[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE BIKE LANE YOU CUNTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (281 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
281 KB, 3000x1688
GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE BIKE LANE YOU CUNTS
>>
>>893305
Name one time you actaullly saw these in the bike lane.
>>
>>893430
Not OP but I can name one time

It was September 20, 2015.
5:45pm central time

>Afrojack cruising on a maroon one.
>full on jordan gear
>texting while cruising up the hill
>>
>>893430
I saw a trail of segways in the bike lane, it was some tour group, this past sunday.
>>
>>893454
If it's a company I would just yell at them every time. BIKE LANE BIKE LANE FOR BIKES. Make it awkward for the guide and the customers.

I'd feel bad doing it if it was just a guy on a segway, but if it's someone trying to profit by screwing over others, I feel no guilt over obstructing them when they are in the wrong.
>>
>>893456
i agree
>>
>>893305
I never saw one until this thread. I'd ask what it is, but I see Segway mentioned, so I imagine it is a version 2.0 or something.
>>
File: illusions.png (15 KB, 588x541) Image search: [Google]
illusions.png
15 KB, 588x541
>>893473
It's the chinese toy version of it.
>>
>>893430
They're banned in England now
>>
>>893454
Segways aren't bad, as they can go pretty fast.

These little fuckers move at a slow meander. A Thoreauean ramble.
>>
>>893497
What happened there to ban them? Oo
>>
>Cyclist rides on road, holds up traffic
>"Yeah well we're entitled to be here! Fucking cager!"
>Hoverboard user rides on bike path, holds up cyclists
>"FUCKING GET OUT OF MY WAY FUCKING SCUM WHARRGARBL!"
>>
>>893518

Those piece of shit boards move walking speed and clearly belong on the sidewalk. Bikes are not safe on the sidewalk.

If a cyclist is actually holding up cars when there is a perfectly good bike lane available, by all means, call them a hypocrite. But if it's the usual "holding up traffic" that mostly happens when some dumb woman and/or elderly person doesn't feel comfortable passing a cyclist on the side of the road, you can suck my dick.
>>
>>893530
>But if it's the usual "holding up traffic" that mostly happens when some dumb woman and/or elderly person doesn't feel comfortable passing a cyclist on the side of the road, you can suck my dick.

>Complain when cars pass cyclists "too close"
>"FUCKING CAGERS ARE TRYING TO KILL ME!"
>Complain when cars don't want to pass you because they worried about how the cyclist will react
>"FUCKING CAGERS IT'S NOT MY FAULT WHARRGARBL!"
>>
File: W1.jpg (123 KB, 482x321) Image search: [Google]
W1.jpg
123 KB, 482x321
>>893541
>>
File: W2.jpg (157 KB, 482x321) Image search: [Google]
W2.jpg
157 KB, 482x321
>>
File: W3.jpg (155 KB, 482x321) Image search: [Google]
W3.jpg
155 KB, 482x321
>>
File: W4.jpg (136 KB, 482x321) Image search: [Google]
W4.jpg
136 KB, 482x321
>>
File: W5.jpg (128 KB, 482x321) Image search: [Google]
W5.jpg
128 KB, 482x321
>>
>>893430
On a daily basis, as long as it's nice outside

The crazy thing is it's always white guys in their 30s. WTF, grow the fuck up
>>
>>893541
>>893518
Bike lanes are for bikes by law. Bikes are allowed on roads by law, as long as they aren't freeways. People on bikes don't make a habit of getting on the freeway. If you don't like the law, go lobby to change it.

>>893552
I get that these are a tech toy novelty, but what can be fun about them unless you're literally too lazy to walk.
>>
>>893560
You trussers are too busy scissoring a mess of glorified metal framing to appreciate finer and lighter modes of transportation.
>>
>>893565
>2015
>scissoring is bad
>being a sexist
>being a homophobe
>hating lesbians
Triggered.
>>
>>893456
I just like passing them quickly when they go uphill on their mongomobiles.
lazy fucks.
>>
>>893517
They can't go on the pavement as they're motorised vehicles, but they also can't go on the road as they don't fit the required safety standards for motorised vehicles. There is nowhere legal for them to be used, hence they're effectively banned. This matter was recently clarified by the Crown Prosecution Service.
>>
>>893593
I agree with that decision, I just have to calm my autism down by pointng out that the argument used by the Crown is retarded. By that logic, motorized wheelchairs should also be banned
>>
>>893604
Pretty sure law have exemptions for handicaps somewhere.
>>
>>893604
>>893611
There are indeed specific exemptions (along with restrictions) for "Invalid vehicles":

