[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain the hype behind this guy? I get that he is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: logic.jpg (92 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
logic.jpg
92 KB, 500x395
Can someone explain the hype behind this guy? I get that he is supposed to be this nice guy that cares about his fans and all, but none of that matters if he doesn't make interesting music. I find his music boring and generic. Am i listening to this wrong?
>>
>>66410155
By the way, I've listened to the incredible true story, young sinatra, and bobby t
>>
>>66410155
Nah he really is just boring and generic. His music appeals to 12 year olds who listen to eminem and hopsin because they rap about real stuff.
He has some really good songs, but hes nothing special.
>>
>>66410155
under pressure was like gkmc
so if youre into that sort of thing
>>
>>66410155
He has skill as a rapper but not as a songwriter.
>>
>>66410155

He's alright. Nothing to brag about though.
>>
>>66411874
Pretty much this. Obviously has skill but he has yet to really hone in on his own unique sound. Everything he's put out sounds incredibly derivative of someone else' work or flat out generic.
>>
>>66410155
He is extremely generic. Though a few of the songs are decent, off of under pressure. He just steals and mimics a lot of flows, lyrics, and beats from actual talented people.
>>
Lightskin, appeals to white teenagers. Essentially a new J Cole. Trash
>>
I don't think he's anything special, but my friend thinks he's the best thing around for some reason.
>>
People who haven't explored rap very much seem to like him, probably because they haven't listened to enough to realize how generic he sounds. He's a skilled rapper though. Somebody should muzzle him to stop him from biting though
>>
holy fuck the circle jerking here.

>>66413551
Everyone does that, even the "actual talented people"

- I really really like The Incredible True Story. It's a great album. Though his new stuff is kind of shitty.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.