[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a single speed track bike with bullhorns, freewheel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Ross-Geller.jpg (66 KB, 624x780) Image search: [Google]
Ross-Geller.jpg
66 KB, 624x780
I bought a single speed track bike with bullhorns, freewheel and a back brake for commuting.

Was this a good idea?
>>
Should have gotten a front brake instead, but meh.
>>
>>893704
Not OP but why would a front brake be more benefitial than a rear if it's on a free wheel and not a fixed cog?
>>
Lets see your so called bike anon.
>>
File: hour_blk_2100.jpg (266 KB, 2100x1234) Image search: [Google]
hour_blk_2100.jpg
266 KB, 2100x1234
>>893708
it's this modified
>>
>>893710
Lets SEE it.
>>
>>893700
no
>>
>>893706

Because a front brake has more stopping power
>>
>>893710
i like it
>>
>>893724
more throw u over the handlebars power u mean?
>>
>>893726

If you're a retarded person maybe
>>
>>893732
or if you're ever caught off guard by a retarded cager
>>
why not fixed and front brake
also imo fixed isnt the best for commuting where you need to stop and start often for traffic
>>
File: 1443519304505.png (186 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1443519304505.png
186 KB, 512x384
The autism in here
>>
move the brake to the front

switch rear cog to fixed

I don't see the point of a single speed if you're not taking advantage of flywheel effect and giving yourself the option to apply secondary braking torque to the drive train. getting used to fixed riding is about as difficult as breaking in a new pair of shoes
>>
Has anyone here ever actually thrown themselves over the handlebars with the front brake in their adult life?
Unless you're going 25mph downhill and have no idea what you're doing and have to stop immediately, I can't see it happening.
>>
>>894008
not with the front brake, but I have had it lock up in a turn and washout multiple times.
>>
>>893726
>slowing down puts my weight over the handlebars and therefore the front wheel
>better put my break on the back wheel, so that as soon as I start to slow down it loses all weight and traction!

Like nigga if you're so afeered of going endo then just adjust your brake so slamming it doesn't slam you.
Or, y'know, use two brakes like you're supposed to.
>>
>>894008
Almost.
I had to stop quickly with a pretty badly calibrated front brake, and just mashed it to get the deceleration I needed.
The back wheel eventually lifted off, but I came to a stop before it managed to get enough momentum to actually tip the bike over.
>>
>>893700
God what a retarded post, why use words that you don't understand, you don't have a track bike. You don't have track spaceing and you do have drillings for brakes, which a track frame lacks.

Stop being a fgt and put a front brake or have both brakes. And if you want the bike the even start makeing sense go either with fixed gear cog and front brake or single speed with both brakes
>>
if you only have one brake, then it should be in the front. A front break has more stopping power and it'll educate you to be a better cyclist. Learn to use it daily, correct your reflexes, so that when you're in an unexpected situation you won't slam it like an idiot. Also, don't stand up when you brake, sit down and the weight will prevent the back from lifting. This is all very simple physics.
>>
>>894032
>nikoslav detected
>>
>>893986
I slang sandwiches for jj's in a busy part of Denver on fixed and had no problem with frequent stopping. Proper use of the front brake mixed with proper control of your pedaling makes slowing down simple.
>>
>>894807
>keeps you scary fast
>>
>>893700
fuck off the horns, go for drops, switch the free wheel to a fixed gear, fit pedal straps and lose the brake all together.

any other step up and you're a huge faggot.
dont listen to these guys op, you wanna get chicks right?
>>
>>894807
>pedal modulation and proper control of leg braking. fuck a front brake
>>
>>894817
Honestly. I cant ride as hard as I want when I ride brakeless
>>
light, bell and fender might be useful
>>
>>893724
Stopping is for homos in lycra
>>
>>894211
He didn't say gamer, geek, nerd, or use any racial slurs though
>>
>>893724
Bc its safer to have an emergency brake with the front wheel. And yeah more stopping power
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.