[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate live shows you've been to (local bands don't count)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 18.jpg (51 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
51 KB, 480x319
Rate live shows you've been to (local bands don't count) 1 out of 10.

I'll start: Micachu and the Shapes: 7/10
Neon Indian: 9/10 (Suprising right?)
Animal Collective: 8/10
Black Pistol Fire: 6/10
Wolfmother: 7/10
Stone Temple Pilots: 8/10
Titus Andronicus: 4/10
Battles: 9/10
Paul Simon: 10/10
>>
>>66439792
Some others
Ludacris: 6/10
Childish Gambino: 7/10
Flux Pavillion: 6/10
Zed's Dead: 6/10
Knife Party: 9/10 (suprisingly again)
Passion Pit: 8/10
Cherub: 6/10
Cory Morrow (idk why I went to this): 2/10
Riff Raff (or this): 4/10
>>
>>66439792
It pains me to see that Titua Andronicus was rated so lowly. What was so bad about them?
Here's my list:
Swans: 9/10 (got Gira to sign my copy of To Be Kind)
Death Grips: 10/0 (both times)
Deafheaven: 10/10
Clipping: 8/10
Busdriver: 5/10
Run the Jewels: 7/10
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah: 7/10
Tesseract: 6/10
Neutral Milk Hotel: 8/10
Melt Banana: 9/10
Dan Deacon: Was a 10/10 until he started spouting irrelevant liberal bullshit, then 5/10
Mayhem: music was 10/10 but crowd was 3/10
Philip Glass: 100/10, best show I've even been to by far
>>
>>66439911
Man your list is really great. Very jealous of some of the acts you've gotten to see.

Titus Andronicus is a band I've liked for a while, and most people around here like, but when I saw them they lacked energy quite a bit. The sound was pretty awful, it was at a real shitty venue, and the crowd didn't know who they where and didn't give a shit.

The music was actually more of a 6 or 7 out of 10. It was their Monitor tour, and they played the whole album start to finish, and it was nice. But they mostly stood there, I think they where tired and knew the venue was shit and most of the people there didn't even know them. It was dissapointing.

The crowd was 1/10
Music was 6/10
Energy was 4/10

So overall like 4/10

Why did Busdriver suck?
>>
>>66439967
I actually saw Patrick Stickles live before, it was just him. He was performing at this record store that had a small stage where artists come to promote their music. It was really bizarre, it was just him and a guitar, but it was really very intimate and enjoyable. I got to meet him, super nice guy. Never seen the whole band though.
Busdriver sucked because the sound was mixed really poorly and he seemed kind of confused and spaced out on stage. I met him before the show though and took a pic, he was just chilling on his phone. Really wish the show could have gone better. Clipping opened for him though, and they fucking killed it.
>>
>>66439792
busdriver 6/10
deerhoof 7/10
xiu xiu 8/10
stephin merritt 8/10
Morrissey 8/10
Neutral Milk Hotel 9/10
Dan Deacon 8/10
>>66439911
did he make the crowd form a tunnel and have people run through at your show
Olivia Tremor Control 8/10
Leonard Cohen 10/10
Art Brut 7/10
Belle and Sebastian 9/10
Buckethead 8/10 (surprisingly fun show)
Megadeath 6/10
Ghostface 9/10
Loren Mazzacane Connors 8/10
Keiji Haino 9/10
Peter Brötzmann Quartet 8/10
Venetian Snares 7/10
Acid Mothers Temple 9/10
>>
>local bands don't count
>implying anything other than underground DIY music scenes matter in 2016

lmao middle american high schooler pls go
>>
>>66440033
nah, but dan deacon made us all make an empty circle in the middle where he told us to dance in a weird way then pull people in, like a dance party. it was pretty damn cool he also made us split into 2 halves, and each half had a leader where that half had to imitate their leader, like simon says. it was sweet.
>>
>>66440096
OP here, I mean fuck it if you want me to

The Hangouts: 6/10
Ex-Optimist: 5/10
Kuma: 9/10
Girl Band: 6/10
Mutant Love: 7/10
Wonder Girl: 7/10
Adults: 7/10
Ass: 6/10
LUCA: 5/10
UnicornDog: 7/10
OddFolks: 9/10

979 Represent baby!
>>
explosions in the sky: 10/10 i cried lol
deafheaven: 7/10
title fight: 7.5/10
mac demarco: 7/10
wild nothing: 4/10 the sound was really bad
diiv: 10/10 personal best
>>
Young the Giant: 6/10
Perfume Genius: 9/10 (beautiful)
Chance the Rapper: 7/10 (he was aight. Saw him with the social experiment)
Whitney: 8/10
Beach House 8.5/10
Viet Cong: 7.5/10
Empire of the Sun: 9/10
>>
>>66440033
Where did you see NMH at?
Did anyone commit suicide during Leonard Cohen?
Why was MegaDeath 6/10?
>>
Ty Segall: 8/10
Of Montreal: 7/10
Titus Andronicus: 9/10
Boban and Marko Markovic: 8/10
Yonatan Gat: 7/10
Godspeed You! Black Emperor: 7/10
Cymbals Eat Guitars: 9/10
The Dismemberment Plan: 7/10 (opener Priests: 8/10)
Father John Misty: 7/10 (opener Tess & Dave: 2/10)
San Fermin: 3/10 (this is all personal taste - the friends I went with who like the band far more than me loved it)
>>
>>66440413
how many members did GSY!BE have? I hear a different number from everyone that see's them.
>>
>>66440346
i saw explosions in the sky too it was fucking GREAT

thinking about seeing some shows but idk who?? where do you guys follow that stuff?
>>
>>66440380
>Where did you see NMH at?
crystal ballroom in portland
>Did anyone commit suicide during Leonard Cohen?
I hope not. Have people been doing this?

