[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Swans have music videos? Does Gira think they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Why doesn't Swans have music videos? Does Gira think they are trash or something
>>
because if you listened to swans when they were actually good you would know their videos are real bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKTixcLm7lg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qS3tHL6AV4
>>
>>66448097
I emailed gira about doing a mini film for him for The Seer free of charge but he never responded :(
>>
>>66449231
can't believe he never got back to you
>>
Because most music videos are trash and their songs are 20+ minutes long
>>
>>66449272
>>66449231
I once sent him a link to an old blues compilation (in one of the most recent interviews at the time he expressed that he wasn't too familiar with the time frame the compilation focused on) and he never responded.
>>
>>66449303
crazy! i would have thought he'd email you back almost immediately
>>
The big thing with Swans' music is that it conjures mental images and scenes by itself. A video would completely defeat the purpose.
>>
>>66449342
yeah me too I would have thought that he would
>>
>>66449342
It was on the Swans facebook page, so admittedly it might've been flooded regularly with fan-mail, but still.
>>66449371
Most music conjures up mental images, at least for me. I've never watched a music video that lived up to what I saw in my head, so to speak.
>>
>>66449190
imagine that at their current age
>>
>>66448097
Lars Von Trier and Kirsten Dunst thought he was weird and refused his request they make a video for the song "Kirsten Supine"
>>
>>66448097
gira is pretty bad presenting his work visually
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.