[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really haven't seen a thread about these. I'm more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 24
I really haven't seen a thread about these. I'm more interested in gas bikes but electric ones can be cool too I guess. Open to mopeds(under 50cc) too.
>>
>>>/o/
>>
>>956944
You haven't seen a thread about them because they're shitty and dangerous and inferior in every way to a small motorcycle scooter or moped, is why. If you must: >>>/o/ >>>/diy/
>>
File: CBR250R3.jpg (335 KB, 2000x1275) Image search: [Google]
CBR250R3.jpg
335 KB, 2000x1275
>>956944
If motoring on the MUP is what you want to do, or you have managed to score your third DUI, these might slip past the law for a while. Electrics are much more discrete and not getting busted again is the design goal. Otherwise a small real motorcycle is superior in every way.
>pic related: no good on the highway, fun and practical everywhere else
>>disks might be a good idea, and fucking lights
>>>/o/
>>
>>956962
/thread
OP is a fag
>>
>>956962
>>957030
>>957054
>>957056
You retards are cancer. Check the rules. Mopeds and motorcycles are not automobiles, therefore they are allowed here.
>>
>>957086
>/o/ - Auto
>All motor vehicle pictures are allowed.
>ALL
>MOTOR
>VEHICLES
Get fucked.
>>
>>957088
>/n/ - Transportation
>All sorts of transportation pictures and discussion welcome
>Please keep automobiles on the auto board
Fuck off cancer. Motorcycles are motor vehicles that are not automobiles, therefore by the rules are allowed on both. Even going by board culture mopeds fit far better in /n/ than /o/. Next thing you'll be saying that ebike threads should go to /o/.
>>
>>957089
It has always been the case that if a more specific board includes something, it belongs there and not in the larger more generalized board.

Also a motorcycle is an automobile.
>>
>>957092
>motorcycles are cars
>ebikes belong on the car board
absolutelyretarded.jpg
>>
>>957095
>motorcycles are cars
Motorcycles are automobiles
>>
File: Novolette-moped.jpg (514 KB, 1842x1272) Image search: [Google]
Novolette-moped.jpg
514 KB, 1842x1272
>>957096
Exactly, motorcycles are cars. That is what you said, and what I repeated, and what you repeated again.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/automobile?s=t
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=automobile+definition

Here, since you're so retarded, have a "car" pic.
>>
File: tesla.jpg (50 KB, 625x353) Image search: [Google]
tesla.jpg
50 KB, 625x353
>>957099
>a passenger vehicle designed for operation on ordinary roads
A motorcycle is an automobile

>typically having four wheels and a gasoline or diesel internal-combustion engine.
Or according to you, Teslas aren't automobiles, since they don't have gasoline internal combustion engines, even though they have 4 wheels and are self-propelled.

>of or relating to automobiles; automotive
>propelled by a self-contained motor, engine, or the like
A motorcycle

This is literally you being retarded and thinking automobile means car.

Here, since you're so retarded, have a "motorcycle" pic.
>>
File: Honda_Hobbit.jpg (859 KB, 1812x2028) Image search: [Google]
Honda_Hobbit.jpg
859 KB, 1812x2028
>>957101
>have a "motorcycle" pic
Nope, try again, cancerous retard. Get your car pic out of here.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/motorcycle?s=t
(Btw motorcycles are typically not passenger vehicles.)

Posting more "car" pics for you, since you like them so much.
>>
File: Moped1.png (315 KB, 699x511) Image search: [Google]
Moped1.png
315 KB, 699x511
>>
File: Riga-moped.jpg (546 KB, 2046x1446) Image search: [Google]
Riga-moped.jpg
546 KB, 2046x1446
>>
>>957104
>>957106
Can't help it if you're this buttblasted and retarded. You keep making up definitions that simply don't exist.
>>
I like this "car" the best.
>>
>>957109
>definitions provided by google and dictionaries simply don't exist
kek
>>
>>957111
Please show where it says automobile is car. It says an automobile typically has 4 wheels. An atypical one may not have 4 wheels. The best you can come up with is "motorcycles aren't passenger vehicles"

Guess what, most people driving cars don't carry passengers, and most motorcycles come with a passenger seat. The definitions provided by google exist, the ones you make up, don't.
>>
File: ice_bicycle_1.jpg (72 KB, 830x495) Image search: [Google]
ice_bicycle_1.jpg
72 KB, 830x495
>>957113
You see my post waaaay back up at >>957099? It contains a link. Specifically, this link:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=automobile+definition
Please follow the link.

