get
>>2022 I only get
I only get I only get I only get I only get

Nobody cares what you get
Anyways the McDonald's chain was never good in the first place. If they went down that'd be an American icon down, as McDonald's is shit i wouldn't mind. Doubt they're going out though. Too many people buying the food.
>>
I eat that crap but only because its convenient.
Not often either, twice a month?

God damned Mocha Frappes and single plain cheeseburgers.

McDonalds is fucked if they are fucked.
Fuck them.
>>
>>1860
They ruined their own image and failed to adapt to new markets with sister ompanies under different name.
You will likely get a better thread about this on /biz/ than /pol/2.0 here.
>>
>>1942
I bet you think Sony is doing just fine too.
>>
European McDonald s(dutch)uses far less garbage than American McDonald's, tastes better too. i love their nuggets so much even when i knkw its made from some kind of meat sludge
>>
I dont want worlds biggest free toilet chain to fail.
>>
>>2247
>Has anyone ever encountered an actual human being that has unironically said "I'm not going to McDonald's because they're too slow"?

I've driven off from the drive-thru before after sitting there behind seven cars for 15 minutes without the line budging an inch.
>>
>people itt actually go to McDonald's, are defending McDonald's
>>
McDonald's needs to offer premium sandwiches with good ingredients. Out where I am, in the middle of nowhere, they still have good business, but where there is decent competition they lose badly. I stopped going because their food flares my IBS, but then again I dont eat burgers at all.
>>
mcdonalds sucks because of their portion size greed, thats all it is really. i should be able to pig out for 15 AUD, but i can easily devour 2 large big mac meals for 20 AUD and still be hungry

hope they learn
>>
Berlin, Germany chiming in. McDonald's are on their way out, while little independent burger shops pop up like mushrooms. A little more expensive, but WAY higher quality.
>>
>McDonald's on its last legs
No.
This is your daily reminder that McDonald's is a real estate company that happens to sell burgers.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/73533-mcdonalds-is-a-real-estate-company
>but anon I don't want to read this brief explanation of the phenomenon because it's a blog, not a news source.
Fair enough, here. Here's an article from the Wall Street Journal dicussing just how much money McDonald's has involved with its real estate.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/mcdonalds-lands-in-a-real-estate-dilemma-1440495181
>>
>>1
>>
>>2
>>
>>1860
The doomsaying only really applies to McDonald's in the U.S. Like >>1944 said, it is hugely emblematic --maybe the ur-emblem-- of American capitalism, but it has no real allegiance to the States. They're doing fine overseas, and if American sales really are dismal, they'll just pull out of the U.S.
>>
It's because Mcdonalds marketing towards americans negro's is failed marketing.

In a few years you will see stores cut, higher prices and changed in favor of the more successful european policy.
>>
>>1860
>make an absolute commitment to diversity, and not just the usual empty words, but a full commitment
>your company collapses

>>
>>1897
>higher standards for workers and fire the lazy ones.
This isn't even allowed.
>>
>>2247
I find it funny seeing how MCD is different in America and in other countries.

I'm from Brazil and McDonalds here is very, very expensive. They have like 4 itens at HUE$ 5,50 and the rest is over HUE$ 20. Which doesn't sound a lot if you take the current state of our economy (1 dollar = 4 HUE$), but they were the same price two years ago when the change was much better (1 dollar = 2 HUE$). And keep in mind minimum wage here is 700$/month.

So McDonalds is pretty much premium food around here, at least in price, and they sell a lot.
>>
>>2637
Sure it is. What's not allowed? Firing lazy workers? Aside from specious racial disparate impact claims under Title VII I can't imagine why McDonald's wouldn't be able to "fire lazy workers" and create higher standards for existing workers. Employers reserve the right to change the roles of a job as long as it is nondiscriminatory and they can cite a business necessity.

I also disagree with your interpretation of the post you quoted as "higher standards for workers." He was talking about higher standards for the product and different production process. That might entail "higher standards" for workers but McDonalds and other fast food are process wizards; I bet that no matter the increase in quality, they'll be able to train Jerome and his retarded cousin to make burgers and sweep the floors. It will remain a "bottom of the barrel requirements for entry" job.

What statute, social policy, or even McDonalds policy are you thinking of when you say "isn't allowed"?
>>
>>2570
Honestly, their commercials are so fucking transparent.

