[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, anybody around here hitchhike? I really enjoy it and I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: HitchHiking.jpg (244 KB, 817x588) Image search: [Google]
HitchHiking.jpg
244 KB, 817x588
Hey, anybody around here hitchhike? I really enjoy it and I feel it's both highly unfairly stigmatized and just a great way of getting around!

tl;dr Hitchhiking thread
>>
Also I've been hitching for about half a year, and i've done hundreds of miles already, if anyone wants starter tips or has questions about my experiences ask away!
>>
I don't do it too often because most of the time I'm on a bike or occasionally driving

i've picked up quite a few hitchhikers though, as long as they look clean enough
>>
File: 1385918830043.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1385918830043.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
Do you have to get good at giving road head before you take up the hitchhiking lifestyle or is it something you can learn along the way?
>>
>>896716
Lol no head giving required, the most people expect of me is friendly conversation and a smile!
>>
I did it once, for two weeks. I got sick of listening to truckers' dumb stories. Other than that it was fun.
>>
File: tumblr_nujhuiSoUf1u0fwcpo2_500.jpg (213 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nujhuiSoUf1u0fwcpo2_500.jpg
213 KB, 500x625
>>896767
Pls share dumb trucker stories
>>
File: ShotInTheMouth.jpg (23 KB, 560x304) Image search: [Google]
ShotInTheMouth.jpg
23 KB, 560x304
>>896741
>>
>>896768

I don't even remember any of them. This was like ten years ago and I was half-listening.
>>
>>896711

I tried it once in AZ. What's the point of honking at hitchhikers and never helping out?
>>
I usually just throw stuff at them. I know karma will kick me in the ass one day.
>>
tell em large marge sent cha
>>
>>896712

Starter tips plz
>>
I think /trv/ and /out/ often have threads about hitchhiking and living homeless. Other than that the only thing I know is there are websites out there to find a couches or showers. I've heard really good stuff about the bike tour one but haven't cared enough to read up on hitching.
>>
>>897066
I didn't even know /out/ existed, thanks for the help friend!
>>
>>897056
You gotta be a little more specific than that.
I guess just smile, don't smell TOO bad, and listen to your damn gut, hitchhiking isn't particularly dangerous but that doesn't mean it can't be dangerous. Always be aware of your surroundings.
>>
> couple of years ago
> christmas time
> want to visit my parents
> last exam is in the evening, can't catch the late ferry
> earliest bus will get me to the nine o'clock ferry due to shit connections
> could walk an hour at five to make the bus for the seven o'clock ferry
> or I could set off at 1 AM and walk ~35 km there

> the walk is really fun
> go through some light forest, see the stars and stuff
> come to a deeper part of the forest
> pussy out because it's dark
> hey, the highway's close right?

> detour to the highway
> it's farther than I thought, and not nearly as direct a route
> realize I done goofed
> realize I'm making myself late

> 5 AM
> walk past a bus stop
> if I waited an hour and a half I could catch the bus
> fuck waiting

> 6:30 AM
> my feet are fucking killing me
> walk past a gas station 5km from the ferries
> I would have been there already if I had just followed the forest trail
> go up to a car getting gas
> knock on the window
> I have a huge beard, a hoodie pulled over my head, and a bulky backpack with a bunch of other bags tied on to either side
> look like a hobo
> they shit bricks

> convince them I'm actually just an entitled college student
> they give me a ride half way to the ferries
> one guy gets out of the car, he's a delivery driver
> drives me the rest of the way in his truck
> share heartwarming christmas stories
> got there five minutes before it left
> stumble up the ramp to the ferry

10/10 fun adventure, next year I just nightbiked it and took the same forest route I would follow in the daytime.

tl;dr I'm bad at planning, and can't walk very far without getting sore feet.
>>
>>897108
I guess they are letting just anybody into college these days.....
>>
>>896768
Not that guy, but here you go
>my son went to England without any preparation and now he is a director in a big company! (here insert all the details about his son's life)
>one other trucker I know told me how a hitchhiking girl tried to drug him but he managed to get to a police station!
>people used to take hitchhikers more often! Now truckers don't even take other truckers!
>one time when I was in Spain I accidentally got invited into a party (insert heavy drinking and not understanding languages)
>this is a potato experimental station, I was there in a primary school (here insert the most potatoey school trip story)
Now, multiply it by a thousand times.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.