[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't these ever become a huge thing? Especially for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: $_57.jpg (172 KB, 1080x860) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
172 KB, 1080x860
Why didn't these ever become a huge thing? Especially for women and fat people?
>>
Because women want an upright position and fat people ride recumbents
>>
File: Conversionkit.jpg (1 MB, 3320x2423) Image search: [Google]
Conversionkit.jpg
1 MB, 3320x2423
just get a conversion kit
>>
File: SnowTrike.jpg (282 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
SnowTrike.jpg
282 KB, 1200x900
would be fun to tour with
>>
>>935954
Two wheels drive ! Does it have a differential ?
>>
>>935975

IIRC only the right side is the drive side.
>>
>>935975
LOL no.
>>
>>935954
Why not just put 50 pounds of sand in a backpack and ride a regular bike on the Death Ride? Works out about the same.
>bikes have to weigh 100 pounds
>>
>>935995

I seriously hate weight fags that think everything on a bike has to be light weight. If you're super worried about 10-15lbs it probably means you have some pussy ass legs.
>>
>>935954
Because no one has given them a catchy nickname yet. Hipster millenials love shit with a clever nickname.
>>
>>936007
or you don't have pussy ass legs and enjoy going faster
>>
>>936030

How about "relaxracer". Or maybe "comfycycle"
>>
>>935954
They are a huge thing.

LOOSE GAPS
>>
Same reason nobody rides recumbents: it's an answer for a question no one asked, it's too expensive to commute on and it's impossible to store them anywhere.
>>
>>935954
Why would women want these?
>>
>>935975
I have a cargobike with a front differential. Shit's good.
>>
>>936088
Because they're fucking awesome?
>>
>>936089
Hol up. So you's saying your bike was front two wheel drive with differential ?
>>
>>936085
>someone in my area owns a two seat recumbent
>>
Because like every other design than the double diamond frame bike its SHIT
>>
>>935954
Because they are inherently unstable because of high COG, delta setup and inability to lean.

Recumbents on the other hand are usually in inherently more stable tadpole (2 front, 1 rear) setup and have very low COG.
>>
>>936007
My touring detup weighs 80 lb and I pass roadies on climbs.
>>
>>936147
This. Those things can be dangerous on the downhill. Reminds me of tipping over big wheels as a kid.
>>
>>935954
in the early days, just after drivetrains became a thing and penny-farthings were killed off, there were a lot of trikes and quad cycles and roads were getting paved. but then almost immediately they hooked up the internal combustion engine to the quadcycle anyone who would have been interested in a trike or quadcycle just went straight for an automobile.
>>
I'd ride one if it could lean, although it'd probably be quite complicated with CV joints and shit because you need to keep the chain straight. Add some overkill hub motors in the back and fat tyres for grip.
>>
So wait, they just have 2 front brakes? How does that work out?
>>
>>936264
Probably adequately. Without being able to lean you aren't going to be taking any fast or tight turns which is where a rear brake might be needed, and with the extra weight in the back you're going to be able to brake harder before the rear wheels lift (assuming the front tyre has enough grip).
>>
>>936110
Is he a muscle woman transvestite?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k-o2-1IA4A

looks lame
>>
Why did they ever become a thing at all?
kant lean, unstable on corners
no rear brake, unstable on decent
no diif, ineffective on bad ground
huge frontal area, slow in headwind
heavy, slow uphill
bulky, hard to store and park
>everything bad about a recumbent, but more, and none of the good.
>>
>>935954

BECAUSE THEY SUCK AT TURNING

geez. negative camber 25° the rear than then it won't tip like a drunkard
>>
>>936481
Or just make it wider, that way you don't have to mess with CVs and deal with wheel flex, tyre roll, and wonky tyre wear.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.