In the meantime, "cars" for the "car" god!
>>
File: ice_bicycle_2.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ice_bicycle_2.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>
File: woman-on-electric-bike.jpg (42 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
woman-on-electric-bike.jpg
42 KB, 400x267
(She doesn't need to wear a helmet because she's actually driving a "car".)
>>
>>957114
Is English your third language and you don't know what the word "typically" means? Are you saying an automobile has to have an internal combustion engine?
>>
File: ice_bicycle_3.jpg (99 KB, 584x387) Image search: [Google]
ice_bicycle_3.jpg
99 KB, 584x387
>>957117
I see you have not yet followed the link! Google won't bite, y'know.

No matter, more "cars"!
>>
>>957119
So you don't know what typically means.
>>
File: automobile_definition_t_google.png (25 KB, 825x412) Image search: [Google]
automobile_definition_t_google.png
25 KB, 825x412
>>957121
Since you insist on not viewing the link, I will bring the link to you! Enjoy!
>>
File: ghetto ride.jpg (69 KB, 640x469) Image search: [Google]
ghetto ride.jpg
69 KB, 640x469
So does my automobile qualify for /n/, or must I get a moped?
>Captcha: Select all images with cars
>>
>>957126
Well it's not a car... It doesn't fit in this thread though, since it's not a motorized bike either. You'd need to make another one for ghetto rides n shit.
>>
>>956944
If you don't have tools and patience to learn, is a bad idea to have a mosquito like yours.

If you decide to use a mosquito, there are some stuff you have to care about, at least in the place i live:
-get a front suspension fork for safier rides against path's imperfections (because you will travel faster than a normal bike ride)
-get at least a Shimano Br-m375 as front brake and at least a shitty metalic brake levers (WinZip will do for a while, deore wired levers are cheap, reliable and powerful)
-Upgrade both rims to aluminium double walled, they are cheap, more reliable than single walled ones, tougher and hard to put off-centre. there are important stuff when your are using at least one v-brake (rear) and using a bike Wheel for something more than a bike ride.
-get a Little bag with tools and tubes
-get a good lock
-get reflective shit and lights
>>
File: google.png (18 KB, 695x357) Image search: [Google]
google.png
18 KB, 695x357
>>957123
>>
>>957123
>>957129
Okay, I am now kinda mad at google. Car is still listed as a synonym though.
>>
>>957130
A synonym only has to mostly match the one of the definitions. Since an automobile is typically a car, typically, car is a synonym for automobile. Synonym does not mean a word has an exactly identical definition or usage. Only that they have some degree of interchangeability. In most cases someone would use the word automobile, they could say almost the same thing using car.
>>
>>957089
>Even going by board culture mopeds fit far better in /n/ than /o/.
No they don't fucktard
>Next thing you'll be saying that ebike threads should go to /o/.
This isn't new, we've always fucking said motorcycles belong on /o/
>>957095
He said automobile he didn't say car, fucktard
>>
>>957132
The problem is this:

https://www.google.ca/#q=automobile+definition&gws_rd=cr
https://www.google.com.au/#q=automobile+definition&gws_rd=cr

Definitions of the same word, both of North American derivation, both given in English, yet different for different countries. What the fuck, google?
>>
File: rolling-hatin.jpg (80 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
rolling-hatin.jpg
80 KB, 750x600
>>957126
>implying motorized bike not ghetto
>>
>>957134
>ebikes are motorcycles
I know that anon with the illegally powerful one qualifies, but really?
>>
File: australians.png (52 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
australians.png
52 KB, 919x737
>>957135
>>
>>957139
More:

https://www.google.co.nz/#q=automobile+definition&gws_rd=cr
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=automobile+definition&gws_rd=cr

