[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth the money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
A "new" spanish brand. It costs 449 euros. Even if it is a Claris groupset I think it could be a good first road bike.
Thoughts?

www clootbike com/bicicletas-carretera-oferta
>>
File: 8cd54189ff0fa1efef5408cd1d8.jpg (27 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
8cd54189ff0fa1efef5408cd1d8.jpg
27 KB, 948x711
>Horquilla Aluminio Premium Aligerado INTEGRADO, 1-1/8"x360mm
>>
>>954883
Buy used instead.
$500 US should get you a well known and respected brand bike with a combo of Tiagra + 105 components.

When you want to sell it and upgrade, it will still be worth something.
Claris is bottom of the barrel and you'd be throwing your money away.

>CLOOT
What a terrible fucking name.
>>
>>954894
It's pronounced cloh-oht, heathen
>>
>>954894
Yes... the problem with buying something used is that most of the times you can't be sure about if you are making the good decison. You can try the bike before buying it, but maybe the previous owner just made a quick fix and you find out that you need to replace some of the components.

Any other cheap brand? But with a good relation price/quality?
>>
>>954897
Canyon
>>
>>954894
>Buy used instead.
Can collecting borderline bag lady neet detected. Have fun with your forty year old tenspeed boat anchor and keep this used bike meme alive.
>>
>>954897
Get a CAAD
Cannondale advanced aluminum design
A 10 or 9 if possible. 8s are for freds without wallets
>>
>>954904
I am. It's great.
>>
>>954897

As >>954902 said, take a look at Canyon. Take advantage of the fact that you live in the EU, and shipping is dirt cheap, plus your goverment wont rape you with taxes and shit. I paid 300us for shipping to my Southamerican shithole + ~30% in taxes and even then I got an incredible deal on my Inflite AL.
>>
Looks like a name they would slap on a bike in Yowapedal in place of using SCOTT desu senpai.
>>
>>954897
There's Merlin
http://road.cc/content/review/134131-merlin-performance-road-pr7

And B'Twin
http://road.cc/content/review/156193-btwin-triban-520
>>
>>954883
eh i started riding on a super off brand bike

"gavin" was the brand

the components might be the same but the frames most def are not.

if you're broke, that nashbar carbon frameset for $499 is a steal
>>
>>955123
>And B'Twin
>http://road.cc/content/review/156193-btwin-triban-520

This, I have a Triban 3, It cost me 400 euro, now has more than 2.000km without a single adjustment or failure. The new triban cost the same 400 euro, and it's basically the same as my triban 3, except the colour scheme and a different fork.

The bike is really nice for the price, probably one of the best entry level bikes at that price range, it does not feel cheap, the handling is good, the looks are ok, and the frame is bombproof with unlimited warranty, I have seen people doing long distance touring with the bike with zero problems. The only bad thing about the bike are the wheels, they are heavy as fuck with tons of spokes, so at least you don't have to true the wheels often.

I would recommend decathlon bikes, they are really good for the price if you don't mind showing a shitty brand name on the frame.
>>
>>955101
In the manga they all have the proper names. I'm not sure why they have those knock-off names in the anime.

I think Bepsi is still Bepsi though
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.