[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anybody here built a scraper bike?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 537x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 537x403
anybody here built a scraper bike?
>>
File: image.jpg (447 KB, 824x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447 KB, 824x740
post some nice scraper bikes
>>
>>933746
>>933750
These are pd kawaii. They look like they'd be good for polo.
>>
So it's a BMX frame with a road fork and 700c wheels?
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1024x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1024x420
>>933761
it's whatever you want. scraper bikes come in all shapes and sizes
>>
exactly what are they supposed to be scraping? and what is supposed to be the blade?
>>
>>933851
I have a feeling they mean "scrapper" but this is the first time I've ever seen these kinds of bikes.

I understand that people want to have a bike that is unique and reflects their personality, but at the end of the day a bike is a tool, and most cycling enthusiasts find beauty in the elegance of its function rather than whatever it is these people are doing.
>>
>>933874
>beauty in the elegance of its function
>rather than whatever it is these people are doing
Way to delimit acceptable functions.

p.s.: Racing ruined road bicycles.
>>
>>933874
>>933761
>>933851

Not everyone is in tune with SF Bay culture so I will let you know. They're an offshoot of scaper cars. Basically, old GM vehicles from the late 70s to 80s with big rims and sound systems. Yes both of these are ghetto af, but there is value in taking old things and doing new things with them.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 500x333
>>933874
it's just taking bicycles and reimagining what they are as a form of personal expression
>>
Africa-core literally for niggers,
>>
>>933914
Tacky and "blinged out" with useless garbage?
>>
>>934092
wite boi detected
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.