[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /mu/ listened to this yet? If so what did you think? I&#
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 1200x888) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 1200x888
Has /mu/ listened to this yet? If so what did you think? I'm personally super into it... The blend of blues, slave spirituals and black metal works better than expected, you can find the album here:

https://zealandardor.bandcamp.com/

It's also on iTunes...
>>
>>66496078
Drugleaf/weedhitler fuck off
>>
>>66496078
it's a gimmick but it's a neat gimmick
>>
>>66496078
It's alright but the production is fucking terrible
>>
>>66496078
Why the islamic trap tho. This could have been a very solid album.
>>
>>66496078
It could have been a bit rawer and wilder, the production makes it sound like your average mediocre pop music, but overall I love this album
>>
>>66496078
Honestly, it's one of my favorites this year. It's a shame it isn't longer though.
>>
>>66496078
The muddy production is the only thing that really stands out as a negative. Other than that I really dig the concept.
>>
>>66496078
novelty flavorofthemonth-core
>>
>>66496078
I've been waiting for metal to return to its blues roots, I remember it being something that I said on here a month ago.
>>
>>66496296
Yeah, that' shits all over the whole album and clashes with the rest of the aesthetic.
>>
this was invented on /mu/

http://screamingguitars.com/the-real-story-behind-the-spiritual-black-metal-blues/
>>
>>66496078
Came across it by accident. I'm an oldfag from the south who likes Jubilee gospel, so I like the old gospel sound. I don't like the "hip hop" song and the Muslim shit. Overall, though, it's interesting enough. It would be more interesting if they could further develop this sound and include more old-time southern textures and have them blend a little better with the "black metal" stuff they have going on.
>>
It was beautiful but what's up with that glockenspiel? It's all over the album.
Is it the author's idea of negro dungeon synth?
>>
>>66497189
The hip-hop and muslim stuff is there because the music was created as a combo between "nigger music" and "black metal". The "nigger music" part is highly ambiguios, so the album covers a few different things
>>
>>66496960
Check out some doom metal, pallbearer is like that
>>
>ITS FUCKING BIRDMASK
I FUCKING KNEW IT
>>
>>66497469
You know, that makes sense now, but makes it kind of gimmicky and makes the album feel uneven. The gospel and black metal together has a subversively sinister sound to my ears. I'd love to hear more of that. Even some Appalachia folk would mix well with it, I think. If I could play music, I'd do it myself, but I leave music to the musicians. I just know what I like.
>>
>>66497551
Some doom metal is like that, but I want some more bluesy metal in the Sabbath vein that isn't doom.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.