[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stupid question but how do i reattach the brake lever things?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151124_163701.jpg (2 MB, 1872x3328) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151124_163701.jpg
2 MB, 1872x3328
stupid question but how do i reattach the brake lever things? just got into biking and don't know how to do it. thanks :)
>>
reattach the lever that came off to the thing it came off of
>>
>>900828
sorry, but i didn't see where it came off of originally. can you point it out for me? thanks
>>
>>900828
Don't listen to him. Just put the thing on the other thing.
>>
>>900833
Don't be stupid, you've got to pull on the thing whilst squeezing the other thing, then put it in.
>>
On a serious note, how do people that can't figure basic shit like this out function in life? Even if you've never seen a bike in your life a few minutes of looking at it with some common sense you'd see how it's intended to function.

Shit, a primitive tribesman in the middle of bumfuck nowhere would be able to do it.
>>
See the metal bendy tube the cable is running through? At the end of it is the black rubber tube. Move the tube out of the way (slide it closer to where the cable is attached to the brake arm). See how there's a little nub on the metal bendy piece where the cable comes out? Take the other brake arm (the one hanging down to the left in the picture) and pull it upright. The piece on the end of the brake arm that is flopping around fits into the nub on the metal bendy bit.
>>
>>900838
idk, the other day a neighbor of mine saw me pump up a tire and asked to barrow the pump to find a flat. 2 days later he brought it back and figured out the flat and patched it.. he asked if I would help him get the tire back on because he couldnt figure it out... The mother fucker took it off and couldnt get it back on.
>>
File: IMG_20151124_170617.jpg (2 MB, 1872x3328) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151124_170617.jpg
2 MB, 1872x3328
>>900838
>>900839

thanks guys! any idea what i need to do now? i can move the levers to where they need to be, but how do i make them stay in the proper place?
>>
>>900842
now go google cantilever brakes
>>
>>900842
I think your shit is sprung open, and the left spring bar is out of position sticking off to the left. because of that, the right spring is pulling your brakes to the right. Bend the spring back where it should be and pop it back into position on the left brake.
>>
>>900842
This is a troll right? The answer is so fucking obvious, it's right there in your face sticking out at you.
>>
>>900845
yes its obviously a troll, only the slowest members of this board will fll for it.
>>
>>900844
>>900845

you guys are the best, thanks :)
>>
>>900843
those are V-Brakes...
>>
>>900840
well I mean he may not know you have to mount the tire halfway and then insert the tube

I really don't think that's common sense.
>>
>>900884
V brakes are a type of canti dumbass
>>
>>900901
>>900843
pfffff

linear pull brakes

kiddo's
>>
>>901083
Linear/direct pull/ V brakes are cantilever, just like traditional cantis. They can even be mounted on canti frames and forks.
>>
>>900896
no dude, he got it all back on the rim and then couldnt figure out how to the the wheel back into the frame and make it work with the chain.
>>
>>901125
>tire back on
>tire
jesus are you one of those people who calls wheels tires? I thought they all rode walmart bikes
>>
>>901134
there is a tire, and then there is a wheel, you put the tire on the wheel. a wheel is the rim, spokes and hub. Is english your 1st language or are you just an austrailian?
>>
>>901137
so you assume when someone says "put the tire back on" they mean seating the wheel in the dropouts?
>>
>>901138
well since he is my neighbor I will tell you he couldnt put the wheel on... now go fuck yourself with a rake for being such a dumbass.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.