[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm sitting in traffic on a two-lane highway >it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: super-highway-traffic.jpg (2 MB, 2850x1891) Image search: [Google]
super-highway-traffic.jpg
2 MB, 2850x1891
>I'm sitting in traffic on a two-lane highway
>it's about to merge into one lane
>everyone politely waiting in right lane
>asshole comes flying through the left lane
>I inch out into the middle of both lanes so that he can't pass the line of people waiting
>he slows down but goes to the left intending to go around me
>I pull directly out into the left lane
>he rear-ends me
>I have rear bumper damage and he has front bumper damage

Who's at fault here, /n/?
>>
>>946174
You are at fault.
Whether or not ypu are 100% at fault isn't up to me, but you made an illegal lane change by not yielding to the driver that was already in that lane.
>>
>>946195
Wrong. You don't yield to things behind you.

Guy who rammed OP is at fault all the way. He could see what was happening and has brakes + steering wheel.
>>
The general rule in a rear-end is that the driver of the car behind is always at fault, as they didn't stop in time. That means they were either not paying attention and failed to break, or travelling too fast to stop in time. In this particular instance the latter would seem to apply.

On the flipside, you were a dickhead.
>>
I'd say you were both at fault. He was being a clown, but you pulled out in front of that goon with no intention of moving forward.
With the way traffic laws and insurance companies work, he'll be at fault on the record, especially if you don't admit to intentionally blocking the road.
You should have just let him get to the merge and watch no one let him over.
>>
You know that it's faster if everybody uses both lanes as long as possible, right?
>>
>>946623
Sure, but if I've been waiting in traffic for god damn 15 minutes, like hell I'm going to let someone cut in ahead of me.
>>
>>946595
>You don't yield to things behind you.
Of course not. That's why right hooks across a bike lane are the bicyclist's fault when the car has turned when they just passed the bicyclist.
There is such thing as an unsafe lane change, and that will likely be how the other guy's insurance fights their case.
In the insurance case, OP will likely come out with no fault or a fraction of the fault; however, OP made an asshole maneuver and purposely caused the collision because he felt the other driver was wronging him and he knows it.
>>
>>946694
Why didn't you just take the open lane? If half the people in the clogged lane took the open lane, things would go smoother. Might as well be the first.
>>
>>946699
>Why didn't you just take the open lane?
Because I don't want to be that cunt. And knowing my luck, no one would let me in.
>>
>>946623
This. Morons don't understand how zipper merges are supposed to work.
>>
>>946174
He's at fault for not maintaining minimum safe distance.

/thread
>>
>>946174
cager, take your road rage where it belongs
>>>/o/catalog
>>
>>946174
>I have rear bumper damage and he has front bumper damage
>bumper
Cagers, you are both at fault.
>>
So you intentionally pulled into someone's path and he hit you? That's obviously your fault. If the insurance says it isn't, then you got lucky.
>>
>>947003
>So you intentionally pulled into someone's path
Literally every car every day. Do you not know what driving is?
>>
>>947290
Are you trolling or being stupidly obstinate? /n/ gets both, so it's hard to tell.
>>
>>947417
nou
>>
>>946174

You both were driving a car, you're both idiots.
>>
>>946174

>I inch out into the middle of both lanes so that he can't pass the line of people waiting

Oh shit nigger wtf are you doing?
>>
At least where I live, NO MATTER WHAT, the car who rear-ends you is ALWAYS at fault.
>>
>>946174
>Who's at fault here, /n/?
both really, since you were both in murder cages at the time
>>
>>946694
Cage rage, everyone
>>
>>947453
this. /thread
>>
>>946174
>>it's about to merge into one lane

An example of why "normal" drivers go nuts when their sense of fairness is being violated.

Who's at fault is the person who hires the less skillful lawyer to represent them.

The other driver decided that being anti-social (and possibly breaking the law) is justified for some reason internal to them.

In your anger you appointment yourself "citizen-policeman", not much different from drivers who deliberately drive the exact speed limit in the fast lane, or the other drivers who follow them at an unsafe distance waiting for them to get out of the way.

THIS IS THE FUTURE - THE FASTEST PART OF AN URBAN OR SUBURBAN COMMUTE WILL BE THE FEW FEET YOU TRAVEL DOWN YOUR DRIVEWAY.
>>
>>947514
Well, yeah. Being in a cage will make you mad.
>>
File: 15568210710_2e66c67ce8_b.jpg (346 KB, 1023x1024) Image search: [Google]
15568210710_2e66c67ce8_b.jpg
346 KB, 1023x1024
>>947524
There's definitely nothing illegal about merging late, in fact, it's encouraged by highway departments.
>>
i spy an old bus with the ceilin missin, parked in front of the "tune up" building

oldest car is the red nova behind the blue toyota pickup

newest is the tbird letting the audi in
>>
>>948373
that's not a bus fool. it's the back of a sign + the roof of a white semi truck. and the white buick park avenue in the far left lane debuted one year later *1990 than that thunderbird (89)
>>
>>946174
The last time somebody tried to play traffic cop by blocking up the merging lane so people couldn't pass, I happily went around him on the shoulder. Zero fucks given.

And people are supposed to use one lane. When everyone drama into the same lane too far ahead it causes further delay. Don't get all butthurt because other drivers are smart enough not to wait in line just so they don't hurt the feelings of people like you.
>>
>>947514
one of the few times I agree with le cager memefagging
>>
>>949280
I recently moved to within walking distance of work, and biking to anything I can reach by city streets, and only using the car for groceries and longer trips. I'm a -much- calmer driver now; I think that rush hour commuting does actually fuck you up in the head.
>>
>>949290
I'm fortunate enough to be able to leave plenty of time early for work, so I don't freak out when people drive 10 under the limit and shit like that. Some people really are fucking assholes when driving though.
>>
>>949305
Yeah, people who drive 10 under the limit are giant assholes.
>>
>>946174
Realistically you're at fault because you were being a massive faggot about it, people should be using both lanes until the merge point and at said merge point the individuals in the left lane should yield in a one-to-one ratio.

If you take it to court they might come up with something different, but for the record you deserve to lose.
>>
>>946174
You. Damn cagers.
>>
>>946623
>You know that it's faster if everybody uses both lanes as long as possible, right?
>>946699
>Why didn't you just take the open lane? If half the people in the clogged lane took the open lane, things would go smoother. Might as well be the first.
>>946770
>This. Morons don't understand how zipper merges are supposed to work.

This. The other guy was doing the right thing.
>>
>>946174
The problem with merging lanes is everyone is fucking retarded and tailgates to the point where no one can fit in
>>
>there is a "YIELD" sign
>yield
>5 honking cars and 2 semis stopped behind me
>it takes about 1 minute
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.