[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyperloop test
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: hyperloop-technologies.jpg (66 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
hyperloop-technologies.jpg
66 KB, 625x469
Today Elon Musk test the Hyperloop in Neveda !!!

Nobody talks about ??
>>
Nobody talks about transportation here. They talk about bikes instead.
>>
>>
>>954804
The bicycle cancer has to go.
>>
Nev-add-a
>>
>>954806
Stop complaining and start discussing things that interest you instead.
>>
More like the maymayloop amarite
>>
>>954817
Well, we got /qst/ out of /tg/, there's a chance we can get bikes out of /n/. It would really be helpful for all parties involved.
>>
>>954833
I don't really mind either way, but /n/ is pretty much dead without the bikes. I notice there's still no on topic discussion going on in this thread.
>>
>>
>>954817
I've got 5 threads on here, they won't let me make any more.
>>
File: 1449283066000.jpg (778 KB, 1285x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449283066000.jpg
778 KB, 1285x1200
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/05/11/477645103/elon-musks-hyperloop-dream-is-about-to-have-its-1st-public-demo
>>
"Test"
>>
>>954801
They didn't at all test hyperloop. Stop being wrong about something that is already severely overhyped.
>>
>"ELON MUSK"
>haha, XD, this is going to be awesome
>"ELON MUSK"
>oh wow, what is the 'Hyperloop"??
>ELON MUSK"
>oh my god such an amazing idea, train and carfags btfo again XDDD Upboat pls
>"ELON MUSK"
>gonna masturbate to his own ideas again he's so smart
>>
I can't wait for Musk to launch an EBike company.
>>
How do they plan to manage heat dissipation in a near vacuum? Will they design the thing like a satellite with a similar price tag?
>>
>>955288
They have no idea. They aren't dealing in reality, just conjecturous, fanciful bullshit.
>>
>>955288
by reducing the amount of friction
>>
>>955392
of people moving around in their seats?
>>
>>954806
>implying the take up all the space on a 10 post per day board
>>
>>955288
Evaporative cooling? I don't think carrying some water onboard would be much of an issue.
>>
>>955519
And thereby ruining the near vacuum that was so energy intensive to establish?
>>
>>955523
It'd be easy enough to add condensers to maintain the vacuum.
>>
>>955528
You really don't know how evaporation and condensation work and how they're related to pressure, do you?
>>
>>955529
Cryopumps. The problem is that it's stupidly expensive and a reliability nightmare
>>
>>955558
Well they plan to have the pressure in the tubes down to a mere 100 pascals. The triple point of water is at 611.657 pascals. So liquid water doesn't exist there anymore.
>>
>>955288

They boil an onboard water/steam tank, and dump the steam at a station.
>>
>>955912
Uh-huh...
Any estimates as to the size, weight and energy requirements for the heat exchangers, the insulation, the tank and the dump system? Weight estimates possibly in terms of mass fraction of the trains and its distribution? Any words as to system redundancy or back-up plans in case of the system's failure?
>>
I get the feeling that he's just claiming to go for hyperloop while actually trying to build a mass driver.
>>
personally I think hyperloop is the opposite of every reason I love PUBLIC transportation. From everything I read, it will be small pods, maybe only a few people each. It isn't like a train. You can't see it, it will probably be an eyesore. Not to mention it's just a capitalist cash grab.
>>
>>954833
maybe we can make /b/ for bicycles
>>
>>954801
Remember when hovertrains were going to be the future?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VvsxaaFNAs
>>
>>956452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5zuDzS4Dkc
>>
>>954833

/n/ is already one of the slowest boards on 4chan. If it wasn't for the bikes there wouldn't even be enough interest from users to justify /n/ existing at all.

It's the train autists who are freeriding by having their uber-niche hobby generously lumped in with cycling in the broad definition of "transportation", not the other way around.
>>
File: mmmhhmmm.jpg (13 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
mmmhhmmm.jpg
13 KB, 260x194
>>956517
>>
>>955918

Well, I don't know the particulars, but I believe the front compressed air goes through a firetube style tube and shell boiler setup, unless they are going for some PCHE thing. Original plan was using compressed air for levitation by hover pads, and all else exhausted out the back, so blown down to vacuum after the compressor. Idea was to haul the heat of compression in the steam tank to a station to be dumped, to keep the tunnel cooler. Basic boiler and steam tanks are fairly simple with ASME guidelines. I imagine boiler failure results in straight bypass, which nominally heats the tunnel a little more. Dumping is one aspect of station servicing, where they swap battery packs. Frankly, the system hinges more on the compressor working.
>>
>>956517
/n/ and /o/ never should have been spilt.
>>
>>955288
less friction
>>
>>959326
of people moving around in their seats?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.