[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember to oil your brakepads before you go out riding, anons.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: BSTKVPAD_P1.jpg (34 KB, 950x513) Image search: [Google]
BSTKVPAD_P1.jpg
34 KB, 950x513
Remember to oil your brakepads before you go out riding, anons. Gotta keep them in good working order.
>>
that only works with cork pads
>>
File: 1330454014555.jpg (40 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1330454014555.jpg
40 KB, 768x576
>mfw a little bit of lube splashes over the rim
>>
Wow, this is really bad advice! With oil there will be no friction and without friction the brakes are useless!

Much DIY advice is to fill those holes the manufacturers leave in the brake pad with some extra braking compound. Sand and two component glue for example.

Keep in mind that Shimano etc. desperately want your money so they leave those holes in the brakepad to reduce stopping power and increase wear!
>>
>2016
>not having drum brakes on your bicycle
>>
>>932008
>using spray and pray lube
You deserve it
>>
>not using olive oil on your bike

I seriously hope you don't use disgusting industrial chemicals!
>>
>>932002
Not to mention it will save the rims from wear
>>
>>932002
>>932009
epic trolls xDxD
>>
i just un-clip and put my feet down.
>>
>>932010
>drum
SPOON
>>
i always used WD40, is there any better lube/oil for the brakepads?
>>
>>932211
No, WD40 is a lubricant and pretty much the perfect bicycle lubricant. You will need a water disperser though, so the WD40 can penetrate the working parts.
>>
>>932211
white lithium grease is just as effective, seems to last longer also - ymmv though
>>
>>932015

This. Olive oil is organic and bio-degradable and works just as well as industrial lube.
>>
>>932213
top kek
>>
>>932213
>WD40 is a lubricant

Lol
>>
>>932211

>water gets on bike
>shit gets rusty in seconds
>oil can't withstand water blast
>WD-40 fucks water up and keeps everything lubricated

WD-40 is the obvious choice!
>>
This is so bad advice! Instead you should bake your pads few hours in 100c oven. They will get much harder and last multiple times longer while still delivering completely acceptable braking effort.
>>
>>932355

Breaking begins with the wheel! Some rough sandpaper applied to the breaking surface of the wheel will improve braking performance like nothing else!
>>
File: 84667963_1_1000x700.jpg (28 KB, 394x700) Image search: [Google]
84667963_1_1000x700.jpg
28 KB, 394x700
>>932350
>Go for a ride
>break 72 spokes in my front wheel
SHIT
>get home
>Spray some WD-40™ on the rims and spokes
>Wala!
>wheel is true again,gained 73! spokes(WD-40™ put one extra just to be sure) and I can ride another 50000Km!
>>
>>932008
>using rim brakes
lol
>>
>>932386
This desu. I much prefer disc brakes because dirt is much less likely to contaminate the grease
>>
>>932370
>>Wala!
keked
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.