[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sort of logistics would I need to plan, to be able to walk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: beautifulplace.jpg (118 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
beautifulplace.jpg
118 KB, 1000x500
What sort of logistics would I need to plan, to be able to walk from the southern east coast to the northern west coast?
Yes, this is transportation, because walking can take you from point A to point B.
>>
>>937996
get a CCW and plan all your trips around which states are cool with your license.

google maps it once, trace the route on a paper map and laminate it

yolo
>>
>>938120
I see.
>>
>>938147
go ask >>>/out/ they have multiple long distance walking trail threads up at once
>>
>>937996
>Yes, this is transportation, because walking can take you from point A to point B.
Doesn't mean this won't get more useful replies on the board that it belongs on.
>>
90's mtn bike with slicks.
>OK, semi-knobbies
>>
>>937996
>What sort of logistics would I need to plan, to be able to walk from the southern east coast to the northern west coast?
srs answer:
you would need to get a hiking guide that tells you what bridges you can walk across--because in most central and eastern US states, pedestrian traffic on interstate highways (and interstate bridges) is not permitted.

you kinda have the same problem when you want to ride a bicycle across the USA. Only the western/southwest states allow bicycles to ride on the interstate highways (because there are often no alternate side-roads). When you get to the central and eastern areas there are other alternate roads (sometimes frontage roads) with much less/much slower traffic, that are safer to use.
>>
pack light. and pack lighter than what you think is light.
>>
File: welcome to your new home.jpg (136 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
welcome to your new home.jpg
136 KB, 1024x768
>>937996
you're seriously going to just walk across... i mean, there's nothing there. nothing at all. you're on foot, in the middle of nowhere, walking to the PNW from the eastern seaboard. even if you manage to dodge the worst of the rockies and the southwestern desert by going through wyoming and follow the 30 to the 15 to the 86 to the 84 to portland you're just walking through a yeti infested forest to get robbed by junkies in fucking portland.

you're probably going to get eaten by a bear before you hit yeti territory anyhow, so, i hope you like being inside of a bear.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.