[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John Prolly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: radivist-996.jpg (1 MB, 996x1240) Image search: [Google]
radivist-996.jpg
1 MB, 996x1240
Is it just me, or is this dude a total fucking sham? I know he's a cycling "connoisseur," but fuck man, he literally gets all of his recognition for not doing shit. He doesn't do any of the huge, long ass gravel rides in California, he probably isn't in fucking shape at all. tl;dr casting the image of some well versed, well trained cyclist but is just a total richfag, and a dick to boot. This is the cancer that is killing cycling.
>>
I have no idea who the fuck that is.
Just go out and ride your bike.
>>
He is the owner of the radavist.com, a total hipster shit cycling blog where people who can't really ride take pictures of their overly expensive gear.
>>
>>969615
And why do we care?

>people who can't really ride
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
>>
>>969626
well, sure. somebody who's main focus when riding is taking sweet pictures of their sweet gear and looking 'cool' on a bike, gets super fucking rich. doesn't do anything for the cycling community here, doesn't put on events, doesn't help with anything like that, but collects a shitload of money from his shit blog. Nobody should care.
>>
>>969641
I don't care, and i don't see why you do. If nobody cared you wouldn't have a problem with him. You wouldn't have heard of him.

It's not like your attitude is doing any wonders for any kind of 'cycling community' either.
Now go out and ride your bike and stop giving a fuck.
>>
i met him at leroica.
He's pretty much a stylish bike fag with business smarts and a nice camera.
He can ride and does enjoy the hobby, but he definitely gargles the establishmed industries cum for sake of promotion.
The only nice part of his site are the rare and unique bike photoshoots.
>>
all the hipsters started hating him since he threw beer on lars van der haar at cross vegas and all the super prestige guys said there was some fucking asshole throwing beer on the riders and it was him
>>
>>969694
I thought all the hipsters loved him.
>>
>>969694
that's hilarious, i just read about that and how he was unspet that everyone was mad at him. He's a total bitch boy. I know, i will stop dwelling on his stupid shit and ride my bike but i'm out for a couple weeks with a broken collarbone. Just trying to keep myself entertained
>>
>>969612
Cycling is dead, most people who are into it now have killed it by being tryhard faggots.
>>
>>969612
prolly yes
>>
>>969615
http://internationale.teamjva.com/travel/
>>
>>969614

This. Hipsters gonna hip. Just one more group of people on the list that I'm getting away from when I ride.
>>
>>969695
no
hipsters love cyclocross and they all see all the zany pictures of US cyclocross of assholes that like to ride around the course naked and cross dress and shit and act all "wild and crazy" but the euro guys never seen that shit and then some top level CX guys come over to the US to do some promotional race called crossvegas and john prolly was surfing too much interwebs and saw all wild and crazy CX is and thought it would be "dope" to throw beer on the riders but the euro guys said they were a buncha assholes (they are) and now hipsters see that the SUPER COOL CX guys aren't into being all "wild and crazy" so they turned on John Prolly (don't wanna be uncool to euro guys11!!) and started tumblering and bloggerinoing his dumbass for tryin to be cool but wound up bein like totally uncool
>>
>>969612

Never heard of her.
>>
This guy is from very close to my home town, before the Radavist he ran a fgfs blog called prollyisnotprobably or some shit. He used to be really fucking out of shape but seems to have actually slimmed down a bit, the hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of free bikes that people send him probably helped.
>>
>>969615
>overly expensive gear
>shitty refurbed rigid steel mountain bikes, the occasional custom painted bottom tier brand road bike
Hipster trash he is, richfag exclusive he isnt.
>>
>>969810
That was the most autistic thing i have ever read, but actually a fairly succinct account of what happened
>>
>>970974
So basically he got outed as a poseur? Not that the hipster shits aren't poseurs, but they're at least involved with CX enough to know the difference between hipster CX and Euro CX. And a poseur will turn on another poseur if it means there's a risk of themselves getting outed.
>>
>>969612
Is that GDR rain camo? Disgusting.
>>
He's a bit of everything that's wrong with contemporary cycling.

Ride jah bike
>>
Is this another one of those "anyone who isn't a crabbon aero fred cosplaying as Team Movistar isn't acceptable to me" threads?

I automatically approve of this "John Prolly", whoever he is. He seems like a decent guy.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.