Have you seen those new animated happy meal boxes, obvious rip off of minions.
It's obvious to me, and I haven't even seen that movie
>>
Is the demise of the fast-food industry really such a big deal in the united states of clapistan?
>>
>>1860
Yeah but the stock price keeps going consistently up.
>>
They should give fleshlights and vibrators away with meals.
>>
>So what do you think could save them? Cause they've tried dollar menus, new food items, the breakfast menu being available at all times, etc.

They're facing the biggest minimum wage jump in US history. They're going to need to completely

>>1897
I don't think that a streamlined mcdonalds can compete with in n out, smashburger, five guys, and the fast casual. Their ace managers are good at wrangling minimum wage 'tards and dealing wtih fights in the lobby. Not the skills you need at a higher end joint.

It wouldn't surprise me if the ultra low end of fast food gets it up the ass from automation ala redbox vs blockbuster. Full on mcdonalds vending machines won't save them either.

>>2247
Actually yes. When the special ed rejects they have working there take half an hour to fill an order. Or a catasrophic drive thru line.
>>
>>2773

Enron redo, maybe?
>>
mcd's needs to go into the gourmet burger business hard

bk are stealing customers with their angus burger and thats not even that good

and otoh gourmet burger restaurants are fucking booming

mcd's need to rebrand as a quality outlet
>>
>>1901
if you want to keep good workers and encourage more workers to work better you pay more than the going rate. still requires good management

idiots don't get that mcdonnalds can't just do this with an edict because they're mostly franchises.
>>
>>2797
do you even remember what enron was about, or are you just spouting memes?
>>
>>2845
>mcd's need to rebrand as a quality outlet
Is it even possible at this point? Shouldn't they rather focus on getting quality business processes and operations?
>>
>>2854
that would reduce prices but i don;t think having low enough prices is their problem, i think they have an image problem
why would anyone go to mcd's when you have lovely friendly nando's round the corner?

mcd's is where you go to get stabbed or have a heart attack
>>
>>2861
The price could remain the same, they could increase margins and customer service level, since it seems that they are bleeding clients due to poor service delivery
>mcd's is where you go to get stabbed or have a heart attack
Is it really like that in murrica?
>>
>>2867
i dunno i'm in the uk
they always put mcd's on the edge of nasty areas, and in town you have way better options now, mcd's has all the aesthetic appeal of a bus station
>>
>>1860
Mcdonalds has had many great products but theyre always seasonal items, and get pulled to be replaced by the default bigmacshittyfucking menu.they should have big bacon on the menu around the year
>>
>>2867
I live in Australia and McDonalds is pretty dangerous
>>
>>2869
>>2873
Here in Italy they are in nice parts of town or in malls, so it hasn't this kind of bad rep and their restaurant are still very family oriented (but maybe we are just ameriboos)
>>
>>2873
Can't say I've had any problems. Just don't go there at 2am on a Friday night.
>>
Instead of trying to be trendy and modern, they need to double down on their traditional business model. That means cutting the McCafe and clubhouse shit while bringing back the super size fries. They also need to make their menu a hell of a lot cheaper and ditch their asinine commitment to diversity.
>>
It's the fucking prices. Most poors can barely afford the dollar menu. In my large US city there isn't even a dollar menu anymore. It's like 1.40 for a mcdouble/mcchicken and you can forget about a fries or a shake because that's 3-4USD extra each.
It's not cheap anymore and it has the reputation of being shit quality so obviously it's going to lose popularity. That's really all there is to it.
You can actually eat cheaper and healthier with something like Chinese or sub sandwiches.
>>
Lately my food was fucking cold on mcdonals

Good riddance. I dont think that its mcdonalds problem though, I think the individual franchises are to blame
>>
>>1897

God damn this.

No one fucking goes to McDonalds for a fucking gourmet experience. They need to stop trying to change their image and just cater to what fucking people want; a goddamn hamburger and fires. Who gives a fuck if they get fat, it's their own goddamn fault.
>>
>>1860
Clickbait.

