[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eastern European cyclist general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Zdenek-Stybar.jpg (48 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
Zdenek-Stybar.jpg
48 KB, 600x380
Are we seeing a changing of the guard? Western Europeans are getting BTFO. Don't get me started on Colombians too...
>Sagan
>Stybar
>Kwiatkowski
>Taaramäe
>>
>>963175
Just out of curiosity, how do rooskys train without becoming the next trending dashcam video on LiveLeak?

http://observers.france24.com/en/20111004-russia-moscow-builds-first-bike-path-obstacle-course-bicycle-cycling-university-video-photo
>>
>>963175
Who you've listed are all good cyclists (where is Majka??) but it doesn't change the fact that the:
>Giro won by Nibali (ITA)
>Tour of Cali won by Alaphilippe (FRA)
>Paris-Nice won by Thomas (GBR)
>Paris-Roubaix wony by Hayman (AUS)

the only somewhat renound UCI event that this year has been won by a Eastern European was the Tour of Flanders by Sagan, who heaps of people regard as being a top cyclist anyway, not really a change of guard in regards.
>>
>>963344
Like everyone else. They most likely don't train on the busy streets where they're more likely to be hit by a cage. Also if they're any good they're going to spend a lot of time on Mallorca, Canary Islands, or wherever their team happens to go for training camps.
>>
Stybar and Taaramäe are notorious underperformers. This giro, 4 out of 21 stages were won by riders from outside of Western Europe, so it's still way too early to speak of a changing of the guard. It's only logical that as these countries become richer and get better roads (this isn't a necessity, Belgium arguably has the worst roads of whle Western Europe), cycling becomes more popular and so does bike racing.
>>
>>963347
Yeah, because roads in Czechia or Slovakia have always been like those in Mongolia, you retard.
>>
>>963345
>where is Majka??
At Sky (aka Dope Central) so expect him to dominate TdF.
>>
>Sagan
He is a fucking clown
>>
>>963375
Is that where he's off to? I've started to follow him more after his stage win last year and I really liked his Giro this year (up with the GC guys but honest about him not quite being there with Nibali/Valverde etc) and I'm excited to see where he goes from here.

hope he doesn't dope TOO much but we all know Nibali probably got an extra kick at this Giro if you know what I mean
>>
File: sptdw0171_670.jpg (63 KB, 670x446) Image search: [Google]
sptdw0171_670.jpg
63 KB, 670x446
>>963402
pic related a great Majka/Quintana one
>>
File: 1386708812788.jpg (228 KB, 1024x921) Image search: [Google]
1386708812788.jpg
228 KB, 1024x921
>>963175
no, since the Soviet era there have been cyclists from Eastern Europe doing well, this is nothing new, likewise Colombians have been racing well for a while.

>>963345
>unironcially comparing ToC to PN, PR and the Giro
>mfw

those races are nowhere near on the same level you dingus

>>963375
Majka and Kwiat are not the same rider
>>
File: 1333825386443.jpg (14 KB, 471x320) Image search: [Google]
1333825386443.jpg
14 KB, 471x320
>there are people who watch other people ride bikes on TV
>there are people who actually can tell apart those people who ride bikes on TV
>there are people who know their names
>>
for >>963392 (You)
>>
>>963419
>Majka and Kwiat are not the same rider
Are you telling me I got them confused AGAIN?
>>
>>963424
What of it?
>>
>>963435
their styles/strengths/niches are way different...
>>
>>963375
Majka rides for Tinkoff.
>>
>>963606
Apparently.
He did pretty good at Giro, but it wasn't like the top 3 was in within his grasp, tho.
>>
File: sptdw4134.jpg (185 KB, 1800x1198) Image search: [Google]
sptdw4134.jpg
185 KB, 1800x1198
I had high hopes for Zakarin on this Giro. Shame he crashed so hard.
>>
>>963347
MERCKX
E
R
C
K
X
>>
>>963367
I'm not saying they were unrideable, I'm saying that they got better for cyclists like in most European countries. Even Moscou is building bike lanes now (even though it looks unusable).
>>
>>963668
he got 5th, that's not really much worse. His uphill TT wasn't as good as it could have been
>>
>>963812
Yeah.
Still, best Polak since several decades. I really hope he and Kwiatek are going to show up good (not to undermine the likes of Poljanski, Szmyd back in the day, Niemec, but they're just helpers and not team leaders).
Anyway, my favourite for the TdF is going to be Sagan - this nigga is sick skilled and fun to watch.
>>
There's definitely more internationalization happening in cycling. Not just with Eastern Europe, but also South America is producing some nice cyclists. Used to be professional cyclism was a very Western European thing with most riders being from Belgium, France, Italy, Spain - where most legendary races are still being held.

Eastern Europe needs more World Tour stages desu. Rather see one raced in Russia or Poland than Qatar or Oman

>tfw flemish
>tfw only have flatland and all our cyclist specialize in classics/single day races/cobbles
>tfw our last Grand Tour GC win dates from 1978

at least we still have based Eddy Merckx, the most dominant athlete in any sport ever
>>
>>963729
well it's true with bike paths but we all know that bike paths and professional road cycling don't have much in common, right
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.