[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /n/ I am looking for a cheap bike computer. I just need a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: sigma-bike-computer[1].jpg (24 KB, 385x357) Image search: [Google]
sigma-bike-computer[1].jpg
24 KB, 385x357
Hey /n/ I am looking for a cheap bike computer. I just need a basic one, like speed, max/average speed, clock, distance, stopwatch, etc. I'm looking on Amazon but a lot of the cheap ones (like $20 or less which is my price range) are just Chinese crap.

You guys have any suggestions on decent cheap bike computers?
>>
Also I want it to be a wireless one, if those are better than wired ones
>>
>>971951
>better than wired ones
why in the fuck would it be better
it never moves so why do wires matter? are your brakes wireless?
>>
>>971959
Maybe he wants to easily take it off

Wireless is cheap, my career commuter was like $12
>>
>>971975
>>971959
>>971959
*Cat eye, fucking auto correct
>>
>>971949
your phone.
>>
>>971977
Which Cateye did you get?

>>971983
Where would I put it? That would kill the battery of it. I want to be able to look down and see the speed/time/etc not just have my phone in my backpack and see it at the end of the ride
>>
File: FCM13W[1].jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FCM13W[1].jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>971949
Whichever you get I strongly recommend against this wireless union one,all 3 we mounted in our shop plus my one.
They randomly spazz out and go the the max speed (199kph,fuck off SI autist)
>>
What do you guys think of the edge 520 vs the 810? The 810 is only £10 more on wiggle
>>
>>971986
The commuter com10w
>>
>>971987
They don't "randomly" spazz out, it's caused by older wireless models picking up the signal from traffic light sensors embedded at intersections

This is only an issue in some areas, the ones that have a specific type of light sensor
>>
>>971949

Well sigma is fine if you pick the most basic ones.
>>
i got a bog standard schwinn one years ago, like $8, it's still fine.

i'm pretty sure any cheap one you get will do what you want.

>>971986
>Where would I put it? That would kill the battery of it. I want to be able to look down and see the speed/time/etc not just have my phone in my backpack and see it at the end of the ride

i also use cyclemeter on ios. you can set it to audibly announce whatever stats you want whenever you want it, e.g. every mile/minute/etc announce your current speed/pace/distance/etc. it's super fucking customizable.
>>
>>972005
So do you leave the phone in a backpack or mount it to your handlebars
>>
>>972013
in my backpack, connected to a bluetooth speaker.
>>
>>971999
Yes exactly;random
>>
>>971987
>199 Kilo Pascal-Henry
>pressure and electrical inductance

You need to stop.
>>
>>972030
Can I offer you some Schwalbe Pro One professional bike tires while we're shitposting?
>>
Guys I just found this computer on Amazon that actually gets decent reviews, has a lot of options and doesn't look like crap either. Might just be Chinese crap though

What do you think?

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Fineed-Wireless-Speedometer-Waterproof/dp/B01FUDS4RW/
>>
>>971949
I recommend sigma ones. They have plethora of models going from dirt cheap to quite pricey, wired and wireless alike. Solid, no bullshit choice. My older one serves since 2008 and, other than changing the battery once, I had 0 issues.
Cheers.
>>
>>971949
The china crap works perfectly fine if they're wired.
>>
>>971975
>Maybe he wants to easily take it off
The wire attaches to the mount. Not the computer. The computer comes off the mount with a simple twist.
>>971949
I have two of your pic related. They're nice. Cheap, do the job well and all i realy wanted from them was speed and time. The distance and distance delta data is just an extra.

I have thought about that Topeak wireless sensor that connects to you smartphone though. With a bar mount for the phone it'll give speed, cadence and map/GPS on the smartphone screen, and that's an appealing proposition.
Battery life can be a factor on some phone models when they're used for maps. This is why I got myself a dynamo hub with USB charging.
>>
>>972232
I was debating getting a handlebar iPhone mount to use strava or whatever with but that does not seem smart either for the safety of the phone or for battery life of it
>>
>>972307
There are battery packs and pretty well protected cases. Some doubling as gel/bar stashes. I haven't run Strava realtime, but I do run Google maps on longer excursions were I'm not familiar with the roads. It was a bit of a bitch with my old Galaxy Nexus, but the S6 has much better battery life and now I have the dynamo solution. If your iPhone is a recent model it might work well enough.
This doesn't give you cadence of reliable speed, which is why I'd want the Topeak sensor.
>>
Cateye Velo 7
/thread
>>
>>971949
Any suggestions for a cheap speed+cadence computer?
>>
>>972188
>Alienware Cycling Computer
>>
>>972446
What? That isn't Alienware
>>
>>972438
>cadence computer
Literally meme-tier.
>>972526
>not geting the joke
The point is that it's a piece of shit that's made to look cool, and that it looks like an alien thing. Or maybe it's actually good quality, I don't fucking know.
If you want something that you know will be good, get a fucking Cateye.
>>
>>972540
Yeah it looks alien-y because of the green backlights picture. It even has a thermometer which is pretty cool
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.