It's literally every English speaking country outside North America.
>>
>>957140
You do realize that the USA is 3 times as big as you guys combined, right?
>>
File: electric_bicycle_1.jpg (210 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
electric_bicycle_1.jpg
210 KB, 1000x563
>>957143
Whoops, forgot Ireland.

https://www.google.ie/#q=automobile+definition&gws_rd=cr

>you do realize that the USA is 3 times as big as you guys combined, right?
T-two and a half times. S-shut up!
>>
File: smite+button.jpg (15 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
smite+button.jpg
15 KB, 400x304
>>957145
E-bikes have 20lb battery, but they don't have any lights. Muh grams, poorfag, or is there some aesthetic reason I'm not seeing?
>>
>>957150
It's probably because some are converted from regular bicycles, and some are purpose built.
>>
heres mine lemme see if i can get a better shot, battery lasts like 7 hours
>>
>>957145
>racing tier equipment
>on a flat bar road bike
>on an e bike
>>
>>958465
Considering it will be going much faster than an unassisted bike it makes sense to have decent components (not really sure what parts you consider "racing tier"). Also flat bars give greater control, and when you have a motor helping out getting a more aero position isn't as important.
>>
>>958460

heres another one

grocery shopping cause you dont leave your bike outside for more than 5 mins in NYC
>>
>>958482
you proceed to counter my argument with one set of logics, and then counter the other part of my arguement with conflicting logics.

>it's going faster so racing is faster hur dur
>it's going faster so you don't need aero hur dur

when in reality, racing equipment is usually less durable than lower grade "enthusiast" or "hobby" grade components. Also less likely to handle the forces put on it by an electric motor.

The nature of flat bars gives you more control because it engages different muscles and lets you throw around the front end with more leverage. At speed on the road, you're less likely to be throwing around the front end and doing technical maneuvers. Those technical maneuvers also benefit from wider tires to resist side to side motion. The comfort of having a hand position parallel to your body that takes weight off your hands would be more important. A bike like this would also benefit from wider tires, unless it's being used in a place with immaculate streets.
>>
>>958522
Which components are you referring to exactly? Higher end MTB stuff is generally tougher and better performing, brakes and wheel components for example, which would be better for the higher speeds and greater forces that an assisted bike would see. I don't see anything on that bike that would be too weak.

Concerning the bars, wider bars also make it easy to keep the bike straight even on smooth ground. Not only is the leverage greater but your hands also need to move a lot more to turn the wheel, thus the steering is less twitchy.

I don't know the exact width of those tyres and whilst they're not super fat they're also not that skinny, there's enough shock absorption there for reasonably smooth roads (not everyone lives in a shit hole country with gravel roads) and with the correct inflation pressure the grip would be adequate too.
>>
File: DSC_3555.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3555.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Haven't ridden it in a while due to getting an unassisted replacement for commuting. Might up the power for the summer holidays and take it off road more.
>>
>>958533
>too weak
crabon fork
>>
>>958539
If you're serious, no. If you're trying to troll, try harder.
>>
>>956944
I had one of these kits. I put it on an old beach cruiser. For what they are, they are pretty fun, but the advertisements tap dance around the quality, reliability and milage.

When I first unboxed mine, I was not surprised at the quality and fitment of the parts- it all was shit tier. So I went about match porting everything to increase efficiency. You don't need to be exact either, just have access to a metal file and a dremel.

The gas cap is utter shit, so replace the seal right away, unless you want gas/oil mix dripping all over your legs and cock.

Use a front fender. Keep sand and rocks off your sweet Chinese motor.

The chain has a strange tensioner, shitty mechanism. Consider upgrading this right away to a quality item from a downhill bike or something that uses a metal derailleur wheel. In your picture, it bolts to the lower stay, but even after short riding, that piece of shit will slip and begin to throw off the chain alignment, which will fuck up the gear mounted on the motor. It would be far superior to mount the tensioner on the stay that comes from the top of the seat tube to the dropout.

You will not get as nearly as much milage as claimed. Prepare to mix gas/oil often.

Going up hills, it would be best to pedal assist, as these engines don't make much torque.
>>
File: Anonymous Delivers.jpg (88 KB, 854x770) Image search: [Google]
Anonymous Delivers.jpg
88 KB, 854x770
>>958542
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.