https://www.gov.uk/mobility-scooters-and-powered-wheelchairs-rules/overview
>>
File: gigaparts.jpg (845 KB, 2873x1645) Image search: [Google]
gigaparts.jpg
845 KB, 2873x1645
>>893614
Holey SHEEP!
,,license,, to WHEELCHAIR!??,, 8,,, i say, 8! MPH?
,Nevada Wheelchair Law> "Do as Thou Will".
,,, im not from another universe,,Another Multiverse!
, im simultaneously,, a pedestrian,, a mobility device,, a vehicle,, a Toy.,, Doge,, dust.
>>
File: 19gp18r6o2vb9png.png (346 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
19gp18r6o2vb9png.png
346 KB, 500x335
>>893305
Yeah those annoying assholes. They shouldn't be on the road. They are too slow, they get in everyone's way, and they...

Oh wait....
>>
>>893818
>cager victim complex intensifies
Let me guess, black people have it easy because obamaphones
>>
>>893818
>>893819
I live in a city with a great attitude towards cyclists, and a big part of that is looking the other way on their absolutely disgusting riding habits.
>ride on the road when there's a perfectly good cycle path available
>ride the wrong way on a cycle path when they put up two lanes per street
>ride on the sidewalk when there's a cycle path on the other side of the street
>cut off drivers left and right
>run red lights without so much as slowing down
>ride illegal ebikes eschewing the speed limit and the pedal assist
>>
>>893834

I could list cagers' disgusting habits people look the other way on too, but what's the point.
>>
>>893836
Cagers are the victims here, can't you see that?

Once I got confused because a mean cyclist was wheelsucking me as I cruised for a parking spot at 5mph for an entire block while halfway in the bike lane and texting with one hand. It's like they think I'm supposed to use turn signals or something. Oh the humanity! They don't pay road tax!
>>
>>893541
>Complain when cars pass cyclists "too close"

No need for scarequotes, passing a cyclist closer than 1 metre is against the law.
>>
>>893844
This, there's a 1m or 1yd law in effect in many jurisdictions, and it still takes considerably less space than passing a car. The only debatable thing is when a road has a double yellow.
>>
>>893497
>banned in England.
What a surprise.
>>
>>893844
>>893845
Why do I see constant posts from cyclists complaining about "cagers" passing more than a meter from them?

Why I am seeing a cyclist complain about cars choosing not to pass them?

Cyclists: Always right.
>>
>>893879
>Why do I see constant posts from cyclists complaining about "cagers" passing more than a meter from them?
Where?
>>
>>893883
http://board.4chan.org/n/
>>
>>893305
every fucking cunt on campus is riding around on these worthless pieces of shit swerving around sidewalks and in the road and all manner of dipshittery

skateboards have never been nearly this obnoxious, at least they're moving with decent speed
>>
>>893879
passing too close or refusing to pass at all are both illegal and shitty behaviors though

>ride in bike lane or on shoulder as per law
>car unnecessarily whips by within arm's reach
>ride in bike lane or on shoulder as per law
>car refuses to pass for some bizarre reason despite having more than enough room and holds up traffic behind them needlessly
>>
>>894005
>passing too close or refusing to pass at all are both illegal and shitty behaviors though

See? Perfect example. You literally can never win with a cyclist. If you don't do *precisely* what that individual cyclist expects and wants you to do, you're a "cager" who is "recklessly" putting their life in "danger".

It's like a group of petulant tantrum-throwing 3 year olds on wheels.
>>
>>894033
>I am personally responsible for all cagers and their actions and I'll get booty blasted on their behalf any time they do anything wrong
Someone has a guilty conscience
>>
File: projecting.jpg (29 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
29 KB, 490x333
>>894040
>>
>>894049
>straw man
>moving the goalposts
>ad hominem
Do I win now?
>>
>>894060
>Korean dog grooming discussion forum
>"win"

Sure anon, you "win" this pointless internet argument. You are a winner.
>>
>>894066
There are winners and losers in life. At least you admit you're a loser. Your father did well preparing you for adulthood.
>>
>>893834
>ride illegal ebikes eschewing the speed limit and the pedal assist
Where the fuck do you live where ebikes are illegal?

