[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trigger's Broom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: 4472 resized.jpg (147 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
4472 resized.jpg
147 KB, 1024x683
Posting here because 1chan is still down.
Flying Scotsman at Bo'ness a few weeks ago.
>>
>>966230
Post more, son.
>>
File: 4472 2 resized.jpg (144 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
4472 2 resized.jpg
144 KB, 1024x683
>>966249
Well, since you ask nicely...
>>
Flying Scotsman and Morayshire (another Gresley design) together.
>>
Taken from further back, you can see how big the crowds were. Flying Scotsman wasn't even running, but the Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway were charging £5 a head for platform tickets just to see her on static display.
>>
File: wall photo.jpg (145 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
wall photo.jpg
145 KB, 1024x683
I love this shot, which also includes a Bagnall Austerity tank engine. Very 1950s/60s BR. Wierdly, this station was never a BR station. It was built by the SRPS on what had been harbour sidings. The original Bo'ness station was further along the line. No trace of it now exists.
>>
>>966308
Good shot. Miss 1chan a lot.
>>
>>966230
>>966249
>>966304
>>966306
>>966308

That's Bo'ness!

Scotfag?
>>
You Brits are lucky! Us Americans don't have heritage railways. Let alone working steam engines to run them. The best one I've ever been to is the Strasburg Railroad. Arguably the best in the U.S. and you probably think it rubbish!
>>
>>966507
>Us Americans don't have heritage railways
Are you retarded? There are shit loads of heritage railroads in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heritage_railroads_in_the_United_States
>>
Temporary 1Chan is up https://8ch.pl/1chan/
>>
>>966522
Fuck you ham.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
>>
No thanks I don't do dudes. Also what you want to do with a horse is your business leave me out of it.
>>
File: Amethyst resized.jpg (123 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Amethyst resized.jpg
123 KB, 1024x683
>>966366
Yes. Sort of. That is to say, I'm English (from Yorkshire originally), but I live in Scotland. Of course Flying Scotsman herself was built in Yorkshire.
>>
File: royal scotsman resized.jpg (147 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
royal scotsman resized.jpg
147 KB, 1024x683
>>966366
Bo'ness seems to be turning into an MPD for main line railtours these days. The Belmond Royal Scotsman was in at the same time as the Flying one. I believe Colas use Bo'ness as a shed for main line operations as well.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.