[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disc brakes banned in Spain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: meme disc.jpg (91 KB, 792x529) Image search: [Google]
meme disc.jpg
91 KB, 792x529
>El Periodico reports that sources within the national cycling federation, the RFEC, have confirmed that they are “absolutely prohibited” both in competition and in “marche ciclotiurista” – sportive rides.

BANNED
A
N
N
E
D
>>
Anyone that denies the innate superiority of disc brakes is a literal fucking downtube.
>>
What a fucking joke.
>>
>>948881
>>948882
>>948885
But they're basically can become giant knives.
>>
>>948887
>muh knives
Hello, Britbong.
>>
>>948887

So can chainrings.
Want to ban those?

This has nothing to do with safety issues. It's purely political.
>>
File: Uk_6dcdac_5646276.jpg (122 KB, 600x803) Image search: [Google]
Uk_6dcdac_5646276.jpg
122 KB, 600x803
>>948890
You wouldn't possibly risk injury to an innocent person with such dangerous weapons would you?
>>
>>948881
>Even if it is discovered once the event has begun [the rider] will be asked to leave for safety reasons
I work in a LBS in Spain (near Barcelona) and I'm laughing my ass off at this. Last month we sold 3 disc-equipped Ghost road bikes and one Conor. So far two of the customers already called the owner in a panic, because now they got a shiny new bike but they can't race.
It's fucking hilarious.

You wanted to have the piece of cake before anyone else. You wanted to impress your cycling mates having disc brakes (look, just like the pros!). You felt so smug when you told your friends you had a disc bike. They are like, so superior, you know? Like, rim brakes are sooo 2015!

And now you call us in the middle of the night, sweating like a pig, asking if we can lend you a bike because the race is next weekend. Of course sir, that will be 80€ + tax for every day you need our non-disc bike!

I'm literally laughing so hard I'm crying.
>>
>>948892
>So can chainrings.
There's disc brakes.
There's chainrings.
Guess which one is simply a fashion statemend,and completely unnecessary.
>>
>>948899
Neither, you fucking downtube. Disc brakes are far superior to rim brakes, and chainrings are necessary for bicycles to function.
>>
>>948899

Neither.
Disc brakes are legitimately better than rim brakes in all conditions, for all purposes.

The UCI seems to think they can ban the march of progress, but what is going to happen eventually is that they are going to get Dropped.

Already a lot of cyclists are refusing to participate in or attend UCI events. The numbers will keep on growing.
>>
>>948904
>Disc brakes are legitimately better than rim brakes in all conditions, for all purposes.
No. V brakes are best for SHTF and 3rd world touring because they are more easy to find replacement parts for. If you disagree then you're a fucking downtube.
>Already a lot of cyclists are refusing to participate in or attend UCI events. The numbers will keep on growing.
And that's a great thing. FUCK UCI
>>
>>948901
Let me put in a different way.
Road bikes have been working really, really well without disc brakes. But they can't work without chainrings.
Do you understand now?
>>
>>948904
>Disc brakes are legitimately better than rim brakes in all conditions, for all purposes.
Maybe if you're fat, slow, never race and don't have a fashion sense.
>Already a lot of cyclists are refusing to participate in or attend UCI events. The numbers will keep on growing.
If you dislike UCI events so much, why are you so butthurt about what they're banning?
>>
>>948907
Yes, I now understand that you're still an absolute fucking downtube. Disc brakes are superior to rim brakes in nearly all situations, the only exception being SHTF and 3rd world shitholes.
>>948911
>Maybe if you're fat, slow, never race and don't have a fashion sense.
You're an even bigger downtube than the other faggot.
>giving a fuck about fashio
Fucking hipster.
>If you dislike UCI events so much, why are you so butthurt about what they're banning?
Because their fucktarded downtube-tier rules fucking affect non-UCI races too, as well as what bicycles are made available by the UCI-catering industry.
>>
>>948882
>>948901
>literally fucking downtube
>fucking downtube
Please, stop trying to force a may-may. It's so awkward that it's embarassing to see.
>>
>>948906
>No. V brakes are best for SHTF and 3rd world touring because they are more easy to find replacement parts for.

Okay. Fair enough.

>>948907

>Road bikes have been working really, really well without disc brakes.

Except in wet conditions, where rim braking performance is compromised.

