[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mtb = trail niggers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1431420933940.webm (360 KB, 369x289) Image search: [Google]
1431420933940.webm
360 KB, 369x289
http://www.imaja.com/as/environment/mvarticles/MountainBikeEffects.html

>The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- Why Off-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited (1997)
tl;dr mountain bikes directly and indirectly kill animals, annoy hikers and generally destroy nature
Extrapolate your opinions.
>>
>we should be working to reduce all human access to wildlife habitat

The author is mostly on an anti-human rant and especially likes mountain biking, I don't really see anything to discuss.
>>
Get fucked
>>
>>961002
>implying there's anything wrong with conservationism
There isn't. I particularly agree with this point "Parks are supposed to be a refuge from the crush of humanity and the noise, danger, and artificiality of urban areas"
>>
>>961005
The stance that any human contact is bad is not conservationism.
>>
>>961006
>recent research, and the huge scale of current recreation activities, have discredited this idea. "Traditionally, observing, feeding, and photographing wildlife were considered to be 'nonconsumptive' activities because removal of animals from their natural habitats did not occur.... nonconsumptive wildlife recreation was considered relatively benign in terms of its effects on wildlife; today, however, there is a growing recognition that wildlife-viewing recreation can have serious negative impacts on wildlife" (Knight & Gutzwiller, p.257).
it is a fact
>>
Whatever
>>
>>961008
Well, I hope you never leave urban areas then. Think of the wildlife.
>>
File: iStock_000001642924Large.jpg (1 MB, 1728x1152) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000001642924Large.jpg
1 MB, 1728x1152
>>961000
checked

Bikers aren't generally a problem to the trails unless they're retards that insist on riding in the mud and mashing it up because they derive some sick pleasure of having to thoroughly wash themselves and their bikes after every ride and ruining the trails for everyone else.

The real scourge are the horsefuckers and quad riders. Fuck those cunts, they deserve death.
>>
Seems like the biggest opposition to mountain bikers are rich douchebags who want the trails just for riding their horses.
>>
>>961041
even gypsies have horses
>>
File: horse damage.jpg (142 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
horse damage.jpg
142 KB, 800x600
Yeah mountain bikes do so much damage to trails. Because everybody knows mountain bikers have the least regard for trail conditions
>>
>>961048
Unless you herd cattle, you shouldn't own a horse. And if you do, and take it out on trails, you are a massive fucking faggot who should stop being lazy and get a bike.
>>
>>961000

If these faggots actually cared they would ban horses. I used to be one of those jackasses who maintains trails and the horseback riders did way more damage in a week than the mtb guys could in a year.
>>
>>961000
>1997
wew lad
>>
>>961038
>retards that insist on riding in the mud and mashing it up because they derive some sick pleasure of having to thoroughly wash themselves and their bikes after every ride and ruining the trails for everyone else.
That's a lot of words when you could have just said "mountain bikers"
>>
>>961055

Fathorses would do less damage.
>>
>>961345
I know guys who ride bicycles in the mountains and avoid doing that. What would you call them?
>>
>>961213
This. Horses are basically 4 pegs with more than 1200lbs behind them that fucking shred trails if they are remotely wet

Also read it and weep horsefags:

www.americantrails.org/resources/ManageMaintain/WKeenImpacts.html
>>
>>961038

>Waiting for trails to be dry to ride

It sure is pleb Californian in here.
>>
File: 1399185996404.gif (300 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1399185996404.gif
300 KB, 853x480
>>964431
>>Waiting for trails to be dry to ride
>It sure is pleb Californian in here.

more like waiting for trails to be extinguished, amirite
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.