[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taiwan’s president-elect Tsai Ing-wen appears as cute moe anime girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1437492792741.jpg (54 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
1437492792741.jpg
54 KB, 599x337
The campaign to elect Taiwan’s new president saw her appearing as a cute character in a number of anime videos. Along with her cats.

Tsai Ing-wen made international headlines on the weekend when it was announced that she had won the Taiwanese presidential election, making her the first female president of Taiwan. She’s also the first person of aboriginal Taiwanese descent to hold the high-ranking position—and the first to be moe-fied in cute anime form.

As part of her political campaign, videos were released on her Facebook account, depicting the 59-year-old lawyer as a cutely bespectacled anime girl. A lot of work went into designing her character, which included adding her two pet cats for bonus cuteness overload.

A behind-the-scenes look at the process of creating her character shows just how much talent there is in the local industry.

Tsai says anime is a great way to express serious policies in a way that is easy for people to understand. In this video posted to her Facebook account, she outlines her vision for Taiwan’s energy future.

Things don’t always have to be serious, though. In this video made to wish everyone a Happy New Year in 2016, her character does an adorable dance to a cute and catchy vocal music track. Because sometimes the best policy is just to put a smile on people’s faces.

The pluralistic and inclusive nature is part of the appeal of animated messages, and Tsai aims to support future developments in the industry, to help build a better Taiwan and meet the demand that’s out there for all things cute. So watch out, world: anime may soon be Taiwan’s next big export!

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/01/19/taiwans-president-elect-tsai-ing-wen-appears-as-cute-moe-anime-girl-in-awesome-campaign-videos/
>>
>>17996
'dat's kawaii as fuck, niggah. I hope all our politicians take notice.
>>
>>17996
>you'll never be offically depicted as loli for millions to adore you
>>
Can someone clue in a non-weeaboo on what "Moe Anime" is?

I'm sure as hell not going to lurk on >>>/a/ long enough to find out. I don't think they would tell me if I asked them.
>>
>>18031
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_%28slang%29
>>
>>18031
You ever see an anime girl that has invoked a reaction of "She's pretty cute!" Not necessarily in a creepy stalker or sexual sense, but it could go that way for some of the people on here.

That's pretty much the moe sub-genre. And it's destroying Mongolian cartoons.
>>
>>18031

Japan: The Manga Military
How Japan’s “Creative Industrial Complex” is using manga to shape public perceptions.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/01/japans-creative-industrial-complex/
>>
I looked this lady up and I'm finding a lot of articles about how she is really pissing off China.
>Taiwan's Tsai Ing-wen prepares for power amid Chinese warnings
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35340493

>China warns Taiwan's president-elect Tsai Ing-wen against independence path after landslide victory
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-18/china-warns-taiwan-after-election-victory/7096432
>>
>>18090
damn...she's a badass based moe president-san
>>
>>18001
Bernie-chan is best girl.
>>
>>17996
I'm waiting for the 2016 US Campaign anime
>>
>>18090
Tsai-chan already got top men ready to go, and China's salty as fuck.

I'd love to see how this plays out.
>>
>>18090
Taiwan's getting its shit together.
>>
>>18258
I wouldn't mind seeing a harem anime where all the candidates try to win the affection of Electoral College-senpai.
>>
>>17996
yfw wishing trump chan to step on your dick
>>
>>17996
Merkel-chan when?
>>
>>17996
I can't to rule 34 that bitch
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.