[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the better experiment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: kanye.png (460 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
kanye.png
460 KB, 1000x500
Which is the better experiment?
>>
>>66475405
808 since yeezus isnt really new
>>
808s because his emotion was real on that record and at least I feel I can hear the difference
>>
>>66475405
i feel like 808's was a more experimental venture for Kanye than Yeezus was, but that's mostly because 808's gave him a really strong foundation for attempting something like Yeezus, but I feel Yeezus was more successful in what it attempted and achieved
>>
Yeezus feels more like a reaction to 808s to me. I feel like yeezus perfectly encapsulates what he was feeling in the moment
>>
808s was actual ahead of its time
not saying yeezus was bad though, desu its my favorite out of the two
>>
>>66475405
>tfw Kanye will never drop a single like Love Lockdown and have everyone scratching their heads wondering what he's got planned
>tfw Kanye will never drop a second single like Heartless that will have everyone surprisingly fall in love with the his new sound
>>
I'd go with 808, because that had the much bigger influence in modern rap, if you would assume that Yeezus had any at all t.b.h

but that's kinda understandable, because Yeezus was just such a hard pill to swallow for the mass and it also completly relied on the A-tier production, which doesn't make it easy for a hip-hop-producer to get influenced by it without letting their music sound like a cheap rip-off

still like Yeezus a lot more
>>
trout mask replica
>>
>this exact thread is on /v/
>>
>>66475405
>experiment
Both are trash pop albums
>>
>>66475405
808s inspired about 60% of the hip-hop landscape of the 2010s, but Yeezus is the better album. Speaking on which experiment was more effective, probably 808s
>>
Yeezus was Kanyes last adventurous musical effort. He will never venture into unknown territory again. He will play it safe from here on out. And it's quite sad knowing that. But he's already proved himself extensively before the age of 40 so I'm not too upset
>>
>>66475630
At the time, people hated his new direction, except for Top 40 which adopted it because it was catchy. It took a long time for fans to see where he was going with it. It's still not a perfect album but it's aged very well
>>
808 was a poorly autontuned mess, and a major let down from graduation.

Graduation was way more experimental and influential from the art style to his music videos to doing innovative things like sampling Daft Punk.

Yeezus on the otherhand was a Travis Scott album

All in all Kanye is a hack
>>
why do people act like kanye is some sort of sampling god
>>
The Life of Pablo
>>
>>66476435

Cause they're plebians that don't realize that Kanye needs to rip off other artists out of sheer laziness.
>>
>>66476452

The album that took him 3 years to make, stealing Travis Scott's aesthetic, dick riding Young Thug lyrically, having ghost writers write his raps, and paying off unknown producers a $100 for there beats. Yeah man that was definitely experimental of him.
>>
>>66476604
not a kanye dickrider but i don't hear the tra$h scott or young thug thing at all. and where's your proof for the rest?
>>
>>66476396
gr8 b8
>>
>>66476654

He's a pathological fraud.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/trending/Amber-Rose-accuses-Kanye-West-of-not-writing-songs-Travis-Scott-Supper-Club.html

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7278644/young-thug-slime-season-3-mixtape-kanye

http://www.mtv.com/news/2699054/travis-scott-yeezus/
>>
>>66475405
808s is his best album, followed by MBDTF and then yeezus.
>>
>>66476776

Autism
>>
>>66476751
>Amber Rose as a credible source
Nice b8
>>
>>66475405

Yeezus
The entire second act of 808s (Amazing -> Robocop) doesn't work. And "See You In My Nightmares" is atrocious

Yeezus, on the other hand, is tight as a snare drum. Even one of the lesser moments (I'm In It) has all that weird reggae stuff going on it that makes it sonically interesting.

And "Blood on the Leaves" is the apex of Kanye's creativity. Yes, beating out even the mythic "Runaway". Are there any more poignant lyrics than the first three lyrics
>I just need to clear my mind now
>it's been racing since the summertime
>now I'm holding down a summer now

Not the loquacious and perhaps mildly ham fisted profundity of "Gorgeous", but, when juxtaposed with Simone, a moment truly worthy of being called literary, evoking the same summertime surrealism as Flannery 'O Connor.

In employing that sample, in throwing it up against Hudson Mohawke and a trashy tabloid story, not capturing perfectly the sacrilege he could only express in words in "Hell of a Life".

Is there any moment that more masterfully applies autotune (excepting perhaps, the similar moment on "Runaway) in that outro?

808s was important in establishing Kanye's toolset as an artist, but it can't hold a candle to Yeezus as an experiment
>>
>>66477086

These lyrics are the apex of Kanyes creativity?
To all my second string bitches, tryna get a baby
Trying to get a baby, now you talkin' crazy
I don't give a damn if you used to talk to Jay-Z
He ain't with you, he with Beyoncé, you need to stop actin' lazy
She Instagram herself like #BadBitchAlert
He Instagram his watch like #MadRichAlert
He only wanna see that ass in reverse
Two-thousand-dollar bag with no cash in your purse
Now you sittin' courtside, wifey on the other side
Gotta keep 'em separated, I call that apartheid
Then she said she impregnated, that's the night your heart died
This is all just ghetto lyricism with random nonsense trying to come off as poetry over a terrible beat
>>
>>66477488
There are lyrics that are far better on TLOP for fucks sake, that has to be b8
>>
>>66477488
Back to /pol/ you go
>>
>2012
>People still care about lyrics
>>
>>66477566
His apex was Graduation, and then he became a jargled coke snorting brain fried mess that somehow gave him schizoid affective disorder.

>>66477567
In just telling it like it is. His newer lyrics are a desecration on thought and language. Instead of being forward and progressing lyricism, since he has all the time and money in the world to do that, he opts out of it to cater to do the lowest common denominator of society, by spitting out de evolved borderline retarded English. It's sad for a man in his 30s to be this illiterate, making proclamations that he's a genius and up there with Picasso.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.