[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cycling pants recomendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: cycling-pants.jpg (78 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
cycling-pants.jpg
78 KB, 600x400
Hey /n/ I like to commute everywhere on my bike and I do so in my normal clothes. Problem is it's been getting into the 90 degree temperature zone and when I get some place I got a big sweat stain on my ass. Can anybody recommend a pair of cycling pants that will repel moisture or offer better breathability than regular jeans and not look like some dick hugging spandex capris?
>>
>>946135
You can always, you know...wear Surf and Turf shorts like Volcom V4S as an example...if it doesn't interfere with your social awkwardness.
>>
>>946135
You live in a hot climate and you've never heard of shorts? Get some baggy shorts (you can wear lycra underneath btw) and change into pants at your destination if necessary.
>>
>>946135
I haven't tried either of these but Kuhl makes some pants that are gusseted at the knees and have a few vent locations. IIRC you can get browns, greens and grey?
>>
>>946154
I meant to also note the Levi 501s, but those are probably too heavy for your location
>>
>>946135
>Can anybody recommend a pair of cycling pants that will repel moisture or offer better breathability than regular jeans
lycra bib shorts!
>not look like some dick hugging spandex capris
rip stop cargo shorts!
>>
>>946159
Can you recommend me a leg based parachute to increase my aero drag so I have to work harder, go slower and sweat more?
>>
>>946135
I wear short running shorts. I doubt they are creating much drag and they breath well.
>>
>>946135
You sound fat. Are you fat?
>>
>>946264

No, how does that sound fat?
>>
dickies
>>
Just stuff a maxipad down your crack to absorb the sweat. Tear it off and bin it once you get to work. Problem solved, mate.
>>
>>946535

...is it bad that I'm actually tempted to try this? I keep pads in my first aid kit, so its not like I need to go out and buy em...
>>
I use chrome union shorts for messenger work

they are p great
>>
>>946536
>>946535
>the anti-bike crowd will shove a tampon up their own assholes but they still won't wear normal cycling clothes
amazing
>>
Ex officio boxer briefs make any pants better

I've got those, hammock like selle anatomica leather saddle, and gap khakis. Shorts when it's over 70 degrees
No adult diaper bike shorts needed for non racers. Don't buy the hype
>>
>>946139
>Volcom V4S
muh nigguh
>>
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 768x576
What kind of padded shorts do I get?
>>
>>946648

full kpop outfit or gtfo
>>
>>946648
pearl izumi elite bibs have worked out for me, but they might be a bit pricey if you can't get a deal on 'em.
>>
File: p7040047.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
p7040047.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>946135
I have a pair of invisible pants I use. They're really comfortable.
>>
I have several pairs of Lululemon ABC pants that are comfy for biking in (my usual route is about 50 miles round-trip). They're worth the money imo.
>>
File: jemaine-clement.jpg (305 KB, 1355x2048) Image search: [Google]
jemaine-clement.jpg
305 KB, 1355x2048
>>947260
>>
get the prana zion stretch climbing pants. They are the perfect cycle pants. Water resistant, gusseted crotch, durable. They even have snaps on the cuff so you can roll them up so your pant leg doesn't get caught in the chain
>>
I just tried a pair of baggy MTB shorts after lycra all winter. Catches on everything, feels weird bunching up in my crotch. Fuck this shit, going back to lycra. You people are too insecure, no one cares about your ass.
>>
>>948561
but if I wear bicycle-specific clothes someone might actually assume I'm competent at operating a bicycle and then I'd be embarrassed because I've never been good at anything and I wouldn't know how to behave
>>
File: bib.jpg (15 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bib.jpg
15 KB, 640x640
>>947001
these are from jesus
>>
>>948561
>no one cares about your ass.

Speak for yourself, I only wheelsuck to get the view, power conservaton is for bitches.
>>
>>946135
Cargo shorts are good.
>>
>Not going bare-ass
>>
>>948889
Safety first
>>
>>947260
WTH, Nearly Naked Bike Day?
>>
>>950830
You know they'd offer more protection if you got those ass-less chaps in leather.
>>
>>948686
this, and leggings + cargo when its cold
>>
>>946135
Buy some wiggle bibs. They're cheap and awesome. Just ride your bike and be comfortable you dumbass.
>>
>>950865
"bike culture" "bike fun" "white people bullshit"
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.