[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the future of helmet mounted cameras for commuters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Cube_360_action_cam.jpg (68 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Cube_360_action_cam.jpg
68 KB, 1000x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53CKNzujrk&feature=youtu.be
>>
Boy that is one narrow bike path
>>
>>956329
No better than being on the sidewalk the way it opens you to being right hooked.
>>
>>956330
People get right hooked on that bike path everyday. :(
>>956329
Well, yeah, it's in the middle of a big city, in a third world country. People throw a tantrum when even small bike paths are built.
>>
>>956322
HOW
O
W
>>
>>956336
http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_334095.html
>>
>>956337
But how does it work?
>>
>>956338
I have no idea. I'm guessing it's basically a very wide angle lens that let's you export the video in a very flashy format that lets you "pan & scan" 360 degrees.
>>
>>956338
>>956340
Whoa
Samsung has a 360 camera but it has a lens on two sides. I can't see how this is possible...
>>
>>956338
>>956340
>>956416

It's bullshit.

If you look at the specs it's described as "360 x 190 degrees", so, a little bit more than a hemisphere of coverage.

Technically it could see all the way around you if you pointed it straight up or down, but you'd be getting mostly sky/ground and not much useful video in any lateral direction.

It's not really any different from a conventional fisheye, aside from perhaps being a bit more affordable.

You would indeed need two of these to really see in every direction, in any practical sense.
>>
looks cool
>>
>>956488
Is OP's video using the camera linked / that you're talking about?

Because that seems like pretty practical and 360 degree footage to me...
>>
I had a lot of fun watching that video on my smartphone. The gyroscope sensor moves the view when you point or tilt the rear face of your phone in a new direction.
>>
>>956500
I was looking at the product link, I have doubts that OP video was shot with that camera. Not with one of them, anyway.

If you look, though, it was clearly shot with something that has two lens elements- you can see the seam if you look to the side, and the missing part of the rider's head/helmet.
>>
camera's cause accidents we don't need more camera's on bikes.
>>
>>956521
>camera's
its cameras u fag
>>
>>956521
>Cameras cause me to get caught for causing accidents, I don't need more cameras on bikes.
FTFY
>>
>>956505
Same, I have Smartphone VR glasses and was good enough
>>
>>956336
>>956338
>>956340

Figure out how the mounting works and go from there. It appears to be mounted on the top of his helmet, and you can see a seam.
>>
>>956500
I just found out that it wasn't. It was shot using two separate kodak action cameras and joined using some program. Sorry for misleading you, my niggas.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.