[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
US markets dropping quickly this morning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 0
http://investorplace.com/2016/01/oil-north-korea-send-the-dow-jones-plummeting/#.Vo54vJ_nbqA

Most sites seem to be pointing the finger at the North Korea test and oil prices.
>>
oil can go lower? the fuck gas is already under 2 bucks a gallon in some places.

they are jewing me for the premium though - making a bigger price jump, damn high compression engines.
>>
I'm a premium guy myself.. Always been expensive to feed it to the 5.4L

Oil actually took a pretty steep drop.. After a bit of recovery. Giving us guys in oil country a little hope
>>
>>14845
how long are people in 'oil country' saying it will stay low? as long as the arab countries are dumping their cheap oil it will stay low right? or are there other factors?

I was reading recently that now even storage is an issue. There is so much oil the storage facilities where people were holding it for a better day to sell are full.
>>
>>14845
>I'm a premium guy myself.. Always been expensive to feed it to the 5.4L
I remember it being +10c or something each jump from 87, 89. 91... but now it is like 20c. My numbers are probably off but it is for sure a bigger jump.
>>
>>14843
>#.Vo54vJ_nbqA
referral link, do not click
>>
Canadian here, this really bums me out. Time to convert to USD while I still can I guess
>>
>>14851
OP here, did not realize.

>>14847

I think its going to get worse. There are tankers filled with unsold oil storing it on the ocean, waiting for someone to buy it. There are people out here (western ND) that think it will get better but if it does it would probably benefit Texas more than any others since it is the cheapest drilling in the US.

I'm lucky to still be employed.. I was thinking that I'd get laid off after the new year but I saw I was scheduled clear into the summer so I'll be alright for a little while longer
>>
>>14849
Edit.

http://investorplace.com/2016/01/oil-north-korea-send-the-dow-jones-plummeting/

Did not see that
>>
Think I can buy a few shipments for tree fiddy?
>>
>>14860
Good to hear you didn't get laid off, wish you the best man.

>tankers filled with unsold oil storing it on the ocean
That must rustle the environmentalists jimmies (even if it isn't very risky).
>>
Oil prices were getting really ridiculous in europe some years ago so I'm glad about this.

Might even buy a car again at some point.
>>
>oil prices reacting to markets

oil prices are controlled, it isn't a price reaction its a human reaction

call me a conspiracist, but I think this downturn in the market is a reaction to political favour beginning to turn towards renewables.
>>
>>14967
>being this bad at economics

Its not that demand that's lessening; it is in fact increasing, but the growth of supply is outpacing it.

Chyna is slowing down/has been slow for awhile, and not causing the shortage they once did.

Its not demand for renewables that's causing the downturn.. Its hybrid of humans being too good at getting oil out of the ground and emerging countries slowing their growth curve.
>>
>>14967
No need for a conspiracy, the OPEC countries are trying to bankrupt US shale oil companies
>>
>>14860
>also Williston
Everybody is hopeful b/c nobody wants to lose more job security.

For fucks sake, I lost 30k in overtime wages for this year's schedule.
>>
>>15128
not to be nitpicky, but isn't 'OPEC countries' redundant, like ATM machine?
>>
>>15132
Ouch man I'm with you..
I didn't fare that badly, I'll make about 18k less this year I figure.. But that's my bread and butter
>>
>>15095

I didn't say that demand was lessening. I mused that as political pressure has moved towards subsidising renewable forms of energy OPEC coincidentally pushed down the global price of oil.

Subsidy programs in the UK have been scrapped since. At a time when north sea oil is on its way out. it could just be mismanagement. But its mismanagement so perfect as to appear conspiratorial.
>>
>>15128
I can agree with your statement. OPEC, is on a war footing.
>>
It's January. This always happens in January.
>>
>>14843
OMG TURN ON THE CNN!!1!
IT'S FUCKING HAPPENNING
>>
By CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER
AP Economics Writer-
"Employers added a robust 292,000 jobs last month, and the unemployment rate stayed low at 5 percent, the Labor Department said Friday."
When did 5% come to represent low unemployment? Is that the benchmark now? We've had to continue to scrape and claw to stay afloat in our family businesses, despite losing nearly half of the competition we had in 10 square miles. People still don't tolerate necessary price increases and land lords want to renegotiate rents all the time based on inflated real estate numbers.
>>
>>14843
>US markets dropping quickly this morning

>>>/g/52321049
coincidence?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.