[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2009 VE SV6 Holden commodore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (876 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
876 KB, 2048x1536
Alright guys, I'm in need of some advice! I've searched the web but I can't find anything that relates to my problem. I'll start from the top

Got stood up on a date, decided to go do some doughnuts in my car to let off some steam.
I ran over a nail or something and got a puncture in my tyre.
And I lost full control of power steering.

When I'm braking the steering is extremely difficult, the same when it's stopped completely.

While accelerating the steering is a lot better but definitely not 100%

There's no power steering fluid loss at all, nor is there any fluid leaking.

Should also mention the 75000 km service reminder has appeared

Can anyone tell me what could be wrong?
>>
>>895875
I think you should grease your headset bearings desu senpai
>>
>>895875
>I ran over a nail or something and got a puncture in my tyre.
Continental gatorskins will prevent that in the future

Anyway the steering problems sound like they're caused by a loose headset. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P4dYsxazTU
>>
>>895875
I'd just replace the entire headset, maybe you tweaked the fork too.
>>
>>895876
>>895877
>>895878

Are you guys all serious? I'm talking about a car, not a bike...
>>
>>895879
yes we are serious, it has to be the headset that is messed up... fucking freds
>>
>>895879
Oh! I was wondering why there was a picture of a murderbox

Try >>>/o/, they have an interest in the care and feeding of vile death cages
>>
>>895881

There is no goddamn headset in the power steering of a car ...

>>895882
> wondering why pic of "murderbox"
> post clearly says "in my car"

Also, I posted in /o/ and here as I'm new to both of these boards and didn't know which to post in
>>
>>895875
Could be uneven brake wear. Get the pads replaced.
>>
>>895888
How would that affect the steering of the car though?
>>
>>895893
When my brakes were really warn out, my car would list to the side while breaking.
>>
>>895883
>ones called auto
>ones called transportation
>one is chocked full of threads on cars
>one is chocked full of threads on bikes and trains

christ almighty, you fucking idiot, lurk moar faggot
>>
>>895875
rigid 90s mtb
>>
>>896023
old steel ten speed
>>
>>895875
I Had this exact same problem, turns out my head stem was slightly bent, throwing my balance off slightly to the side when braking.
>>
>>895875
believe it or not it might be the brakes not the steering mechanics. you might have some brakes applying greater pressure than others and some might be always aplying a little bit of pressure. both would cause difficulty in steering.
>>
>>895883
fuck off back to where you came from, and learn how to fucking lurk.
>>
>>896428
can you stop dredging up troll theads
>>
>>895893
I remember when my steering went, it was due to my timing chain not being oiled properly. Also, your wheels might be out of true, try adjusting the spokes
>>
>>895883
>Also, I posted in /o/ and here as I'm new to both of these boards and didn't know which to post in
>Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
Mods please ban this faggot
>>
File: tinyDickChinks.jpg (183 KB, 771x346) Image search: [Google]
tinyDickChinks.jpg
183 KB, 771x346
>>896679
Mods won't ban unless you insult asian people.

Because mods are gooks.
>>
File: dragster.jpg (201 KB, 1395x636) Image search: [Google]
dragster.jpg
201 KB, 1395x636
>>895875
>do some doughnuts
,its the HighFructoseCornSyrup., that crap will have you spining in circles,, ina nonfun way.
, h/o/w releive stress's?,, i remember the CompanyFerarari,, zippy always/everywhere/nometime.
,, feels are tense,, Danon>"ooOO look, you have lovehandels",. , WHAT!? mirror>Chubbing.
,start biking ,mostly, and KICK HARDER onthe dream,, Al Gore invented the Interweb,,, i Deliverdit!
,Danon>"SQUEEEEEeeeeEEal!"
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/o/13837558
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.