Even in this shithole they're only treated identical to their motorized counterpart. That's the worst scenario I can think of.
>>
>>893834
>ride on the road when there's a perfectly good cycle path available
When I see you doing this while caging, you better believe you aren't getting too much of a safe distance when I make the pass.
>>
>>894120

I ride on the road even when there's a cycle path because

1. I'm transporting myself, not having a leisure stroll
2. I'm going too fast for the path
3. Paths are usually full of debris/broken glasses/holes/dumb people

I'm used to cagers passing me too closely though, so whatever.
>>
>>894121
>I ride on the road even when there's a cycle path because I'm a special snowflake princess and my mommy told me so
>>
>>894107
>Even in this shithole they're only treated identical to their motorized counterpart
And how many e-bikes do you see that comply with the regulations for motorised vehicles? None, right? Hence they are illegal.

>>894122
>I ride on the road because it is safer and more effective
FTFY
>>
>>894141
>I ride on the road because it is safer

Then why do I constantly see cyclists whining about how "cagers" are trying to kill them and the lack of dedicated cycling infrastructure?

Cyclists: You can't ever win.
>>
>>894141
>And how many e-bikes do you see that comply with the regulations for motorised vehicles? None, right? Hence they are illegal.
No, they all do. They are explicitly allowed by the law, it's just that you may or may not need a motorcycle license to operate it depending on the speed.

In many places, you need no license at all. My area is particularly shitty in that you need a license regardless of whether it's motorized or electric.

Where in the fuck do you live that there's no explicit ebike legislation of some kind?
>>
>>894142
Pleeeease tell me how often you see whining cyclists. Were less than 1% of the population and we are far from a "whiny" demographic.
>>
>>894158
>Pleeeease tell me how often you see whining cyclists.

>>
>>
>>894163
rekked and kekked

I hate to side with the cager but you got him good
>>
>>894164
>>894163
Is this some samefagging?
>>
>>894060
>fallacy fallacy
No
>>
>>893305
No less annoying than cyclists themselves
>>
>>894177
>dubs
Yes
>>
>>893305
I keep seeing a faggot riding one of these IN THE ROAD. It doesn't even go at a jogging pace, so this faggot is just in the road moving at a brisk walk.
>>
File: mobility scooter.jpg (67 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
mobility scooter.jpg
67 KB, 500x375
On a related note, what should I do when faced with this?

Every time I roll past a Walmart on my daily commute, I see droves of them rolling down the bike lane at 2 mph. Backwards, usually.

youtube.com/watch?v=pycdXxQsPdY
This guy's video paints a pretty good picture of my average bike ride.
>>
>>894060
None of these are formal logical fallacies.
>>
>>894596
>formal logic
Do you even know what formal logic is?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFFrsvgu1Y
>>
File: 2570789-no_fun_allowed.jpg (330 KB, 907x960) Image search: [Google]
2570789-no_fun_allowed.jpg
330 KB, 907x960
>>893497
lol brits
>>
>>893497
Good
>>
>>893492
What is this?
>>
>>894596

>formal logic

Rhetorical logical is first order logic, FL is second order symbolic logic. Fallacies of rhetorical logic are, by definition, logical fallacies.

>pull your head out of your ass and perhaps you'll stop talking so much shit.
>>
>>893430

I live in Washington DC. If the weather is nice the bike lanes get clogged with those asshats and segways. It's fun since any group with 5 or more members means you will see someone busy their ass, but it ducks since they ride abreast, go slow and have no clue where they are going.
>>
>>897284
Fuck auto correct
>>
>>897278
Shitty optical illusions.
>>
>>893305
People can't even be bothered walking or cycling now?

Fucking hell
>>
>>894107
all ebikes, pedal assist or otherwise are illegal in all of NYC. There is no way to make them compliant. The law was passed a few years ago after stupid old women got upset about chinese delivery men taking them up and constantly hitting people
>>
>>897533
>The law was passed a few years ago after stupid old women got upset about chinese delivery men taking them up and constantly hitting people

They are a menace though, and it's not just chinese delivery guys. I see a lot of fat, doughy, pasty white guys riding them on the path, wildly out of control and going much too fast for their own abilities. They're the only thing worse than citi bikes.

Anyone who can't go fast under their own power has no business going that fast on a motor.
>>
>>894107
Not that poster but they are banned in NYC
>>
When wheeliefags grow up
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.