[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyclocross or road bike?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: MG_7653-e1415803866466.jpg (166 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
MG_7653-e1415803866466.jpg
166 KB, 1000x667
I am torn between choosing a used cyclocross for about 500$ CAD + road wheels or a brand new CAAD12 in 105. I want to ride it daily and it will mostly be on pavement but with some occasional gravel/trail. Any suggestions for a good used aluminum cyclocross bike? CAAD12 worth the full price?
>>
What's your local craigslist/other used bike market?
>>
>>978555
I live in Montreal. I use Kijiji but Craigslist is fine too
>>
>>978557
and what frame size do you run?
>>
>>978560
52cm on Cannondales. I don't know for the other brands.
>>
>>978546
What are you going to be riding 80% of the time. Pavement? Get the CAAD.

It's dumb to get a totally different bike for the few exceptions where you're riding a certain way like a small amount. Don't let what you might do infrequently compromise what you'll realistically be doing.

Plus the CAAD12 is just a incredibly fun and great bike.
>>
>>978571
Almost forgot

If you're set on a cyclocross bike but still like the caad
why not get the CaadX? its the caad but cyclocross. they just unveiled the 2017 models.
>>
>>978571
CAAD with 28s, or even try the disc version and you should be able to run 30s

All you need for some gravel/trail riding
>>
>>978574
It kinda depends on the trail (a lot of the "gravel" trails around here are best done with front suspension), but yeah, CAAD12 all the way.
>>
If you ride daily comfort should be taken into account. You might favor cyclocross to be able to use larger tyres even if you stick to pavement.
>>
Road bikes are for roads... not pavements. So cyclocross shit for you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.