Bottom line is that you're either objectively wrong or trolling. The idea that brake discs represent a safety hazard in a peloton is utterly laughable.
>>
>>948922
>fucking downtube
Oh, so you're the faggot trying to force your autistic meme. Opinion discarded.
>Disc brakes are superior to rim brakes in nearly all situations, the only exception being SHTF and 3rd world shitholes.
You have only seen disc brakes in pictures on the internet.
>>
>>948925
>The idea that brake discs represent a safety hazard in a peloton is utterly laughable.
To be fair, they do present a safety hazard IF they are only adopted by some riders in the peloton. Because of their increase braking performance, cyclists with disc brakes will not begin to slow down or lean into their turns as early, so it could cause pileups with rim-brake users braking and leaning earlier than disc-brake users.
I'm not arguing with you though. I agree that disc brakes are superior, and I look forward to the day when they are the norm in road racing. However, in mass-start road races, especially high-level mass-start road races, they will pretty much have to be adopted by everyone at the same time. Of course that should work out fine because pro cyclists get new bikes every year for free from their sponsors, and in lower-level races it doesn't matter as much.
>>
>>948925
>V brakes are best for SHTF
Can we discuss best bike carry guns and holsters?
>>
>>948929
I have discs on two of my four bicycles. Fuck off, downtube.
>>
>>948925
>The idea that brake discs represent a safety hazard in a peloton is utterly laughable.
You are objectively retarded.
>>
>>948935
>downtube
Please stop your autism overload.
>>
>>948944
Please stop your down syndrome overload, you fucking downtube.
>>
>>948929
>You have only seen disc brakes in pictures on the internet
Not him, but I have discs (I can go get a pic if you really don't believe me...) and they are wayyyy better.
Squeal in the wet, partly because idgaf about that bike's maintenance, but they still stop a crap load faster...
>>
>>948947
This doesn't even make sense...
>>
>>948947
Stop trying, it won't be a meme. You must be literally retarded, with the social skills of a wet turd.
>>
>>948953
Don't feed the 'Strayan
>>
>>948956
You're a fucking downtube.
>>
>>948897
I-I love you
>>
>>948904
chances are if you like the idea of disc brakes on road bikes you are too much of a shitter to participate in a uci event anyway
>>
>>949039
>being this much of a downtuber
>>
>>948897

>shit tier job
>laughing at people
>>
>>948933
How do you carry on your bike?
>>
You realize disc brakes and v brakes are literally the exact same thing right
>>
>>948899
Why don't they ban chainrings and use belt drives then?
>>
File: columbo-death-jackpot-badge.jpg (62 KB, 1022x578) Image search: [Google]
columbo-death-jackpot-badge.jpg
62 KB, 1022x578
>The rotating guillotine!
I can see it now. Disc breakes used to kill a guy. The new murder weapon. Lost body parts or decapitated.
Mafia: "Accidents happen."
>>
>>949386

UK will ban them next.
>>
>>949045
>job he probably enjoys
>"shit tier" job
Fuck off, downtube.
>>
>>949045
>having a job
>in spain

he has the right to laugh at almost everyone around him
>>
>>949039
How do you explain the many pros who are in favour of disc brakes then?
>>
Hello everyone! I'm here to learn your western culture
>>
>>948887
So can chainrings. Why don't we use belt drives?
>>
>>948887
have you ever caught an appendage in between the chain and a cog, it'd rip it off, but yet a slight burn from a brake rotor is too much the cry baby roadies to handle.
>>
File: WP_20160507_18_00_51_Pro.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160507_18_00_51_Pro.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1840
is it normal for rotors to rub on the edge like this? It does not hit the caliper at all when i spin the wheel so maybe its from the wheel flexing?
>>
File: WP_20160507_18_01_01_Pro.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160507_18_01_01_Pro.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1840
>>953788
front just started doing it too- they are mounted correctly.
>>
>>953788
>>953790
undo your caliper bolts, and squeeze the brake lever as far as it'll go, then tighten the bolts.
also
>BQG
>>
File: WP_20160507_18_01_18_Pro.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160507_18_01_18_Pro.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1840
>>953792
the bqg is dead and its not hitting the braking surface- its hitting the edge.
>>
>>953794
That's just a layer of laquer braking off. It's not from a hit to the edge. If the laquer fills the entire edge it will be subject to contact with the pads as the pads/disc wears. This and thermal stress will cause it to crack and peel off eventually.
>>
>>953794
spin the wheel to see if the disc rotor is bent, then lightly try to bend it back if it's bent.
>>
>>953802
A bent disc or misaligned caliper will never ever cause the edge to contact anything.
>>953801
*breaking off
>>
>>953794

>the bqg is dead

No it's not anon. You already posted this there and received a correct answer, you just didn't like it.
>>
>>948894
Are Hackney police that fucking stupid?
>>
File: squealout.jpg (26 KB, 322x355) Image search: [Google]
squealout.jpg
26 KB, 322x355
does this shit work? my rear brake sounds like a fucking fire engine.
>>
>>954070
There are some things you can do before hand that are free. I've had some success cleaning and sanding the pads and discs. The noise could also be down to the caliper being misaligned or something being loose (check and tighten all bolts on the disc and caliper) or just something inherent to the components you're using.
>>
>>954070
Squeal Out works well as a quick way to clean your rotor and pad - but if the squeal is caused by the rotor being warped, caliper misaligned, or pads nearly worn out or very badly contaminated, obviously it won't solve those issues by itself.
>>
>>954073
>>954074
no bends or warps etc.- about 100 miles on the brakes. I prrob didnt break them in properly. Will this work itself out or do i gotta bust out the sanding block?
>>
>>954076
Clean and sand the discs and pads, you can also try heating the pads over a flame to burn off any oils that may have soaked in. Bedding them in afterwards is quite easy, just do a few hard stops from a fairly high speed (like 15mph).
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.