[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody on here listen to her? Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Sevdaliza.jpg (582 KB, 1377x960) Image search: [Google]
Sevdaliza.jpg
582 KB, 1377x960
Anybody on here listen to her? Thoughts?
>>
>her
>>
>>66451081
Why...nvm
>>
>go on the artist's twitter
>political shit plaguing the entire wall
every single time. dont tell me she's trans, too? please don't fit further into the stereotype...
>>
>>66451946
Why can't artists speak out about issues they care about? And why would that change whether you enjoy her music?
>>
>>66452338
Because it gets to a point where artist don't have a personality. They just meld together into anti-government drones

When's the last time you heard an artist giving life advice or an anecdote, in place of whining about "the man" or humanity?
>>
>>66452468
How does offering life advice and anecdotes give an artist more personality than tweeting about social issues? It's about what you say
>>
>>66451026
link? Not sure who she is.
>>
That shit isn't a girl
>>
>>66452765
https://m.soundcloud.com/sevdaliza/sets/children-of-silk
>>
i love me some dirty crack whores
>>
>>66452603
Because I would rather hear about social issues from people who are actually well knowledged about it
rather hear zizek and freaking chomsky rant about this shit.It's annoying seeing an artist you like tweeting about shit thats they clearly don't know about and I don't expect them to know because they spend majority of time making music. it's like seeing /pol/ all over again
share your fav music, talk about your writing process. inspire us
not give us butched wikipedia summaries every moment.
so tired of it.
>>
>>66452891
Nobody's forcing you to read their opinions. /pol/ is allowed to talk about music and musicians are allowed to voice their political opinions. If you don't want to listen you don't have to but what's the point of telling people what they should or shouldnt talk about
>>
>>66452967
true and thats why I don't listen to her music
>>
>>66452832
thanks!

>>66452967
mu can't separate the art from the artist. They also tend to view women, POC, and LGBTQ individuals talking about their experiences as being political.
>>
>>66452987
Okay, I mean I get it, but you still never offered a critique of her music, just her twitter profile.
>>
>>66453067
>>66453068

not true I love elysia crampton,inga copeland,holly herndon n grimes, dean blunt

Sevdaliza is just another fatima al qadiri all style no substance

FKA twigs and kelea do what shes doing much better.
>>
>>66453067
True. I don't know why I bother
>>
>>66453103
Yeah there's some truth to that. I just like her stuff better
>>
>>66452891
zizek and chomsky are meme philosophers and you're not as smart as you think you are
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.