[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys can you help me out estimating the frame size of this 28"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: $_20.jpg (61 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
$_20.jpg
61 KB, 800x600
Guys can you help me out estimating the frame size of this 28" wheel bike
>>
>>973128
Going by the size of the headtube, I'd say it's about 54 cm or 21.25084251968504 in

± 1 or 2 cm though
>>
>>973131
Seconded. Looks like 54.
>>
>>973131
>>973153
thanks guys, great help! Do you happen to have some visual size guide for this kind of geometry for future reference?
>>
File: Geometry_Chart2.png (83 KB, 629x523) Image search: [Google]
Geometry_Chart2.png
83 KB, 629x523
>>973173
This one is pretty decent. Look up the seat tube size on the left (54cm will be about half way between 20in and 22in, but again 54cm was just an eyeball estimate) then you can see all the relevant lengths and angles for the frame.

Keep in mind, every frame is different and this chart is for one particular frame (no idea what model, just found it of Google images) but it's good to know the different measurements of a frame. If you were meaning what size frame is appropriate for you, then search for “bike frame height chart” or something like that.
>>
>>973173
My advice would be: Always keep frame size in mind when you look at bikes. You will very often find the corret size with descriptions (that is certainly true for new bikes).
With used bikes it is not always reliable, because some people don´t know how to measure frame size correctly.
Over time you`ll get a feeling for the frame size by looking at them.
It is easier with steel frames because they tend to have similar tube diameters.
>>
>>973219
forgot to mention:
>>973131
This guy is right. I always estimate frame size by checking out the headtube.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.