McDonalds has a world empire. I've literally never seen a single McDonalds restaurant go out of business.
>>
>>1897
This is so true. How are you going to compete with Chic Fil A, Panera and Chipotle? At least after eating a chic Fil a sandwhich I don't feel like I need a diaper and a few hours to sleep it off.
>>
>>2910

One closed up shop not far away from my location in New England. One day it was open, the next it was abandoned. The old building is now just sitting there with absolutely no remnants of the McDonald's and is for lease. They didn't even announce that they were closing.
>>
>>2910
Its about growth growth and growth.
>>
>>2861
McDonald's is kind of ridiculously expensive for the amount of food you get. A quarter-pounder with fries is like $8.
>>
>>2910
I've seen one go out of business. It was in a podunk town on the 95 between Reno and Las Vegas. Sat right next to a high school, and had a lot of traffic going through. Then a burger king and subway opened up in a gas station and killed them.
>>
>>3043
Which is funny, since the ones around here all opened up directly across from Burger Kings, Wendy's, Five-Guys, ect after those other chains were already there. Some of those competitors were killed because of it. Even the two or three that have been here for decades were opened next to preexisting burger joints, according to my grandparents.
>>
>>3043
>>2964
it's not like they're even going out of business in the sense that they lost all their money and can't afford to run that certain restaurant. Most of the time they're just relocating to a more promising area.
>>
>>2499

I think McDonald's problems run deeper than the fact that you're a fatass, anon.
>>
>>1860
>‘Customers are abandoning us in droves because we are either too slow, or subpar quality.’
No, its because McDonalds is synonymous with cheap food and awful diet. I can go to Wendy's and Burger King and feel guilty, but for some reason McD's is a different level of guilt even if it tastes as good or better. Young people who are more health and/or image conscious don't want to eat there.
>>
>>1923
I think we can have a grace period since the board is new. Recent things that would get bumped to page 10 on /pol/ should be allowed for now
>>
>McDonalds faling

Idk, aren't they too big to die so soon?
>>
>>2015
>>
>>1860
I drove by a mcdonalds on thanksgivng eve about 9 and its drive tru was packed to the point where if i was going there i would turn around and find another place, like burger king, you know they have veggie burgers good ones too boca brand i aint shill or shitting you but that was the best idea a fast food place has had since fillet o fish
>>
>>2467
this, when i gotta shit on the go i look for the arches, like when in downtown chitown at night
>>
Their biggest problem is probably employees nevwr staying there. Its a shit job, no respect, everyone i drive by is always hiring. So inexperienced workers constantly rotating leads to shit service and quality. A customer gets burned a few times and they say im going to dick fil a, BK, wendys or local joints. Their nuggts suck now to
>>
Everyone cheering about this is going to get a big dose of reality after McD's shuts down.
>Tens of thousands of employees who were only qualified to flip burgers instantly apply for all entitlement funds, promote unrest, and flood the already-stressed labor market
>America loses a major player on the global corporate scene
>Business morale plummets nationwide as CEOs realize nobody's too big to fail
>>
>>3216
Also
>No more McD fries ever again
>>
>>3221
>you will never make them fix you unsalted fires again and then ask for salt packets
>>
McVomit's is the only place close enough to me to walk to, and I'm in a shit neighborhood the cops don't come near or within 7 counties of, so that goes double for pizza places or chinese places... McPoopy's is all I got
>>
>>2854
>mcdonalds
>quality

Pick one
>>
>>1860
It's bullshit. A bunch of franchisees bitching and moaning because their jobs just got a little bit harder.

The growth market for quick service food is in your "gourmet" burgers - places like Burgerurge or Grilld. If McDonald's stays a fast-food joint, that is how it will die. McDonald's needs to expand out into the "gourmet" quick-service, and that is what the Create Your Taste promotion is all about.
>>
>>1860
>Is McDonalds the favorite fast food place of anybody?

among the huge chain fastfood places like burger king/wendys, mcdonald's is probably my favorite, but I prefer the more regional fastfood choices like Chikfila or Whataburger or Raising Canes if given the option. That's their real competition, IMO, not shit like Burger King.
>>
>>1860
>>‘All-day breakfast is a nonstarter,’ another added. ‘We are trading customers down from regular menu to lower-priced breakfast items. Not generating new traffic.’

That's because they didn't bring fucking McGriddles to the all day menu.

