[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into motorcycles? I'm a 25 year old male living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: mmm.jpg (104 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
104 KB, 960x639
How do I into motorcycles?

I'm a 25 year old male living in Los Angeles, and bikes just seem like a more efficient form of transportation out here. Not to mention they look fun as hell. I rode small dirt bikes when I was much younger, in my early teens, but haven't been on one since. How do I go about learning bike laws and getting a class M license, etc? What would be a good bike to start on for a 6'2 180 lb man?
>>
>>894629
>>>/o/dbt/

you'll probably want a honda 350 of some sort. try not to get anything earlier than '85

My first bike was a nighthawk 250.
You'll want something a little bigger, just so you'll have some pick up and go when you need it.
LA freeways are hell, but a motorcycle makes them fun.
Be defensive all the time.
>>
>>894638
>>894629
oh and if you want to learn about moto safety laws, get the handbook from the DMV and read it.
The permit test is super easy, you can fail it twice, and still have a chance to pass it.
The CHP motorcycle safety class is worth it, it will usually make your insurance payments cheaper and will pay off in the long run.
A moto permit doesn't allow you to ride with a passenger, on the freeway, or at night.
>>
>>894638
>>894639

Good to know. Should I find someone with a bike to ride and practice a bit before actually taking the test or riding in traffic? Is it anything like the driver's test when you get your DL?
>>
>>894640
The permit test is written.
It's half of the Driver's License test and 20 motorcycle specific questions.
You don't need to ride around with someone in traffic, but if you have an old timer around to give you some advice and critique your riding that's great.
The full M Class licensing test is a short course that's in the DMV parking lot. It focuses mostly on handling, like doing a loop and a slalum, then being able to upshift and downshift safely.
You'll be able to practice on the course during the weekends when the DMV is closed.
>>
>>894640
There is a parking lot near me that has bike rentals and classes every weekend. I think they are all getting ready to get their licenses or are actually getting them... you could check for something local to you like that.
>>
/o/
>>
>>894629
Check out the daily bike thread aka /dbt/ on >>>/o/
>>
File: yamaha-yzf-r125_2851.jpg (58 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
yamaha-yzf-r125_2851.jpg
58 KB, 950x534
yamaha yzf 125 rr
brup brup brup brpppp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsEQAG6shuc
>>
>>895419
Ok thats a bad video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WprNHWlI57k

If you ride this bike you will be the coolest kid in school and you will get all the chicks
>>
>>895410
>not >>>/o/dbt
u suk at da 4chinz m8e
>>
File: idiot.png (435 KB, 854x479) Image search: [Google]
idiot.png
435 KB, 854x479
>>895419
It looks as if someone lowered the front of the bike by dropping the fork in the triple tree, I thought I noticed it when she was riding cause the front end looked to low. She probably could not touch the ground comfortably. Don't do this.
>>
Harley Davidson Glendale offers great rider instruction. Bikes included and certificates/permits. Good way to go if you have the extra dough. The instruction is on sport bikes... Old Buells. Just get a light bike... Build up strength and agility, then get something beefier.
>>
File: 88%20-%20lDGvGCh[1].jpg (21 KB, 450x444) Image search: [Google]
88%20-%20lDGvGCh[1].jpg
21 KB, 450x444
>under 250cc bike
>not 2 stroke
>>
>>894629
>into motorcycles
>Los Angeles
Organ donor detected.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.