[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pretty good deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: galaxy_xi_org_2100.jpg (790 KB, 2100x1212) Image search: [Google]
galaxy_xi_org_2100.jpg
790 KB, 2100x1212
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/dawes/lt_sport_al_xiii.htm
Hey, /n/, so I'm picking up a road bike. I'm 5'-5" and I don't plan on taking it off-road. Is this a good bike for its price? I'm trying to stay under $250 if possible. I would be getting the small 46cm one in orange.
>>
Post your local Craigslist

That bike would work but it's kind of a last resort
>>
>>964862
the question of a good new road bike for the price of less than $250 is a tricky one, because it's not a good bike, and nothing in that range is, so it's hard to say whats better or worse.

like nobody here can really determine what all the shimano shit below claris-tier is worth.. because it's like... what even is that?
>>
>>964862
bro you gotta understand /n/s a slow moving board, you posted about this in /bbg/ and got some answers. go with the dawes, it's got wider tires but is otherwise the same bike.
lurk moar and learn to be patient
>>
>>964862
This bike is really awful, if you brought it into my shop to true the wheels or anything like that... I'd tell you to go somewhere else because its not worth it
>>
If you plan on going the bikes direct route, check out bike island. They sell the bikes that get scratched and scuffed when BD ships them in.
I don't know if it's still there, but they had a single speed with a Reynolds 520 frame for fucking cheap a while back.
>>
>>964862

For that price I'd buy a single speed, because stem shifters suck, the crankset sucks, etc.

Basically every part of this bike is the cheapest, lowest-quality it can be to meet your price point

If you are a true noob and won't be hitting hills where you like, get a Kilo single speed bike from the same site. Then use the extra money to get some good tires and a better saddle
>>
>>964862
It's basically a GMC Denali.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.