Make McGriddles served all day
Charge $1 extra for them
????
PROFIT
>>
>>3235
>mcvomit

kekked hard
>>
>>2365
>Nobody cares what you get

It should matter, though. The major concern was that the menu was getting too big, so they decided to cut it down to size.

>not shortly introducing all-day breakfast thereafter

>>3027
If you live in Posh McDosh, New York City, or fucking Chicago it is, otherwise it's pretty cheap. In the South the dollar menu there are a few items that are 80 cents.
>>
>Go to McDonald's drive-in window
>They tell me they can't take my order there because I'm not in a car
>They tell me I have to go inside that crowded abattoir to make my order
>I tell them to fuck off
>>
>2015
>not living vegan

back to /pol/ you idiots
>>
>>1860

The only things I like about McDonald's is the coffee, moca frappe, and the stake, egg, and cheese bagel.
>>
Hash browns
>>
One day, Whataburger shall take over the throne
>>
>>1860
Simply the fast food competition beats it.

Who would ever choose McDonald's over Jack in box or whataburger?
>>
>>1860
They need to shrink the menu and streamline the food preparation process, so that they can serve more people per location, have less locations, pay fewer employees (more money), and serve a higher quality product. The dollar menu simply crammed them into a price point that couldn't make them enough profit, the new food items cost more in labor hours, storage, and logistical costs than they ever could have made, and breakfast all day increases the amount of goods they throw away, making the entire operation less efficient. Taco Bell is the only major chain that has a less sustainable business model, and they're propped up by the Yum! Foods brand, which has a couple of legitimate fast food franchises under its wing to offset.
All of the largest fast food brands would have collapsed long ago if America had stronger labor laws and unions, as it stands they're inhabiting a bubble of poor long-term sustainability that has to fall down eventually.
>>
Literally improving their food quality is what's needed.

Especially burgers.
>>
>>1927
Funny thing McDonald's came to my school once to advertise for a class period that guy who lost weight eating it.

Problem is still no one no one likes to torture their taste buds.
>>
>>3216
>>Tens of thousands of employees who were only qualified to flip burgers instantly apply for all entitlement funds, promote unrest, and flood the already-stressed labor market
Not in america. Poor people are fine, but poor people who try to stir shit up get fucked.
>>
>tfw you neighborhood mcdonalds isn't even that bad
>>
>>2070

I miss those hugeass steak burritos. Now all we have are $1 Sausage Churros.
>>
>>3216
>the power vacuum is filled by a competent restaurant
>it turns out that being qualified to flip burgers is equivalent to half the food and beverage industry
>keks are had as six months later the newly unemployed (who all had second jobs anyway because McDonald's doesn't hire full time employees) have better jobs
libertarians have the right idea thinking that unsustainable businesses shouldn't be propped up, but the issue in that line of thought is that a laissez-faire system can also lead to the growth of unsustainable businesses, it just does so in boom-bust cycles
>>
>>1897

Great points.. 5 Guys and other fast food places are of higher quality than McDonald's for about the same price point. Maybe even a few dollars more, but the higher quality food is worth it.

This low quality shit needs to go. Maybe have the $1 cheeseburger and reinvent everything else.
>>
>>3895
Would Taco Bell become the new top guy?
>>
>>3919
Taco Bell is the only one marketed as well as McDonald's, but they're victim to many of the business practices (Overfranchising, inefficient bottom-level practices, fad marketing) that are proving unsustainable for Golden Arches. I suspect there's going to be a surge of small-menu fast-food places more along the lines of In-N-Out and Jimmy John's, because they're just more flexible, but that's probably not until well after these events are history-- I'd say at least for the time being Taco Bell is the heir to the throne, and with it the other Yum! brands will probably do very well.
>>
>>2256

This.

I know it's horrible to take jobs away from people and all that, but as someone who prefers to interact with people as little as possible, I would actually go there more if I could just press a few buttons on a touch screen and get my stuff. Maybe with the cost cuts from workers they can also work on improving their food quality for the same price.
>>
>>1860
McDonalds is failing because it's a symbol of american influence.
>>
I was driving down the road just now and was looking out for a McDonalds, was going to get a $5-6 meal.

But then I saw a diner and thought I wouldn't mind a steak sandwich platter. Now I'm spending $12-15. Almost 3x as much. That's how shitty mcd's is.
>>
>>3919

Taco Bell is literal garbage.

