[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bamboo bike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1450024835001.jpg (787 KB, 1000x1296) Image search: [Google]
1450024835001.jpg
787 KB, 1000x1296
what's your opinion on bamboo frames?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19tilbCs_j8

I'd personally like it more if you could disassemble for easy transport
>>
>>918455
They are just as favorable as magnesi frames, and a little neater than plastic.
>>
>>918465
how are they on the materials side of things? ride quality, stiffness, weight etc.
>>
Bamboo bikes were a big fad about 5 years ago - by all accounts they're plenty strong enough for hard riding, but they're somewhat heavy and usually quite flexible (lots of variation between frames though). Take away the cool factor associated with the aesthetic and easy DIY frame building and there's nothing special about bamboo frames, which is probably why the trend has waned.
>>
flexy in the head tube, when you grab the front break and the bike bends a bit, would be a fun bike to have, that next level of eco friendly
>>
I would certainly buy one of those, 199 for a bike frame is fairly reasonable plus you get the "cool factor" of having a bamboo bike. If I had the rest of the parts to make a full cycle i would certainly put my money towards a bamboo frame set.

Think these things hold up well for MTB stuff?
>>
File: Bamboo-FixxiePrint.png (339 KB, 670x419) Image search: [Google]
Bamboo-FixxiePrint.png
339 KB, 670x419
>buying a bike made from grass
>>
>>918675
smouk wede erry dei
>>
>>918455
There's no way in hell that woman rides a bike, not if she's dressed like that. Chafing of doom, it's too tight, her ass is hanging out.

I've been to Calfee. Supposedly similar characteristics to aluminum, perhaps a bit less stiff. Even though they seal it eventually it'll decay and start to get mushy, it being a natural product and all.
>>
>>918675
>bamboo fixie
Can it get any more hipster?
>>
>>918455
>>918455
That video gives me cancer

https://vimeo.com/115733204
>>
>>918919
but that picture gave me an erection
>>
i bet her rack would hold my bike and then some
>>
>>918455
stupid lady doesn't even know how to use gears
>>
>>918658
Those frames are absolute garbage. Bamboo is a good material for bike frames but to get a good one you're going to be spending as much as you would for a good carbon or Ti frame.

Look into how carbon/bamboo frames are supposed to be made and then compare it to how those frames are made, they're a gimmick.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.