[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
clipless pedals + casual shoes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 2016-03-07-21-06-34-1580651973.jpg (7 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-07-21-06-34-1580651973.jpg
7 KB, 196x257
Any advice for me which pedals i should buy for this kind of casual clipless shoe?
>>
File: 1457241540042.jpg (79 KB, 1040x726) Image search: [Google]
1457241540042.jpg
79 KB, 1040x726
Also clipless that look more likes this (with space where i can put my shoe on , otherwise it feels like my shoe is hanging in the air too much
>>
>>931245

M520 is dirt cheap, barely 10 bucks more than the cost of a set of SPD cleats by themselves.

https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-m520-spd-pedals-48024.html

If you want something slightly heavier and that can double as a normal flat pedal in a pinch, M530 is also nice:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/shimano-a530-clipless-road-pedals/rp-prod28050
>>
File: candyblau_500.jpg (51 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
candyblau_500.jpg
51 KB, 500x379
>>931245
>Shimano Click'R pedals
It's the most hardcore casual system there is. Specificaly engineered for casual use by the most demandning of casuals.

I like the Crankbrothers mechanism. Eggbeater or Candy.
>>
>>931250
>>931249
Thanks guys !
>>
>>931245
I have a special request.

I'm in China and I need new shoes and probably pedals too. One of them at least is a bit wonky.

I was using clickr and they seem niceso I may as well keep on with them.

Any advice on where to buy them online that will ship to China? I tried Amazon but they don't let me enter my address in Chinese so I'm not sure that the couriers will actually be able to deliver.
>>
>>931531
Wiggle has a Chinese site.
>>
>>931250
Which are the best clickr pedal set do you think?

I don't need a flat side to them, I'd prefer clipless both sides but having a cage on them is nice for when I'm wearing other shoes.
>>
>>931250
do clickr pedals work with any spd shoes?
>>
>>931624
Yes. They're just easier to get out of than standard SPD. More forgiving release angles and softer spring. Other than that, it's just a standard SPD pedal.
>>
File: shimano-m545-pedal.jpg (42 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
shimano-m545-pedal.jpg
42 KB, 430x430
>>931547
>Wiggle has a Chinese site.
Sadly, Wiggle doesn't have any clickr pedals and their shoes are all about 50% more than other sites.

They do have an XTR that looks similar to clickr, maybe I should graduate?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-pd-m545-free-ride-pedals-1/

I found great stuff on amazon but when I tried to ship it to China (after having to write an english address that the couriers probably wouldn't have been able to read anyway), I found that everything in my cart "does not ship to your country".
amazon.cn doesn't have clickr or any of the shoes that I wanted, maybe not even any in my size.

fml
>>
File: 1379387037362.png (57 KB, 196x265) Image search: [Google]
1379387037362.png
57 KB, 196x265
cyclists: how sturdy are these clip-and-clete connections? what happens if you slam or have to bail to avoid impending slam? do you just eat it and get fucked? do the clips just snap so you don't get your ankles all torqued or get dragged under a bus with the rest of your bike or whatever?
>>
>>931869
Depends on the cleat system and if road or off road. Mountain style is more loose and road is really tight. I like shimano best cause the cleat doesn't wear out. I always clipped out when I crashed, and as for the road, I only used my SPD mountain pedals on it, not too serious for the road.
>>
>>931869
It's sturdy, but once you twist your ankle, you're instantly unhooked.
When you're new to it, just set the clip tension very low. Also practice clipping in and out by a wall.
>>
File: laura.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
laura.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>931877
>>931878
thanks for clearing that up!

here, have an unrelated image
>>
>>931869
>how sturdy are these clip-and-clete connections?
I can only speak for clickr and spd...I've never failed to unclip when I needed to, even if I forgot that I needed to twist and panicked. It still came loose after an instant. I've never fallen from failing to unclip with clickr. I've fallen for other reasons but I came unclipped when I did.

And of course you adjust the tension to the level that you're comfortable with.

The downside is that a looser binding means that you might unclip when doing crazy stuff on the bike like jumps, pulling up hard on the pedal or leaning on a tight corner etc. When you git gud, you can dial it up to reduce the chance of that or graduate to pro bindings.

tl:dr; everything for ski bindings applies to bike bindings
>>
>>931869

SPD is very solid and is not going to come unclipped unless you twist out.

I'm trying out some new Speedplay Zeros and I could barely apply enough force to clip in at first. You need to run over a very large improvised explosive device to unclip from Speedplay Zeros. Ideally you want to clench your anus as hard as you can and wait for the initial shockwave to hit. If you are not tensing every muscle in your body your organs will enter a liquid state and you will be dead in seconds.
>>
>>931934
>SPD is very solid and is not going to come unclipped unless you twist out.
Clickr will unclip pretty easily, I did have a slight issue with a foot coming out when I was doing a hard turn or when I tried to lift the pedal really hard. Not that big a deal though.

That's good advice on IEDs though, that's probably how Bacon survived his.
>>
>>931934
Nah, I can pull out easily if the tension is low (I loaned a bike out and he put the tension on minimum)

You will almost always come out of clipless in a crash.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.