I would prefer McDonald's over Taco Bell any day.
>>
>>3810
This. Texasfags represent
>>
I loved McDonald's chicken mcbites, what the hell happened to those?
>>
>>1897
>bring back the beef tallow

Wait they did get rid of that?
>>
They could easily fix this, but they won't take any of the steps necessary, because it involves too much politically incorrect shit.

1) Fix the food

Nothing else makes a difference if they don't do this.

As said above, bring back beef tallow and tell the vegans to fuck off. Vegans don't even eat at McDonalds

Scrap the whole menu except for burgers, happy meals, one chicken sandwich, one fish sandwich, fries, nuggets, and breakfast. All cooked and served similar to Five Guys.

2) Stop focusing all of their advertising to niggers

This should be self explanatory, but they have created a restaurant version of white flight. Most white people say they don't even feel safe in these restaurants anymore.

3) Close about half of the stores

There is no reason for there to be five stores within three miles of each other. It hurts each business and it causes brand fatigue

4) Get some better employees

This is a case where paying higher wages will help them. Their customer service is their second biggest problem after the food quality. You literally cannot go there now without getting your order fucked up. You can also see that the people handling your food are dirty as fuck.
>>
>>3971
I'd suggest it in a different order, basically "Remove unnecessary stores, buy better ingredients, shrink the menu down to the important shit, cooked correctly, pay employees like they're worth something and force them to live up to it"
The advertising package is a whole can of worms unto itself but as I've seen it, they always pair one "white McDonald's" ad with one "black McDonald's" ad and release them at the same time, which is worse
>>
>Metro

Come on

I'm sure there's a more credible source

Metro is complete fodder that you find thrown on the ground on the Tube
>>
>>3978
so is every UK-based news publication
>>
>>2910
Newtown, Australia. Closed in the late 90's. Newtown has been a sort of cluster of hipness for forever, and along the street that the McDonald's was on you can get a generous helping of delicious food from a wide variety of countries for less than a mcgarbage burger.
>>
They need better food and better service. I shouldn't have to double check my order to see if they remembered everything. The third time they did it I sent a long winded complaint about missing food and how I was switching from McDonald's to KFC. Got a heavy apology response from McDonald's.
I can't even take it seriously since they couldn't take the time to get my fucking name right in their response. That's the least they could do in an apology letter about not filling my orders right.
>>
>>1901
Set high standards for employees, food, atmosphere.

Revamp the restaurant and go through all of the employees and figure out which ones dont fit into the new company.

The employees will realize their new pay is = to their new line of work "dis bullshit nigga I aint doin all this" will leave on their own or get fired leaving quality workers. Rigourous training with a culture of amazing customer service.

Relaunch without all the gimmicks and with good fucking food and you win
>>
>>1860
the writing was on the wall when they went 365black, yes, that's an actual thing, look it up

I stopped eating there when I found out, I wonder how many others did too
>>
>>1897
>pay the workers more
hahaha, oh, that will make me want to eat there again

ʷᵃᶦᵗ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜ, ᶦˢ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵍᵘʸ ᵃ ˢᵉᶰᵗᶦᵉᶰᵗ ᴬᴰ?
>>
they have too much shit on the menu

like fuck if I wanted a faggy beverage I'd go to starbucks or some shit
>>
>>1942
africans aren't stupid like the chinese. they know shit food when they see it. real africans won't eat this bullshit
>>
>>6378
Um they're willing to smash open transformers to get cooking oil
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/12/thieves-fry-kenya-power-grid-fast-food-2014122884728785480.html
>>
>>1897
>reduces total cooking time to a few seconds
>pumping a burger in less than 15 seconds
and next on "things people who've never worked at a McDonalds" say: "People don't like McDonalds"
>>
>>6378
>>6419
real nigga hours smash dat mf transformer
>>
In my town the only reason anyone goes to Mcdonalds is because its the only chain restaurant we have aside from subway & the local restaurants are all run by sleazy Italians that dont even understand the concept of "sanitary"
Also the local McDonald's manager is buttbuddies with the mayor and they cut a not so secret backroom deal to keep any competing chain restaurants out of town. So if anything McDonald's will be able to strongarm small rural towns into giving them money
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.