>MegaDeath 6/10?
went with a friend out of curiosity. Turns out I don't like megadeath that much. I wanted to like it but they couldn't really win me over.
>>
>>66439792
What was AnCo touring for?

>>66439911
>was gonna go see Dan Deacon but couldn't because I had a date planned
>tfw got dumped a week later

Here's some of mine:
Animal Collective: 8/10 (PW tour, was expecting very little, blew me away)
Joanna Newsom: 10/10 (best night of my life)
Mountain Goats: 8/10
Laura Marling: 5/10 (Short Movie tour, which is why)
Deerhunter: 8/10
Sun Kil Moon: 9/10 (Benji tour)
>>
>>66440561
They where touring for Centipede Hz debut tour
>>
>>66440561
fuck you saw Joanna Newsom?
Where at? Why 10/10? I really wana see her, convince meeeeeeee
>>
>>66440561
Saw Mountain Goats on the Transcendental Youth tour would give that show 9/10
>>
>>66439792
The Experience Hendrix Tour (Eric Johnson, Dweezil Zappa, Mato Nanji, Buddy Guy, some other guitarists i don't care for like Zakk Wylde) ....8/10 (Eric was 10/10, Mato Nanji was 8.5/10)
Anco 3.5/10
>>
>>66440598
AnCo was 3.5?? Do tell.
>>
>>66440579
She's my favourite artist. She doesn't tour often at all so I knew I couldn't afford to miss her on the Divers tour. I live in the middle of nowhere atm but I went to Dublin for it. 10/10 because of her voice, her playing (she goes wild at the harp), her presence, my seat, her clothes, the god-tier setlist (a lot of Divers but high points of TMEM, and songs from Ys and HOOM throughout), the band... I can genuinely say it was the best music experience of my life. And the encore... Baby Birch and the way she performs it left most of the people in the hall in tears.

Why do you need convincing if you really wanna see her? Honestly if you can manage to go to one of her concerts, I can't recommend it enough.
>>
>>66440635
Anco made me feel bad for being a fan desu.

i don't like that album so much, and i think its their weakest live, just judging from videos
they played some older songs from Sung Tongs and stuff and they were good, maybe 7/10, but the PW songs were awful
the mixing was bad, too bassy
and some of the synths were very shrill
the drums didnt fit and were kinda amateurish sounding
the best vocalist was too quite in the mix
the whiny vocals were too loud
I was at the back so the mixing was bad for me, but im sure it sounded fine for the crowd
the crowd was energetic
this seems like a plus but it seemed out of place compared to the bad sounds
The overly bassy mix and the bubbly hipster crowd (its a typical 4chan sop-out way to describe the crowd as hipster but its stunningly accurate to the stereotype) just made it feel like crappy dance music.
I brought a non-fan along and basically turned them off of Anco
So yeah....I will say Anco did perform with some enthusiasm and did 2 encores so that was cool, props to them....but I did not like the show
>>
>>66440718
*quiet in the mix
*its a typical 4chan cop-out
>>
>>66440718
What gig was this? Afaik they haven't been playing any Sung Tongs material on their PW tour. So unless they were playing PW material before it was released... idk man. Setlist.fm has the one instance of a ST song in this tour... Probably not for you I guess. Everyone I've spoken to, myself included, thought they put on a fucking great show with PW material (which I think is one of their weakest studio releases). The drummer was also fucking great.
>>
>>66440770
Feels and STGSTV according to the setlist, I just picked a random older Anco release, i don't actually remember what they played, but apparently it was Loch Raven, Bees, Alvin Row, Daily Routine....actually I specifically remember Alvin Row and Daily Routine,
>>
>>66440672
Great description, thank you.

Because for me going to see her would be very, very expensive.
>>
>>66440846
Yeah that sounds about right. I got the same songs. Shame you didn't enjoy it. Sounds a bit lke your attitude wasn't ideal for it though? Standing at the back looking at the crowd and being mad about bad mixing and whatnot. I was in the middle of the crowd dancing my ass off and it's been one of the most fun gigs I've ever attended. I do agree on the shrill synths, but I had plugs so I wasn't bothered.

>>66440920
Yeah fair enough man. I mean don't sell your organs or anything but if you can afford it and you're a fan, I really don't think you'd be disappointed in the slightest.
>>
Kanye 10/10
Kendrick 8/10
Rae Sremmurd 10/10
Schoolboy Q 7/10
Run the Jewels 8/10
Pusha T 9/10
Freddie Gibbs 7/10
>>
>>66440973
Kanye was 10/10?
What did he do suck your dick?
>>
>>66440998
yes
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.